JN Mafia: AOL GAME THREAD

ZachEY

BTW this post had me laughing out loud at work.

Glad to oblige. :D

What the game lacked in quality play it more than made up for it in entertainment value.

The mafia team was behind the 8 ball from day 1 when Ace was outed as Doggin. Then Irish Bastard NKd Doggin & I. Slats had serious personal matters to attend to which kept him away from the game for the most part and then Rooney was also distracted by real life. Once I was NK the team was on borrowed time.

I was glad to get back in because I thought Soprano had a good chance to make it to the end if not for IB ("... if not for those meddling kids!"). Doggin didn't like me subbing for Marcellus b/c he thought the town would find out the new MW was me, but I knew I could play it in such a way as it would matter.

Also, Pac, as MW I was doing the ol' "hidding in plain sight." My mathematical argument was not only 100% spot on in theory, but also in practice since the last 2 mafia players were in the 5 I said should be considered.

Also, AVM, that 66% wasn't a typo. I was just giving you a golden clue and see if anyone saw it. It was 100% spot on because out of Rooney, Marcellus & Fredo there was a 66% chance at hitting scum.

I love to the alts and hope we continue to use it. I find it easier to play the game and use varying styles so, at least, to have people guess. Players will peg you, but not all will which is an advantage.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Glad to oblige. :D

What the game lacked in quality play it more than made up for it in entertainment value.

The mafia team was behind the 8 ball from day 1 when Ace was outed as Doggin. Then Irish Bastard NKd Doggin & I. Slats had serious personal matters to attend to which kept him away from the game for the most part and then Rooney was also distracted by real life. Once I was NK the team was on borrowed time.

I was glad to get back in because I thought Soprano had a good chance to make it to the end if not for IB ("... if not for those meddling kids!"). Doggin didn't like me subbing for Marcellus b/c he thought the town would find out the new MW was me, but I knew I could play it in such a way as it would matter.

Also, Pac, as MW I was doing the ol' "hidding in plain sight." My mathematical argument was not only 100% spot on in theory, but also in practice since the last 2 mafia players were in the 5 I said should be considered.

Also, AVM, that 66% wasn't a typo. I was just giving you a golden clue and see if anyone saw it. It was 100% spot on because out of Rooney, Marcellus & Fredo there was a 66% chance at hitting scum.

I love to the alts and hope we continue to use it. I find it easier to play the game and use varying styles so, at least, to have people guess. Players will peg you, but not all will which is an advantage.

I still cant figure out why Lefty and Fredo werente down with that logic and wanted to kill me claiming GF. It was making me nutty, if they would have just agreed to it, I would have had less suspicion. It made me step back and see how you and Rooney were both playing me.

Were you guys dying with laughter watching us go back an forth for that day?

I like the alts, but I think it slows the game down.

I wanted in as Marcelluis to try and get Pac lynched, but you beat me to the punch.

Would've been fun. I like to think the Pac vs. Me battles are one of the best ongoing battles in mafia. I'd love to be scum with him one day and see who turns on who first :D (and ftr, pac is actually a good guy with a rough sense of humor, and i say this as the #1 target for his slander)

I still cant figure out why Lefty and Fredo werente down with that logic and wanted to kill me claiming GF. It was making me nutty, if they would have just agreed to it, I would have had less suspicion. It made me step back and see how you and Rooney were both playing me.

I like the alts also, but by day 2 I can't hide myself anymore so I don't see the point.

As far as why pac didn't pick up on that, I'd say it's cause he never made it past a grade school education..

doofus1.gif

Fredo otoh, was probably blinded by your epic dooshbaggery

I wanted in as Marcelluis to try and get Pac lynched, but you beat me to the punch.

Would've been fun. I like to think the Pac vs. Me battles are one of the best ongoing battles in mafia. I'd love to be scum with him one day and see who turns on who first :D (and ftr, pac is actually a good guy with a rough sense of humor, and i say this as the #1 target for his slander)

That would have been funny as hell. Slats warned us early that he may have to bail, so that's why I emails EY as a contingency. If I didn't you would have likely had your shot.

In this game it would have been classic with Hill vs. Lefty vs. Marcellus.

No, I wasn't dying with laughter because I was more stunned than anything that both Fredo & Lefty didn't go along with it. I wanted to make a 100% pro-town argument which was a trap in itself because, naturally, to not agree with it was scummy.

By Lefty being hellbent against you it just made the lynch easier. By then though, Rooney had gotten consumed by outside stuff so I was essentially flying solo.

I tried my best to rehabilitate the situation and (to pat myself on the back), had it set up for both the Fredo lynch and your lynch the following day. Bravo to you for finally catching it.

