Dwayne Bowe... Should Jets pursue him?

Kleckineau

1st and a 3rd feels expensive but he has pro playing time under his belt and favourable contract.

I am new to this, if we trade for him do we get him on his existing contract or do we have to negotiate a new contract.

Also will the draft class be better next year. I thought I read somewhere that more underclassmen will declare due to the CBA problems and a possible uncapped year.

Having said that draft is still a crap shoot so maybe 1st and 3rd is ok.

If KC were like the Browns could we not just offer them a couple of players

IF he gets traded his contract gets reworked... so throw that out the window. The thing is that at best you HOPE that your first round WR turns into Bowe (especially later in round 1 where we hope the Jets will be picking).

WRs often take some time to adjust to the NFL game... he is already a star. He is only 25, is a great route runner, has great hands and great athleticism. While he is not a burner his ability to get open, catch what is thrown to him and leap out of the building MORE than makes up for it.

You trade for Bowe wearing a mask and carrying a gun... because he is a steal if you can get him for a 1st +.

I dont know much about Bowe but I do know this, he must be good if he made JaMarcus Russell look so good in College that Russell went #1 in the draft that following year because this dude is trash.

and lastly, I havent heard anything bad about this guy since he entered the league, cant say that about his former QB out in Raider land though. If we can get him, It wouldnt hurt, he'll be interchangable atleast.

And for the record, and Blackout is going to love me for this, Cotchery is doing great as a #1. I cant front, i was a skeptic. I wont say I didnt believe, but I had my doubts. Bringing in Bowe will only mean that we dont need Brad smith in for 3 WR packages. Cuz 9 times out of ten you know he's only in the game to block. Its a give away.

Maybe i'm in the minority but I'd like to keep our picks and give Stuckey a full season's chance. He didn't drag his feet last week on a tough TD catch and had another chance on one where he lost his feet but other than that he has looked solid.

I like our receiving corps, improve it through the draft if you want but what if we have a chance at drafting a Richard Seymore type player in 2010? If Stuckey turns in a good 09, i want to at least see it unfold before i start dolling out picks like it's candy.

Maybe i'm in the minority but I'd like to keep our picks and give Stuckey a full season's chance. He didn't drag his feet last week on a tough TD catch and had another chance on one where he lost his feet but other than that he has looked solid.

I like our receiving corps, improve it through the draft if you want but what if we have a chance at drafting a Richard Seymore type player in 2010? If Stuckey turns in a good 09, i want to at least see it unfold before i start dolling out picks like it's candy.

Not about you being in the minority, you have a great point. Problem is this, what if Cotch or Stuck gets hurt? We are in immediate trouble. Thats just the facts.

What if Brick and Faneca get hurt? If any team loses two players at the same (or similar) position (see the Jags last year at Offensive Guard), they're going to be in deep ****. It's just the nature of the game.

I really like what i've seen from Stuckey, i liked it when we drafted him and i like him still. As it is, Keller, Stuckey and Cotch see a lot of touchs. If we add a guy like Bowe (who i think is very solid), their touches decrease and I'm not sure that that is a good thing.

What if Brick and Faneca get hurt? If any team loses two players at the same (or similar) position (see the Jags last year at Offensive Guard), they're going to be in deep ****. It's just the nature of the game.

I really like what i've seen from Stuckey, i liked it when we drafted him and i like him still. As it is, Keller, Stuckey and Cotch see a lot of touchs. If we add a guy like Bowe (who i think is very solid), their touches decrease and I'm not sure that that is a good thing.

I didnt say what if Stuck AND Cotch get hurt, I said "or". If either one of those guys goes down now not only will we have a suspect #2, but we dont even have a respectable #3 and if Cotch goes down we're twisted on every WR level. That wont happen with the O-line because we have one of the best in the league. If Faneca goes down we have four other credible linemen and Woody is interchangable, as well as Slauson (think about it from that angle)

As I said, Im not disagreeing with you, I think you had a good point. The point Im trying to make is why not get a young receiver that had proven himself with NO HELP in KC for a Rookie draft pick that may or may not make the transition.

