JetNation Update. What features do you want to see?

Maxman

you got to have celery.. and a parsnip for flavor! :D

as for sofla.. i think a tweeting page would be excellent.

as for arsis question about commenting on the videos, maybe there can be a video subforum, and that would solve a lot of issues.. it wouldnt take up a lot of space in the lounge,., but there could be separate threads in that sub forum.. each with their own video..

Or you can, you know, get with the times and keep up with the current technology. ;) ;)

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Or you can, you know, get with the times and keep up with the current technology. ;) ;)

:yawn: i am completely up with technology i have a mac :D.. i just dont feel the need to watch every clip posted about men and women doing stupid things on video. :lol:

Don't watch them :D

What about "hot" stuff? :)

i am not getting into this again.. i just made ANOTHER suggestion, that i thought would be agreeable to all.

lets try to keep this thread on point.

I suggest the immediate removal of the suggestion box.

LOL. You see, this is the genius that would be missed if we eliminated free expression, or "riffing", in various threads. EY, no joke, I just spit out some wine I was drinking when I clicked on your post. Huge laugh for me. Thanks for not following the format.

LOL. You see, this is the genius that would be missed if we eliminated free expression, or "riffing", in various threads. EY, no joke, I just spit out some wine I was drinking when I clicked on your post. Huge laugh for me. Thanks for not following the format.

yes but EY was on point and didnt need to insult anyone or post a video. he is da MAN!

sorry, I just have to jump in here for a second, the parties on BOTH sides of this video thread idea look like a bunch of retards trying to f@@k a doorknob.

1 yes the idea of an official video thread sucks as do all official threads (save a few where it makes sense like roadtri threads or things where we want consolidation of info). This probably was an off the cuff thought that was just mentioned without the amount of thought required to really make this decision and how it would impact the site overall.

2 neither max nor any of the mods are trying to install any pc sterilization doctrine. It is just that some people have really turned @sshole, both new and old posters

3 the people making the snide remarks and undercover personal attacks and the people who are overly sensitive and just live to bitch and whine both need to stow their sh@t and man up(and women are included, its just a figure of speech)

4 yes it is max's place and we just visit, but I would bet my kegerator that max doesn't feel that way and would never take that attitude with anyone here. A lot of you who are digging into him on the sneak, I can read between the lines, know first hand what it feels like to post on a board with an owner with a "this is my sandbox" attitude, don't forget that next time you want to complain or comment about the direction this board is heading in

5 to those that were banned, hey you must have had some brazen disregard for max and the board, but knowing the gentleman he is I am sure any ban could be overturned just by talkin' to the guy.

6 to the new people thinking they are beingtreated second class, get over it, a lot of you brought it on yourself when you first got here with some of the posts you started. Deal with it and move on, this place is way more fun then the place you came from, trust me.

7 To the old posters giving crap to thecyounger ones ( your posts and threads about the place going downhill do nothing to make this site any better) get over it. Just because you are tossing some self deprivating humor in there doesn't make your post any less inciting or lame.

This rant is directed at nobody any everybody in particular. Let's all move on and make this place the fin carefree joint we knowit can be

sorry, I just have to jump in here for a second, the parties on BOTH sides of this video thread idea look like a bunch of retards trying to f@@k a doorknob.

1 yes the idea of an official video thread sucks as do all official threads (save a few where it makes sense like roadtri threads or things where we want consolidation of info). This probably was an off the cuff thought that was just mentioned without the amount of thought required to really make this decision and how it would impact the site overall.

2 neither max nor any of the mods are trying to install any pc sterilization doctrine. It is just that some people have really turned @sshole, both new and old posters

3 the people making the snide remarks and undercover personal attacks and the people who are overly sensitive and just live to bitch and whine both need to stow their sh@t and man up(and women are included, its just a figure of speech)

4 yes it is max's place and we just visit, but I would bet my kegerator that max doesn't feel that way and would never take that attitude with anyone here. A lot of you who are digging into him on the sneak, I can read between the lines, know first hand what it feels like to post on a board with an owner with a "this is my sandbox" attitude, don't forget that next time you want to complain or comment about the direction this board is heading in

5 to those that were banned, hey you must have had some brazen disregard for max and the board, but knowing the gentleman he is I am sure any ban could be overturned just by talkin' to the guy.

