Mafia - Red Scare Game Thread

Doggin94it

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have alot of stuff going on personally. My fuse was/is insanely short. This is pitiful. I apologize.

I <3 you man..

youd has us all at "personal stuff going on"

Unfortunately you lost Klecko and pac when you started taling about having an insanely short fuse.. I think they interpreted that differently then i did however....

Freaken size queens, the two of them!!

I appreciate the kind words but this is about the game. Clearly I've brought attention to myself with my unstable behavior but ultimately this should have no effect on the game. Normally I have better control of myself. I apologize for my behavior and calli g people unnecessary names.

Let's get back on the game. Sorry.

I appreciate the kind words but this is about the game. Clearly I've brought attention to myself with my unstable behavior but ultimately this should have no effect on the game. Normally I have better control of myself. I apologize for my behavior and calli g people unnecessary names.

Let's get back on the game. Sorry.

If it makes you feel better there was one point last game where I was ready to fly to Oregon and kick you in the nuts. I can't remember the post but it was good.

Oh unvote

Vote Vic

I hear ya, but EY was lying. Im a certain of it. And I know this is scummy to say, but if we let him get back in the game silenced or not, he is going to talk his way out and we are all in the hands of EY. Killing him now is the most telling move in the game for numerous reason...

1) what the **** kind of stunt he has pulled and why

2) his alignment

3) was he lying about his power

4) CTM and why specifically CTM

5) why he did a complete 180 on the no lynch theory

How much of that do you really we're going to find out.

I'm pretty sure he has been silenced, for whatever reason and so if we do indeed put votes on him I doubt you'll hear from him at all. The only thing we'll find out is his alignment and whether or not he had that power.

Doggin said:

Oh, and I should mention, death scenes will tell you alignment only, not role. Sorry, but I did tell you there was no hope of winning, didn't I?

So if he does indeed flip scum that's great but if he's innocent he's going to take out someone with him. Probably CTM. Which I can't deny is tempting.

Sure. Great. Just get 4 more and I'll be sure to cast the kill on myself. I'll report back then.

Vic what does this post imply, or more specificly what does the bold type imply ? I would like to hear it from you. Was it a subtle hint or just worded wrong. Because casting the kill on yourself without revealing makes no sense for the town. From what I remember of Doggins games he does not allow people to speak or give out info after getting killed. That being known, what do you hope to accomplish here? So if your some type of investigator (which you seem to claim, but I highly doubt) getting so close to death you would have already given results of last nights investigation.

JiF If this game does have commies I think EY was clearly trying to scare people into not voting for him and protect CTM in the process by choosing him as his target. If you want to find out about EY, in a relatively safe way, vote for CTM. If he comes up scum you know for sure EY is scum as well.

How much of that do you really we're going to find out.

I'm pretty sure he has been silenced, for whatever reason and so if we do indeed put votes on him I doubt you'll hear from him at all. The only thing we'll find out is his alignment and whether or not he had that power.

Doggin said:

So if he does indeed flip scum that's great but if he's innocent he's going to take out someone with him. Probably CTM. Which I can't deny is tempting.

We wouldnt find out prefectly, but I think we should be able to put the pieces together. We most likely wont find out why he did the 180 without him speaking again.

JiF If this game does have commies I think EY was clearly trying to scare people into not voting for him and protect CTM in the process by choosing him as his target. If you want to find out about EY, in a relatively safe way, vote for CTM. If he comes up scum you know for sure EY is scum as well.

I've thought of this as well. Personally, I like that idea better then Vic just because I'm convinced EY was lying. Sorry CTM, but you are victim of circumstance in that scenario.

Whats becoming obvious to me is everyone is terrified of voting for someone to be lynched. There is plenty of scummy evidence on a few people, yet the votes are completely scattered. Why dont you guys just vote to no lynch one more time ? Ive never seen this crew so afraid of jumping on the bandwagon of what is essentially the first vote which is usually a crap shoot anyhow.

I suggested a quick no lynch after the first night and people balked but if you think about it that would have given an investigator (if there is one) another night to do his work and if another NK was averted it would have raised the percentage that there are no commies at all.

Some of you mentioned when there was no end to the game after the first 'No Lynch" that it had to be another scenario (CTM specificly). Do you really think Doggin would have made it that easy ? Do you think knowing the roles in this game he would have not thought of that ?

While it is very possible there is no investigator I think one more No Lynch is the safe bet here. Anyone opposed to that is not thinking this out . Maybe Im dead wrong but what the hell, the way the voting is going and everyone being so split why not one more ?

