Jet's aquire O'Connell from Lions

NYJ553

what this means IMO anyway, is that Kellen Clemens will NOT be traded to Denver, but that he will end up on injured reserve b/c his elbow is a lot worse than they thought. I smell surgery...

Could be I guess. They did try to claim the Pats released QB a few weeks ago.

What a break for Ainge..............Hope it's a break for the Jets also

what this means IMO anyway, is that Kellen Clemens will NOT be traded to Denver, but that he will end up on injured reserve b/c his elbow is a lot worse than they thought. I smell surgery...

Yeah, I'm thinking the injury issue is the key here.

We'll see.

you mean this pre-season! yes Ainge is pretty good in a system he's been in for 2 yrs and against other teams 3rd string! And I wouldn't say O'Connell got "beat out" by anybody, simply the Pats have someone in mind (AJ Feeley?)

Thanks for clarifying...so they cut O'Connell but somehow he is still higher profile than a rookie Free Agent (Hoyer) and guy cut by the Eagles (Feely). And you still think it is because O'Connell is better than Ainge? Step away from the pipe, please.

Can someone please explain the point of this to me when they can just sign their own FA and pick his brain? I know it'll only be a conditional 7th rounder or something but why even bother? This seems kinda stupid.

I guess its ok if they trade Clemens or O'Connell or something but still don't really see the point in trading a pick for O'Connell. Maybe Clemens injury is worse than we know? They better not just cut Clemens though cause they could at least get a low draft pick for him.

Can someone please explain the point of this to me when they can just sign their own FA and pick his brain? I know it'll only be a conditional 7th rounder or something but why even bother? This seems kinda stupid.

I guess its ok if they trade Clemens or O'Connell or something but still don't really see the point in trading a pick for O'Connell. Maybe Clemens injury is worse than we know? They better not just cut Clemens though cause they could at least get a low draft pick for him.

It is stupid. But the Jets didn't trade for O'Connell to get the Pats playbook. Such notion is just silly.

If the Jets wanted to do that they would have just signed Walters who was released.

The Jets either like O'Connell as a prospect or traded for him for someone else.

The Jet Stream

by Rich Cimini

September 6, 2009 4:22 PM By Rich Cimini

More on Clemens ...

Obviously, there's a lot of speculation regarding the future of Kellen Clemens. The Jets have not commented as of yet, nor have they confirmed the Kevin O'Connell trade, but it is my understanding that they will carry four quarterbacks.

In other words, Clemens is safe, although that elbow injury bears watching.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/#ixzz0QMQnyl1A

The Jet Stream

by Rich Cimini

September 6, 2009 4:22 PM By Rich Cimini

More on Clemens ...

Obviously, there's a lot of speculation regarding the future of Kellen Clemens. The Jets have not commented as of yet, nor have they confirmed the Kevin O'Connell trade, but it is my understanding that they will carry four quarterbacks.

In other words, Clemens is safe, although that elbow injury bears watching.

This is ****ing stupid.

I have to agree. A trade would be exciting, but at the very least it should be because they need to move Kellen to the PUP list.

Add me to the list.

Keeping 4 QBs is idiotic. Clemens needs to go on PUP list or IR at the very least.

I have to agree. A trade would be exciting, but at the very least it should be because they need to move Kellen to the PUP list.

I just dont understand the reasoning behind this move Slats. It makes zero sense to me to carry 4 QBs, one of which is flat out awful. It's not like we got him off waivers, we actually traded for him. Conditional 7 rd pick or not, it's still dumb.

P.S. When did Kellen injure himself? What injury does he have?

NY Jets QB Kellen Clemens is staying put

by Dave Hutchinson/The Star-Ledger Sunday September 06, 2009, 4:45 PM

Just spoke to my guy with the Jets and quarterback Kellen Clemens "isn't going anywhere.'' The move to trade for Kevin O'Connell for what is believed to be a conditional draft pick remains a mystery.

The Jets liked O'Connell last year coming out of college and he apparently remained on their radar. One thought is that the Jets know that Clemens won't be back next season -- he's in the final year of his contract -- and they want to have three quarterbacks for next season. Don't be surprised if QB Erik Ainge or O'Connell comes up with a phantom injury and lands on injured reserve.

Link

I just dont understand the reasoning behind this move Slats. It makes zero sense to me to carry 4 QBs, one of which is flat out awful. It's not like we got him off waivers, we actually traded for him. Conditional 7 rd pick or not, it's still dumb.

P.S. When did Kellen injure himself? What injury does he have?

He has some elbow injury that helped to limit his work in the final preseason game.

The Jets have carried four QB's before. I'm pretty sure they had Penny, Kellen, Ratliff, and Ainge all on the 53 man roster. I don't like it, but the precedent is there. I'm hoping they're not done. Not much sense to having four inexperienced QB's on the roster that I can see. I'd've preferred them to pick up Jeff Garcia.

from your fingertips to gods ears

please let this have nothing to do with crybaby

Archived