Reed pops Vilma in the face

Sperm Edwards

Here we go again.

Add it to the list:

Players bringing shotguns to the stadium.

Players popping off at the mouth about new moves they are going to use.

DWI's.

Fist sights on the sidelines.

Wow, Herm really does have this team under control.

Taking the leadership role a bit too far?

Pushing his man past his limits?

Vilma had Chief's Oline in his grill all day and was probably fed up with it.

Fergie always ate up blockers last season.

More than once I saw James Reed trying to do too much.

The guy needs to do his job and let the playmakers make the plays.

Thanks for your contributions, Mr. Reed. Your services are no longer required.

If Tank Reed is still a Jet on Wednesday, then our joke of a coach should immediately be fired. How the hell is this team supposed to regroup when a below-average defensive tackle can get away with punching our star linebacker? Reed better start packing his ******* bags tonight.

Thanks for your contributions, Mr. Reed. Your services are no longer required.

If Tank Reed is still a Jet on Wednesday, then our joke of a coach should immediately be fired. How the hell is this team supposed to regroup when a below-average defensive tackle can get away with punching our star linebacker? Reed better start packing his farging bags tonight.

Think Alan Harper is still available? :lol:

Good thing we cut McGill. :shock:

Chaos on the sidelines during a game again.

Simply you cannot have this. Reed has to turn in his playbook tommorrow morning. And if that doesn't happen, this organization needs to take a long hard look about how it does it's business and what behavior it will tolerate.

We've been fed this nonsense that Reed was a player. He's at best a scrub. Go.

I dont think its fair to ask for Reed's head. We do not know what happened on the sidelines. Maybe Vilma said something to him that warranted a smack in the mouth? I sure as all heck hope that Vilma was not criticizing Reed's play, because while Reed stunk like a fresh turd Vilma'a play wasnt anything to write home to mom about either.

Anyway, I will agree that it is definetly time to demote Reed to a role where he is semi-decent and thats as a situational - pass rushing DT who gives you 10 plays a game. The fact that this guy is our starting NT is a complete joke.

If I am Donnie I give the NT job to Legree and tell him to keep it warm while Pouha develops. Then if I am donnie i tell Pouha that HE better develop fast because we need him.

But it is time to put this reed experiment to rest.

It's amazing. 5 years ago, almost to the day (Sept 9, 2001), the Jets very first game of the Herm error was eerily identical to the one just played yesterday.

Sans the 30 points the offense scored back in 2001, of course. :lol:

The players change. The Coordinators change. But the results stay the same. The one static, common denominator is Herm. The Jets will rebound, though. They'll win just enough games to save their jobs, and keep it interesting.

Same as it ever was.

Gotta love that offensive line, too. In four years, Bradway and Edwards have competely destroyed it. The only guy left worth a sht is Mawae, and he had his worst game, yesterday. Send Fabini to the glue factory, now.

And that secondary... wowee. Who's idea was it to have the CB's provide a 15 yard cushion off the LOS? Ted Cottrells? OH, wait a minute. He's no longer here. Herm?

Pennington. I'm thoroughly embarrassed for having written my puff piece about magic and willy wonka after that pre-season game against the Giants. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

So... what else?

Oh yeah, when did the Jets re-sign Larry Webster and Steve Martin?

3 running plays for 75 yards and a TD on the Chief's opening drive. :lol:

Garrison Hearst on MNF all over again.

Hey, but look on the bright side. Johnny Abe got his first gratuitous, coverage sack on a botched hail mary play with seconds left in the half.

The Chiefs would have to wait until the 3rd quarter to put this one away.

Did I miss anything?

I agree with Bugg. If this happened (obviously I didn't see it) then Reed needs to be CUT immediately.

He had about as bad a 1st quarter as you could possibly have. And he punches Vilma?

Cmon. See ya.

Reed did not do his job. Chiefs ran all over the Jets right side. Reed did not free up Vilma.

Time to put some meat in that slot. Where is Phoua?

I agree with Bugg. If this happened (obviously I didn't see it) then Reed needs to be CUT immediately.

He had about as bad a 1st quarter as you could possibly have. And he punches Vilma?

Cmon. See ya.

Exactly.

Re-sign Harper as the #3 and start Pouha, he's a big body who did OK in the 2nd half while Reed and Legree were pretty much nowhere to be found.

Archived