Mafia - Red Scare Game Thread

Doggin94it

You got your answer CTM

I'm not sure if I can trust Doggin. I really am confused about what the **** EY is trying to pull here. Does he just want to kill Chan? It's messed up.

Anyways, I'm gonna' go with gut instinct more than anything else. At least EY being killed should lead to some ****ing answers.

Vote: EY

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I did not mod-silence EY. And that's all the answer you'll get.

Vote Count

No Lynch (1) - Smashnouth

Klecko (1) - CTM

CTM (1) - Klecko

Verbal (2) - Pac, Crusher

EY (1) - JiF

Smashmouth (1) - Slats

7 to lynch, deadline Wed. at 9pm

(On a side note - anyone interested in possibly subbing into a game of Princess Bride Mafia on another site? The mod of that game might have to kill or replace some people for inactivity)

Chan PM'd me that he's interested as long as he gets to be the princess. Yet, somehow, you already knew that.

I did not mod-silence EY. And that's all the answer you'll get.

Hmmm...

Maybe someone with a night role did, though?

I find it very hard to believe EY would duck out of a game like this. It's completely unlike him.

Smashmouth or maybe Verbal are still better choices for a lynch, IMHO. If EY continues his silence, I'd like to get him into the next day phase and see what he has to say about it. If he's still silent then, we can talk about lynching him. Hell, we can talk about lynching him if he's talking, too. I'd like to give him the chance to speak, and I'm really not sure he has that chance right now.

Hmmm...

I find it very hard to believe EY would duck out of a game like this. It's completely unlike him.

Smashmouth or maybe Verbal are still better choices for a lynch, IMHO. If EY continues his silence, I'd like to get him into the next day phase and see what he has to say about it. If he's still silent then, we can talk about lynching him. Hell, we can talk about lynching him if he's talking, too. I'd like to give him the chance to speak, and I'm really not sure he has that chance right now.

Wow those ginkgo biloba pills having been paying off for me. My brain is started to work like Slats. OK minus the part where I picture hot woman as plates of food. But in reference to this game.

Hmmm...

Maybe they can silence players but not kill them yet?

Hmmm...

That's a pretty good shout actually. Still find it a bit convenient that he gets silenced just after he hints at his role. JiF's arguement still stands up though. Why would Doggin assign one set of rules for JiF (Which were apparently pretty clear) and another set of rules for EY? Makes no sense.

Actually I did a very similar thing when I received mine. I was waiting for EY to get Mod Killed while he was oversharing his role. I just wonder how similar and dis-similar our roles are and what the scum version of them are. I always try to think of it in the way where "If the own gets this then the scum get....." To try to make the balance that most mods shoot for factor in. I know what Im capable of, I just wonder who else has a similar role and what my scum compliment can and cannot do. I alwasy let the number disadvantage they have cancel out the nightkill ability. This game is odd, because we aren't even sure of that.

Also, once gain we have the same 3-7 people participating and people not talking again. Where the hell is that friend of Doggins? He's mod these weird as games before, why isn;t he helping us trouble shoot this game. Unless he thinks are efforts are futile or it's not in his best interest to help?

Im am glad we got Kleck in the game, at least he post and picks on CTM every chance he gets. Worth the price of admission right their.

Wait a second... so you, JIF, and EY all have similar roles and are pro town? and these supposed roles result in taking out other players if you die? If thats the case it makes sense for the commies not to have NK capability and instead win by simply not getting lynched.

Problem is assuming the scum got the same "you're going to lose" crap that the town got, what makes it especially difficult for them to winin this scenario? I mean yeah they can't NK but just have to avoid being taken out by the lynched player (assuming it's town)... or maybe the commies are rougue and have the same kill condition after lynch in which case their blindly shooting hoping to avoid killing their commie teammate. Interesting.

That's a pretty good shout actually. Still find it a bit convenient that he gets silenced just after he hints at his role. JiF's arguement still stands up though. Why would Doggin assign one set of rules for JiF (Which were apparently pretty clear) and another set of rules for EY? Makes no sense.

I don't know. Maybe because EY didn't ask first? Maybe Doggin told him behind the scenes that he should mod-kill him, but he'll let this one go because he didn't get a chance to warn him first? I don't know, I'm guessing here.

I don't think EY would use silence as a strategy on his own. That's really not his style of play. He'd rather talk his way out.

You can continue to be suspicious of EY, I just don't think he's a good candidate for today's lynch.

Yes, also seems Doggin has 0 interest in clearing this up. So looks like the reqasonable choices are

1. No lynch again- safe, but why, also if their is a nightly conversion this sucks

2. lynch EY- maybe his role is real but real for scum, obviously others are in the game have similar abilities but that says nothing about alignment.