I wouldnt even say for Bowe to come in and just take Stuckey or Cotch's job. But the availability of having another credible WR surely wouldnt hurt. Stuckey is a hard worker and a very good football player. Just saying....but if we had to put him back in the slot position and Bowe at #2 then I dont see where we went wrong, especially if we can interchange...even with Cotchery. This is what Rex talks about, the ability to have talent that you can interchange. That wins you ball games, not draft picks.

I love what I seen from stuckey too, but its not what we love, its about improving areas on this team.

What would it take to get him?

If Greene can replace Jones, can he be got for him staright up?

good question, dont think KC would trade straight up for him though. Jones is on the wrong side of thirty. They want a future player for Bowe, that means draft picks that I would be willing to give, as long as its not a 1st rounder.

good question, dont think KC would trade straight up for him though. Jones is on the wrong side of thirty. They want a future player for Bowe, that means draft picks that I would be willing to give, as long as its not a 1st rounder.

Bowe puts up 10 Touchdowns a year with Tyler ****ing Thigpen as his QB.

I can picture Tanny trading up (again) for a top WR. I rather go after Bowe who is proven.
I would rather that too, but we really have to start using picks for depth IMO.

I know we need a reciever but aftter that, we need to stop trading picks, and it would be nice to get one without having to trade them to begin with.

I would rather that too, but we really have to start using picks for depth IMO.

I know we need a reciever but aftter that, we need to stop trading picks, and it would be nice to get one without having to trade them to begin with.

I agree. We lack depth and will be screwed at certain positions if injuries hit us.

Bowe puts up 10 Touchdowns a year with Tyler ****ing Thigpen as his QB.

Ay now, Thigpen is in a bad position out there. I think Thigpen if put on a better team is quality.

But I get what you're saying though about Bowe. Like I said, we should pick him up if we can. I would prefer that we kept our 1st rounder, but if we cant it would be a situation that we would atleast know what we're getting.

How about Clowney, our first, and the following years third because I am buying what both of you are saying. I like the rest of us want the depth and talent I know we can achieve through the draft. If we lose a pick from Lito think about it this way we would have nothing until the end of day two and that could eventually catch up to us because hey if we're not improving through the draft we have to continue turning to free agency and that makes us the freakin redskins. That would mean that other than free agent signing which is a crapshoot, we would have to hope none of the many starters we need suffered any lagging injuries. Clowney is young and shows flashes of talent, maybe that could tide them over for a year and we can still draft day one this year and next. We have some depth, but we have isn't enough.

I heard an ESPN analyst say Jets fans are psychotic right now and we are. I want it all. I want to trade for Bowe. Draft a pass rusher, either an OLB or a DE and use the late rounds to shore up some positions and creat some competition come training camp next year. We've turned our drafting around since the days in which Mel Kiper mocked us.

None of us doubt how much impact Bowe could make. They say that a man's sexual prime is his twenties and a woman her thirties. Similarly, our quaterback is ready to go and a third year receiver just hitting his stride might be just what we need. They can hit their primes together as we watch our team improve every year.

How about Clowney, our first, and the following years third because I am buying what both of you are saying. I like the rest of us want the depth and talent I know we can achieve through the draft. If we lose a pick from Lito think about it this way we would have nothing until the end of day two and that could eventually catch up to us because hey if we're not improving through the draft we have to continue turning to free agency and that makes us the freakin redskins. That would mean that other than free agent signing which is a crapshoot, we would have to hope none of the many starters we need suffered any lagging injuries. Clowney is young and shows flashes of talent, maybe that could tide them over for a year and we can still draft day one this year and next. We have some depth, but we have isn't enough.