I say we do one more No Lynch. If no one dies at night, if there is an investigator he reveals himself and his findings. At that point I would think theres a good chance there are no commies and 3 people would be eliminated from suspicion. I do not think Doggin would allow Commies to fake a role ( in this particular game) so if there is an investigator we will then have some good evidence on whats going on. if we have no investiagtor step up and no NK its makes the No Commie/ McCarthyism even more of a viable solution. Also if there is an Investigator we might just have to No Lynch until he gets all his investigations in before Doggin will declare victory for us all.

I've thought of this as well. Personally, I like that idea better then Vic just because I'm convinced EY was lying. Sorry CTM, but you are victim of circumstance in that scenario.

So lynching me cause EY is lying sounds like good idea to you? ok.

And when I'm innocent, what does that tell you about EY? Nothing.

Whats becoming obvious to me is everyone is terrified of voting for someone to be lynched. There is plenty of scummy evidence on a few people, yet the votes are completely scattered. Why dont you guys just vote to no lynch one more time ? Ive never seen this crew so afraid of jumping on the bandwagon of what is essentially the first vote which is usually a crap shoot anyhow.

I suggested a quick no lynch after the first night and people balked but if you think about it that would have given an investigator (if there is one) another night to do his work and if another NK was averted it would have raised the percentage that there are no commies at all.

Some of you mentioned when there was no end to the game after the first 'No Lynch" that it had to be another scenario (CTM specificly). Do you really think Doggin would have made it that easy ? Do you think knowing the roles in this game he would have not thought of that ?

While it is very possible there is no investigator I think one more No Lynch is the safe bet here. Anyone opposed to that is not thinking this out . Maybe Im dead wrong but what the hell, the way the voting is going and everyone being so split why not one more ?

I say we do one more No Lynch. If no one dies at night, if there is an investigator he reveals himself and his findings. At that point I would think theres a good chance there are no commies and 3 people would be eliminated from suspicion. I do not think Doggin would allow Commies to fake a role ( in this particular game) so if there is an investigator we will then have some good evidence on whats going on. if we have no investiagtor step up and no NK its makes the No Commie/ McCarthyism even more of a viable solution. Also if there is an Investigator we might just have to No Lynch until he gets all his investigations in before Doggin will declare victory for us all.

I really don't like this conservative approach at all.

I think it's very possible that no one gets NK'd in this game, but something else happens instead. Now what that that is or what it accomplishes I don't know but my guess is that's what happened EY.

Basically what I'm saying is that I don't think a No Lynch accomplishes anything because even if the scum aren't able to kill at night they're probably able to do something and if we keep going down that road we're not going to get any answers.

I'm pretty confused about everything that's going in this game and even though we probably have to "think outside the box" to win I doubt we can continue playing CPM (Chad Pennington Mafia).

Again, I just dont know what that is going to tell us. I'm starting to think there isnt an investigator because if there was, he would have been on board with this logic from the start. IMO, we are going to be right back where we started, which isnt a terrible thing, it just does nothing to move the game along and it gives us no information.

I think we made a mistake going with the no lynch. Now we are doing circles. We need to lynch, we have to find something out and taking the chance that happens tonight without lynching, IMO, is pointless.

This post is odd because you are calling us out for not voting claiming we are scared but you are pushing a no lynch....again.

Again, I just dont know what that is going to tell us. I'm starting to think there isnt an investigator because if there was, he would have been on board with this logic from the start. IMO, we are going to be right back where we started, which isnt a terrible thing, it just does nothing to move the game along and it gives us no information.

I think we made a mistake going with the no lynch. Now we are doing circles. We need to lynch, we have to find something out and taking the chance that happens tonight without lynching, IMO, is pointless.

This post is odd because you are calling us out for not voting claiming we are scared but you are pushing a no lynch....again.

An Investigator would have been on board wit the logic but your assuming he would have made it obvious.

look if you guys dont want to go No Lynch you have 2 choices IMO EY or CTM. CTM is obviously the safer bet . These 2 are connected in some way or EY would not have bolded the word YOU in his threat. Maybe EY was sending the town a message and knew specificly CTM was scum. Can any of you think of a better lynch where we currently stand ? If we must lynch that is.

Yes, but why specifically you? Why nobody else...he made it point twice to say you!

Cause I was the one pushing the hardest on lynching him and against him on No Lynch..

It's like any thing else, if Vic gets lynched and has the same power that EY described he's already threatened slats, cause slats is his main opponent.