This was probably the only time you see innocent investigation results being invaluable in a game, so bravo for Vicious. His results painted me in a corner. I couldn't vote for Rooney to lynch him because that would have been my end.

I like the alts also, but by day 2 I can't hide myself anymore so I don't see the point.

As far as why pac didn't pick up on that, I'd say it's cause he never made it past a grade school education..

doofus1.gif

Fredo otoh, was probably blinded by your epic dooshbaggery

LOL, yeah, I just felt like I needed to keep the Henry EY version alive. It might have ****ed with people too much, maybe Fredo fell victim.

FWIW, I couldnt figure out anyone. I thought Lefty was Pac, but didnt know for sure. I dont think I got any right, I thougth SMC was Tony S. but wasnt sure...lol...I thats about the only ones that I had a clue on.

That would have been funny as hell. Slats warned us early that he may have to bail, so that's why I emails EY as a contingency. If I didn't you would have likely had your shot.

In this game it would have been classic with Hill vs. Lefty vs. Marcellus.

Lol.. that would've been good.

LOL, yeah, I just felt like I needed to keep the Henry EY version alive. It might have ****ed with people too much, maybe Fredo fell victim.

FWIW, I couldnt figure out anyone. I thought Lefty was Pac, but didnt know for sure. I dont think I got any right, I thougth SMC was Tony S. but wasnt sure...lol...I thats about the only ones that I had a clue on.

I was certain you were vic cause I'd never seen anyone use the "peanut butter lover" expression but him, and he's not exactly known for keeping his cards close to the vest..

Good job by vic and you..

I was certain you were vic cause I'd never seen anyone use the "peanut butter lover" expression but him, and he's not exactly known for keeping his cards close to the vest..

Good job by vic and you..

Ha! When I typed that, I remember thinking if I had heard that some where before or if I just thought of it on my own.

Damn it.

Vic's investigation on Capone was money. Great decision.

Yeah, I figured I took it too far. But it was fun to play on the other side and very difficult as well.

:cloud9:

Yeah, he played really well. Had no clue.

LOL. I played HORRIBLE! I definately fell victim to the personna you played...I tried to get away from it during the middle of the game, and did decent for a little bit. I really never took it personally though, though at times it did frustrate me. Quite hilarious at others though, kudos to you. I figured out you were JiF probably day 2 or 3, and had Dan figured out. The rest, I'll admit, I couldnt keep straight.

I apologize to the rest of the town, I played absolutely horrific. Vomit inducing bad...quite possibly the worst mafia game ever played. I know the only reason I made it to endgame was because scum thought i was too valuable to THEM to keep around, lol.

And JiF, you're right--the correct play was to not focus on you at all. My bad :P

Good game guys, especially Irish.

I stuck in the game when I shouldn't've, thinking it would serve as a welcome distraction. My teammates and EY knew that my mother passed away as soon as we got started. I dropped out when my father also went into the hospital, and he passed three weeks to the day after my mother. The funeral's today. I wasn't going to post any of that in game. It wouldn't've been right if that kept you from voting me off.

JiF/Pac - I was acting pissed, but that was all part of being scum. You guys made it fun. Thanks.

I'll be back.

LOL. I played HORRIBLE! I definately fell victim to the personna you played...I tried to get away from it during the middle of the game, and did decent for a little bit. I really never took it personally though, though at times it did frustrate me. Quite hilarious at others though, kudos to you. I figured out you were JiF probably day 2 or 3, and had Dan figured out. The rest, I'll admit, I couldnt keep straight.

I apologize to the rest of the town, I played absolutely horrific. Vomit inducing bad...quite possibly the worst mafia game ever played. I know the only reason I made it to endgame was because scum thought i was too valuable to THEM to keep around, lol.

And JiF, you're right--the correct play was to not focus on you at all. My bad :P

I've seen worse...

...I've been worse

:face:

I stuck in the game when I shouldn't've, thinking it would serve as a welcome distraction. My teammates and EY knew that my mother passed away as soon as we got started. I dropped out when my father also went into the hospital, and he passed three weeks to the day after my mother. The funeral's today. I wasn't going to post any of that in game. It wouldn't've been right if that kept you from voting me off.

JiF/Pac - I was acting pissed, but that was all part of being scum. You guys made it fun. Thanks.

I'll be back.

Slats, my man. Very sorry to hear that. My thoughts are with you. I couldnt imagine, thats a rough month.

FWIW, you were totally flying under the radar and I had no clue it was you.

I'll be back.

My condolences....

I'll be back.