6 to the new people thinking they are beingtreated second class, get over it, a lot of you brought it on yourself when you first got here with some of the posts you started. Deal with it and move on, this place is way more fun then the place you came from, trust me.

7 To the old posters giving crap to thecyounger ones ( your posts and threads about the place going downhill do nothing to make this site any better) get over it. Just because you are tossing some self deprivating humor in there doesn't make your post any less inciting or lame.

This rant is directed at nobody any everybody in particular. Let's all move on and make this place the fin carefree joint we knowit can be

It seems like you want to fight. If you do. I hear Prag is an excellent bare knuckle boxer.

Also, I'm glad you admit there was snide and backhanded personal attacks directed at my persons. It was very offensive and I cried a little bit.

btw, since I am already getting comments about typos, I am thumbing all this from my phone while walking around Hershey park with the fam

About 50% of my posts come on my G1. That is no excuse. Don't be lazy.

Joebaby has a problem with snide remarks? Who knew! lol!

when I am a wise ass it is pretty obvious. Some people like to jam it in while shaking your hand, and on the other hand some people need to grow a set, stop crying, and rise above and stop crying about being bullied on the interwebz.

I also think my post was pretty even handed telling both sides how it is, but the pms light up with people taking personal offense. I guess people can interpret it however they want. (for the record I am replying to barbs post but at this point she was not pming me so that had nothing to do with her)

when I am a wise ass it is pretty obvious. Some people like to jam it in while shaking your hand, and on the other hand some people need to grow a set, stop crying, and rise above and stop crying about being bullied on the interwebz.

I also think my post was pretty even handed telling both sides how it is, but the pms light up with people taking personal offense. I guess people can interpret it however they want. (for the record I am replying to barbs post but at this point she was not pming me so that had nothing to do with her)

I believe "barb" would be a more accurate title for the poster in question.

:winking0001:

I don't know if you noticed, but Irish Jet and a good few others would agree with Arsis.

It's easy enough to skip the threads and you can tell which one is simply going to be a video thread. It doesn't take too much time, and it bothers no one. No one would use a video thread because you'd have to sort through the crap to find that one video from the specific poster you like.

I agree with W.E. completely. The volume here is large but I don't want to stifle things in such a way that every video is restricted to one thread.

You see what's coming, don't you? A "friendlier and kinder", if not wholly sanitized, version of JetNation.

Conspiracy theory take 431. And action...

You have obviously never met me if you just took the time to post that. No worries though eventually one of your conspiracy theories will be true. All we are doing is trying to clean things up...personal attacks, people breaking the rules, all that is being dealt with now because there is no place for it here.

I agree with W.E. completely. The volume here is large but I don't want to stifle things in such a way that every video is restricted to one thread.

see now.. if you had answered my suggestion one hundred and twenty seven pages ago.. instead of spending time with your family.. we could have avoided all this nastiness! ;)

the videos stay! woo hooo!

how about my snack machine? :lol:

You have obviously never met me if you just took the time to post that. No worries though eventually one of your conspiracy theories will be true. All we are doing is trying to clean things up...personal attacks, people breaking the rules, all that is being dealt with now because there is no place for it here.

Yeah...Max is the last guy you'd find to sanitize anything...

I believe Borgo was taking part in an intellectual exercise called the reductio ad absurdum argument. Not saying it is what you wanted but what would be the logical conclusion from what she was suggesting.

Actually, you're suggestion is not that far fetched. It's precisely what Max did when things became too restrictive on another board. Now, it has come full circle, and JetNation stands at a creative crossroads. Maybe, these Jet message boards should abandon off topic fora (sic for the non-Latin users out there), and concern themselves exclusively with football related topics.

We have talked about this like 20 times via PM. What you just posted is completely untrue. This has nothing to do with us limiting creativity. It is actually completely the opposite. People are lazy. They are calling each other names. Laughing at the pain people go through in death.

If anything we are weeding ourselves of those who aren't creative enough. Anyone who follows the few simple rules we have will never have a problem here.

Archived