I really don't understand how you could perceive it any other way. You act like he just randomly picked me out and I wasn't even involved.

look if you guys dont want to go No Lynch you have 2 choices IMO EY or CTM. CTM is obviously the safer bet . These 2 are connected in some way or EY would not have bolded the word YOU in his threat. Maybe EY was sending the town a message and knew specificly CTM was scum. Can any of you think of a better lynch where we currently stand ? If we must lynch that is.

I'd love to spend an hour in your brain..

Yes, so Ey, who JIF insists is lying, was really an innocent liar, who was cryptically trying to send the town a message about my alignment by boldign YOU in his threat to me..

An Investigator would have been on board wit the logic but your assuming he would have made it obvious.

Its pretty simple to agree with your logic without outing yourself as the investigator.

Cause I was the one pushing the hardest on lynching him and against him on No Lynch..

It's like any thing else, if Vic gets lynched and has the same power that EY described he's already threatened slats, cause slats is his main opponent.

I really don't understand how you could perceive it any other way. You act like he just randomly picked me out and I wasn't even involved.

So it was purely a vengeance thing? F CTM for trying to get me lynched. Thats what you are saying?

Boopsie. This my thought. The only thing to gain from another no lynch is it would give EY a chance to talk in the day phase. This is only provided he was silenced by the mafia and not doing this as a convaluted EY strategy. It would also only work if they didn't silence him again. This premise is based on the fact we do have commies and they have the ability to silence instead of kill at this point. A stretch to say the least. But maybe, and I just say maybe, thats the point of the game. The commies don;t kill they just silence and hope we vote the player off? Or they keep eliminating players by silencing them and eventually when the majority of players are silenced they win. The communist weren;t necessary violent but sneaky and infiltrating. The cold war was about espionage and postioning not killing.

As far as lynching EY, I really don;t think this helps. Like I said earlier he seems to have a role very similar to other players. Now he may be the communist version of what I think but Im not sure.

Sadly, and I do say this with a heavy heart. The best case I see is the one Slats has on Vic. I don;t like it and hate to see my little Chilean Sea Bass get upset, but it is closer to an actual case. I voted for Verbal because I wanted him back in the game and helping us out. He may help us get a grip on this type of game if his alignment is suitable to the town.

My fear of lynching anyone is the fact that Deathstart Doggin said "You CAN win this game but you WON"T" I can't help but believe its winnable but not by what we are use to doing. Just seems we are in control of our destiny and may be our own enemies (paranoia) in this game.

Now all this typing has made me hungry. Time for 2nd breakfast.

No. I don;t think so. I think EY was just warning CTM that if he lead the lynch against him he would kill him. May sound silly but I understand this logic. Put together EY's suggested power and the point CTM is so annoying and it makes sense.

Matter of fact Im working on a prototype for a mafia game getting ready to ask Doggin to help me where the whole point of the game is killing CTM over and over again. It will be played among several different baords in 11 different countires and on the moon. It will rock. Maybe.

Guys- at this point I think a lynch with me, although I'm an innocent might help for us to get an idea as to what little tricks this game may contain.

This was my stance from day 1. I chose to back off on getting a lynch going on day 1 because EY keyed me into something with his cryptic posts that made me think this game was designed for the town to beat itself, not for the mafia to win it.

We're spinning in circles here, you guys seem to think slats has a good case so vote me. I'm sure my death will eventually help set this game in a specific direction because as of right now we're in the same spot as day 1, just more confused.

No. I don;t think so. I think EY was just warning CTM that if he lead the lynch against him he would kill him. May sound silly but I understand this logic. Put together EY's suggested power and the point CTM is so annoying and it makes sense.

Matter of fact Im working on a prototype for a mafia game getting ready to ask Doggin to help me where the whole point of the game is killing CTM over and over again. It will be played among several different baords in 11 different countires and on the moon. It will rock. Maybe.

Great idea. I'm in.

Unvote EY - its obviously not going to happen

Vote Slats

Lets see what happens here. I was reading Vic's posts differently then him and Irish and I'm interested to see if it were spin or legit.

Alright, I'm back. Selling my house..blah blah...no internet...blah blah. I won't be absent again.

I've caught up on the 8 million pages since I left. To address concerns of not knowing me or being an alt or whatever.