3. lynch CTM- he's a pain in the ass loud mouth and killing him is fun.

4. lynch an inactive- never seems to work but does get people talking, but really does nothing usually but kills and innocent

5. lynch Verbal- told us that he's modded some odd games, but doesn;t seem interested in trying and figuring this one out with us. Plus he's dissapeared and I think its unfair he gets an alt. I know its not an alt but nobody knows who he is so its like an alt.

6. lynch Klecko- He was kinda all over the place and defended JiF earlier but new guys are hard to read. Besides he's at least putting some stuff out their. but, watching him go down on a lynch and the amount of hostility he'll spew may over ride any reasonable decision.

Other than that I really can't think of much else to add. EY seems to be ok to me. Excpet for the silence thing but I think Doggin is doing that. His role is believable but doesn;t gurantee alignment.

CTM has gotten some attention but again, if we gotta lynch someone he's always fun to lynch. But Im not really getting a scummy vibe from him, just a dickhead vibe (within normal limits for CTM).

Verbal? Not sure what to think. He is obviously a very skilled player and thinks out his moves pretty well. Would like to get him in on the converation but might be an interesting one to put pressure on. So for the sake of getting something rolling

vote:verbal

i don't think we can be friends any longer

Ok, so now crusher also has a simliar role to Ey.

So how about this, who wasn't surprised that EY wasn't mod killed?

From my perspective we have atleast 3-4 players who i seemed to be suggesting they have the abiltiy EY described..

Then we have slats and jvor who have been much more measured in their comments, but I also believe the role EY alluded to was familiar to them as well..

That would make, on a conservative estimate, 1/2 the players being a 2 for 1 deal when killed..

In fact, the only players who truely seem clueless about this whole thing are Klecko and Pac - both of whom normally have their heads shoved so far up their own asses, that it's hard to tell if this means something other then they are both meatheads

From my perspective we have atleast 3-4 players who i seemed to be suggesting they have the abiltiy EY described..

Then we have slats and jvor who have been much more measured in their comments, but I also believe the role EY alluded to was familiar to them as well..

That would make, on a conservative estimate, 1/2 the players being a 2 for 1 deal when killed..

In fact, the only players who truely seem clueless about this whole thing are Klecko and Pac - both of whom normally have their heads shoved so far up their own asses, that it's hard to tell if this means something other then they are both meatheads

Boy, you are so completely lost in this game it's not even funny.

I'd say more then half.

I myself was surprised EY wasn't killed.

I'd say more then half.

Ok..

So alot of game members are able to "take out" someone else when dieing.

In terms of flavor, this could be akin to any good witch hunt in which you give up a name to get yourself off the hook, which only propels the witch hunt further..

Maybe the win condition is to refuse to give up a name if lynched as a suspected commie? That is to no kill with your power.

THoughts?

Ok..

In terms of flavor, this could be akin to any good witch hunt in which you give up a name to get yourself off the hook, which only propels the witch hunt further..

Maybe the win condition is to refuse to give up a name if lynched as a suspected commie? That is to no kill with your power.

THoughts?

You assume that but you don't know.

You know too much for my liking.

To add to your knowledge, I also have a role which I'm not allowed to reveal.

EY has been lurking for 3 days if he was going to post he would have already done it by now.

People may have similar roles but Doggin probably allowed EY to talk about his but with a circumstance. Which means Doggin didnt have to do anything, EY Chose to do it.

Thats why Doggin claimed he did not silence EY and said he had no problem misdirecting you a little or alot.

Im still not sure if there are commies in this game.

Why? It's a lot more fun to watch you grasp at straws.

I may be new to this game but I can tell you probably get voted out early a lot.

Are you holding something back. Your most recent posts have been concerning, implying you know more then the rest of us.

Ok..

THoughts?

I think at this point if this power is out there and being considered as a real threat then it's safe to say we perhaps play forward with the game and if the person who is lynched has the power, they do not use it. At this point there could be only one Mafia member, yes the "odds" are stacked against them but from day to night he could get 3 kills with a set-up, revenge kill and NK.

If all are in favor of proceeding playing as "normal" but agree to keep it in their pants I think that's the best course of action.

I'd say more then half.

A little late to the party, but okay. Don't know if I'm interested in accepting any new members.

information not submarine sandwhich.....

ok to share

Truth.

Klecko, if you're a townie, and you have info you can share, you should share it. If you're the cop or the doc, maybe you should keep that to yourself for the time being, but anything else you should spill.

Ok..

THoughts?

Probably not.

Archived