Slats- Im' sorry to hear that bro. My heart goes out to you and hope it gets better for you.

No, I wasn't dying with laughter because I was more stunned than anything that both Fredo & Lefty didn't go along with it. I wanted to make a 100% pro-town argument which was a trap in itself because, naturally, to not agree with it was scummy.

By Lefty being hellbent against you it just made the lynch easier. By then though, Rooney had gotten consumed by outside stuff so I was essentially flying solo.

I tried my best to rehabilitate the situation and (to pat myself on the back), had it set up for both the Fredo lynch and your lynch the following day. Bravo to you for finally catching it.

This was probably the only time you see innocent investigation results being invaluable in a game, so bravo for Vicious. His results painted me in a corner. I couldn't vote for Rooney to lynch him because that would have been my end.

Thanks, I did do one thing right even though it was at the end of the game.

I say no alts next game, it was just waaaay too slow. I actually had to do work at work, wtf?!

Thanks, I did do one thing right even though it was at the end of the game.

I say no alts next game, it was just waaaay too slow. I actually had to do work at work, wtf?!

I agree. That and fact that the time zones will always **** me up eventually. LOL

I agree. That and fact that the time zones will always **** me up eventually. LOL

I can totally see why it screws you, but if people KNOW it's you, they're more accepting of it. I mean I have a tough time with my time difference with most of these guys.

I thought it was fun, and just in the spirit of the game.

Good game all!

Pac is just a big fagela who needs to apologize everytime he lets his flamboyant dooshy personality out of the closet..

CTM and I were :face: after that comment that you weren't drilled into the ground.

It was much like our first game on JI when buzzsaw said '4 mafia' which I picked up on immediately because Doggin never said how many scum teammates there were.

Glad you said that... you were the only one successful in making me feel like an a-hole when I put the FOS on you for not committing to a vote. Your reply had me thinking I hurt your feelings lol.

Very sorry to hear about your loss Slats. I would have never been acting like that had I known.

Pac is just a big fagela who needs to apologize everytime he lets his flamboyant dooshy personality out of the closet..

You're just lucky they killed you before I had a chance to dress you down. I knew you were hiding from me all game but in due time you would have gotten served.

I knew the math but like I said in game... I was ticked off no one acknowledged the hour long post I put in lol. I thought I had something going. :rolleyes:

I figured if I died it might at least help in some way and as it turns out it did as eagle eye Vic caught Rooney making that convenient appearance a couple minutes after my wailing baby death scene.. thanks for that btw EY.

I thought it was fun, and just in the spirit of the game.

Good game all!

Hey I didn't figure out you were BAC on the other site until like a week ago lol. I finally put the pics of the cat and the 1 liners together. :cheers:

You're just lucky they killed you before I had a chance to dress you down. I knew you were hiding from me all game but in due time you would have gotten served.

Ha! of course you would I was innocent.

Had i been scum, I never would've made it on your radar..

CTM and I were :face: after that comment that you weren't drilled into the ground.

It was much like our first game on JI when buzzsaw said '4 mafia' which I picked up on immediately because Doggin never said how many scum teammates there were.

Ha. I remember that cause I PM'd buzz right away and he edited it. We then spent the next bit hoping nobody had picked up on it.

And agreed on SMC"s slip, I couldn't believe it Fredo criticized his Math and never connected the dots that hsi failure wasn't math, it was that he let slip he had inside info

I still can't believe I didn't do better in this game. I was ****ing pissed, that clinching vote on Montana was made for the sole purpose to make me look somewhat suspect because I hadn't even recieved a vote up to that point.

I didn't know whether Doggin was scum or not, I was just delighted to have him out of the game regardless. He killed himself with his reveal. I was quietly suspicious of Soprano and Marcellus (Who was probably going to be my next target). I was happy to kill off the scum and you can see why. ****ers.

The town won despite playing a God awful game (Besides Nicky, who I had pegged as BG from the start) and the scum didn't help themselves out either.

**** you all.

I love that I'm apparently that obvious of who I am. Not that I've made any effort to hide myself, just thought it funny. Although I don't remember who it was, but screw you to whichever one of you *******s predicted that I was Lefty. Not cool. :P

And BTW, sorry to everyone for the disappearing act, work has turned into an absolute disaster and it made it really tough to keep up and/or contribute after a while. But hell, we won so no harm done, right?

One other interesting piece of news for you all. I protected nobody on Night 2 because I didn't trust a single one of you bastards, but I also knew after my reveal that I was going to become #1 on the hitlist night 3, since they would've figured I'd be out of self-protects. That's the reason I was able to do so on Nights 3 and 4.

Archived