My RL name is Steve. I work for a large pharmacy retailer. I like the color red. I like long walks on the beach. I like to read. A lot. I don't like baseball. I like football, but I'm a Dolphins fan.....sorry guys. I'm a dork. Anything else you'd like to know? ;)

Ok, now to the game. I've toyed with a Bastard Mod game where there were no mafia. If I were to create a Bastard game within the Red Scare timeline, I would make it so that we all were innocents. This begs the question (which has been asked already) "Then how the hell do we win if No Lynch doesn't work?"

My answer is that I think one of the following scenarios exists:

1. No mafia and we are all town, but win 1 of 2 ways:

a. eliminate the folks like what EY and others have claimed

b. we are all town but win alone

2. There is a mafia, but like Smashmouth suggested, without a NK.

I truly think that there is no mafia in this game. I'll think on it more to try any figure out win conditions for the town in that scenario. We all could be the same, or we could have multiple town-aligned roles (like the silencer - I'm not claiming that btw), but with different restrictions placed on us. That still leaves the win condition for the town unanswered. I don't have that answer, but I'm thinking. Any ideas?

Great idea. I'm in.

Unvote EY - its obviously not going to happen

Vote Slats

Lets see what happens here. I was reading Vic's posts differently then him and Irish and I'm interested to see if it were spin or legit.

Maybe you could fill me on on what you're reading differently? Perhaps I can help. I think you should go back and read my posts, specifically from where I changed my vote to the no lynch on day one in response to you. I think you'll see consistency that you recognize. I haven't spun a thing.

Vic is either lying, or he misread his own PM, or made some other mistake, but the inconsistencies are there.

My second choice is still Smashmouth. I don't see how his no lynch approach does anything that's pro-town. The only thing that we can see that happened overnight is that EY was somehow silenced. Something (conversion?) could be happening overnight that we don't see. I'm starting to think we don't even have an investigator. Whether we lynch today or not, we can try to prod him into revealing himself and his investigations tomorrow.

Alright, I'm back. Selling my house..blah blah...no internet...blah blah. I won't be absent again.

I've caught up on the 8 million pages since I left. To address concerns of not knowing me or being an alt or whatever.

My RL name is Steve. I work for a large pharmacy retailer. I like the color red. I like long walks on the beach. I like to read. A lot. I don't like baseball. I like football, but I'm a Dolphins fan.....sorry guys. I'm a dork. Anything else you'd like to know? ;)

Ok, now to the game. I've toyed with a Bastard Mod game where there were no mafia. If I were to create a Bastard game within the Red Scare timeline, I would make it so that we all were innocents. This begs the question (which has been asked already) "Then how the hell do we win if No Lynch doesn't work?"

My answer is that I think one of the following scenarios exists:

1. No mafia and we are all town, but win 1 of 2 ways:

a. eliminate the folks like what EY and others have claimed

b. we are all town but win alone

2. There is a mafia, but like Smashmouth suggested, without a NK.

I truly think that there is no mafia in this game. I'll think on it more to try any figure out win conditions for the town in that scenario. We all could be the same, or we could have multiple town-aligned roles (like the silencer - I'm not claiming that btw), but with different restrictions placed on us. That still leaves the win condition for the town unanswered. I don't have that answer, but I'm thinking. Any ideas?

So like a last man standing situation? I could see that being a possibility. Especially considering the abilities that some have hinted at having. For me the thing I have thought is possibly having one mafia who has a roleblocker ability.

That's why I'm open to being lynched at this point- I think in me being lynched it'll provide some sort of direction as to where we should go next as it might help with the flavor of the game. Right now we're not entirely sure.

How about refuse to vote at all? Not much different then a nolynch, but if a day started and nobody placed a single vote, maybe that could trigger it

Or maybe a unanimous no lynch?, i.e. everyone voting the same way, for no lynch

My thinking here is that, as long as there's people willing to accuse someone of being a commie, the red scare still exists..

I'm not buying CTM as scum at this point. I don't think there's a genuine connection between him and EY. Lynching CTM tells us nothing about EY, IMHO. Only EY can tell us about EY. He had more of a meltdown than usual for him, and had it early. I'd like to hear back from him, and have him tell us whatever the mod lets him tell us.

JiF, if EY was lying about his role (and I understand your case vis-a-vis the lack of mod-kill), where did he get the idea for the role from? He was the first one to mention it, starting a cascade of understanding (it seemed to me) amongst a large group of townies.

I'll say this about CTM; I think he's a safe lynch in that he doesn't seem to have a role that kills others upon being lynched. But I could say the same thing about Vic and Smash, and see better reasons for lynching one of them.

Archived