I heard an ESPN analyst say Jets fans are psychotic right now and we are. I want it all. I want to trade for Bowe. Draft a pass rusher, either an OLB or a DE and use the late rounds to shore up some positions and creat some competition come training camp next year. We've turned our drafting around since the days in which Mel Kiper mocked us.

None of us doubt how much impact Bowe could make. They say that a man's sexual prime is his twenties and a woman her thirties. Similarly, our quaterback is ready to go and a third year receiver just hitting his stride might be just what we need. They can hit their primes together as we watch our team improve every year.

I see your point of view here and I could agree with that based on the fact that we do have other areas to deal with too. The Jets are not in a desperate position for a WR. They do need the depth though. Like I said, if we can hold on to our 1st round pick and get this guy I say that we should because now we can take care of both the WR position and we can get a young DE in here. Also, with the way Rex runs his defense you gotta admit, there will be ALOT of defensive players willing to come and play for him because he's genuine and you know that if you play for him you're going to win. I dont think going to the Free Agency route is very bad, you only become the redskins when you go to free agency and get all this talent but dont put the right coaching together to get things done, lets be honest on that.

The redskins could have tried to get Rex Ryan, though I think he really wanted to be a jet. The Skins could have gotten Sanchez but didnt put things together for Cleveland to get him. Instead, they sign Haynesworth to 100 million. Im sorry but that position and amount of money has not done what Rex defense has done in the last two weeks. Its not just the talent, but the coaching.

I would do it for a 1st without much hesitation. We need to draft a receiver anyway and its doubtful he'd be as good as Bowe is now. It'd probably be better to do something like this in the offseason where he'd have time to learn the playbook, but if the best chance to pull it off is now they should jump all over it.

gotta agree with Matty D on this one. Jets fans are always so quick to trade away our draft picks, haven't we learned any lessons from that yet? Look at the Miami Dolphins for most of this decade-the Redskins?

just like thomas jones was on the trading block, right ?

all I saw was a quote from a reporter about what he believes to be true, no where did he even say he had one of those lame "scource with knowledge of the teams thinking" deals

pure speculation

pure BS

if it were true, I'd easily give up a 1+ for Bowe. He's young and proven with no cry baby or injury issues and he's the total package

one thing you'd have to look at is if his deal comes due when revis' does or if he would put the team in a bad spot cap wise somehow

just like thomas jones was on the trading block, right ?

all I saw was a quote from a reporter about what he believes to be true, no where did he even say he had one of those lame "scource with knowledge of the teams thinking" deals

pure speculation

pure BS

if it were true, I'd easily give up a 1+ for Bowe. He's young and proven with no cry baby or injury issues and he's the total package

one thing you'd have to look at is if his deal comes due when revis' does or if he would put the team in a bad spot cap wise somehow

As much as I hate giving up draft choices I'd easily give up the #1 for Bowe if KC were stupid enough to trade him. He's better than some unproven rookie you'd get in the draft.

There is no doubt that we have the coaching in place or that Rex is a guy great defensive players will want to play for. Hell I want to play for him and I'm 5'11 buck eighty. But signing proven talent has two drawbacks, they players are older and they want more money. I suggest we offer next years third and clowney because I know that customarily a third this year is worth a second next year and I don't want to trade our way out of day one for two straight years when we could otherwise get two young talented players for a song. late first and second round picks don't get too much, and Rex has a unique defensive scheme, and I would rather see young players growing up under him and this system then necessarily plug holes with aging players without a hell of a lot of upside. I can't imagine with Lito out today that he we will allow him to get the incentives to merit a second round pick but a third seems more likely. Without a third and first we need that second. I want one of the top hundred picks. On another note I am hoping that we get to see some flash and production from Greene as the season progresses because I think we could trade TJones in the offseason for a third round pick. We should trade Clowney anyway. He's not doing anything for us and with an acquisition naturally comes a release. Maybe we can convince Kansas of his talent.

Archived