Brady is a system QB

serphnx

So you're saying that Matt Cassel can go 11-5 his first year starting in the NFL after not starting since high school and it having nothing to do with the system?

From top to bottom, the AFC east had an incredibly easy schedule last year. THe year prior a completely healthy Brady lead basically the same team to a 16-0 record against a much more difficult schedule

I don't think it's the system.

I also don't think it's "Brady is not right" because that assumes that he will get "right."

Brady suffered a terrible injury, one that is usually career altering. Guess what? Brady is playing like it. Chances are that this is Brady as is. In other words, this is who the Pats have from here on out.

That's why I thought it was idiotic for people in the media like Peter King to predict the Pats would win the SB when their biggest question mark was the health of their most important player.

Brady has a bad knee and he'll have a bad knee till he retires. It's like Mariano late in his career with the bad Achilles. They'll remind us of their greatness now and then, but they won't be consistently great ever again.

People who thought Brady was going to come back and be his old self were utter fools.

I don't think it's the system.

I also don't think it's "Brady is not right" because that assumes that he will get "right."

Brady suffered a terrible injury, one that is usually career altering. Guess what? Brady is playing like it. Chances are that this is Brady as is. In other words, this is who the Pats have from here on out.

That's why I thought it was idiotic for people in the media like Peter King to predict the Pats would win the SB when their biggest question mark was the health of their most important player.

Brady has a bad knee and he'll have a bad knee till he retires. It's like Mariano late in his career with the bad Achilles. They'll remind us of their greatness now and then, but they won't be consistently great ever again.

People who thought Brady was going to come back and be his old self were utter fools.

Drafting Brady @18 in my fantasy draft might have been a bad idea :D

Drafting Brady @18 in my fantasy draft might have been a bad idea :D

LOL

Brady tore 2 ligaments in his knee at the age of 31. It's a medical fact that men over 30 do not recover from injuries as well as men in their 20s.

He's 32 now with a stiff knee that affects his normal QB mobility. That has affected his mental aspect of the game.

Brady will never be what he once was.

Thats the part I just never understood. You can not find one knee or lower body injury where a QB comes back and plays great as soon as they hit the field. You brought up a great example with Marino. He was never the same. Vinny was never the same after his achilles. In recent times the knee injuries have set guys back at least a year and in some cases much more. It took Mannig half a year to recover from basically getting his knee drained.

I dont want to put Tom Brady in the Mo Vaughn category of baseball, but it was basically the same analysis from all the ESPN media types. When the Mets went out and got Mo Vaugn the story was that Steve Phillips and Bobby Valentine went and saw him take a few batting practice swings, decided he was great, and gave him a fortune. It turned out the guy go so fat he couldnt see his toes and he couldnt hit his way out of a paper bag once he faced live pitching. A guy like Peter King goes to Pats camp watches Brady play catch with Randy Moss and writes how he is 100% recovered and looks better than ever before and that the Patriots will be unstoppable. You could find 100s of guys that could go play catch and look like they can throw a football ok. But because it was Brady it meant something special.

I wont say that Brady will never come back. Maybe he will. But the odds were against him. Id put his rehab right around the McNabb time frame. McNabb took between 12 and 14 games before people could say that maybe he could still be an above average QB in the NFL. McNabb cant run anymore and wil never play 16 games but he was able to re-learn to throw the ball long which is really the only trait he has that makes him stand out anymore. Thats what Brady needs to do right now. Learn how to at least do one thing that he used to do. My guess is if we dont see a consistent glimmer in those last few games you will never see the Brady we were used to seeing all tehse years.

It's not the offensive system...it's Brady. he's hurting. And it may have something to do with that thunderous hit in preseason by Albert Haynesworth. Structural damage to Brady's throwing shoulder may have resulted. And the deterioration may now be starting to show. His throwing motion just doesn't look like typical Brady.

Haha. I hate Tom Brady as much as the next guy, but how exactly do you explain Brady in the years before McDaniels? I mean, it's clear that Charlie Weiss is the cheese out in South Bend, right?

Its not McDaniels, its the BB/Parcells system. The same one that has won with QB's such as Phil Simms, Jeff Hostetler, Vinny T, and Drew Bledsoe.

Its not McDaniels, its the BB/Parcells system. The same one that has won with QB's such as Phil Simms, Jeff Hostetler, Vinny T, and Drew Bledsoe.

Huh?

Their system was pass to set-up the run. Have makeable 3rd downs that opens up the playbook. Utilizes the TE.

Not spreading the defense with 4 and 5 wideout sets. Running from the spread formation.

:rolleyes:

The guy is one of the most competitive people out there. He's just playing like sh*t. No psycho analysis needed - he's off....way off.

Sorry Garb but you can't deny that whenever they show this guy on the sidelines lately he looks like a guy who doesn't want to be there.

You ever think that part of the reason he is off is that he's lost his competitive edge and it doesn't seem to be getting it back.

What does he have left to prove? Finishing the game upright seems to be his top priority. The second Light went down yesterday, his game went to hell. That's not a coincidence. The guy was throwing like he was hearing footsteps even when no one was near him.

Sorry Garb but you can't deny that whenever they show this guy on the sidelines lately he looks like a guy who doesn't want to be there.

You ever think that part of the reason he is off is that he's lost his competitive edge and it doesn't seem to be getting it back.

What does he have left to prove? Finishing the game upright seems to be his top priority. The second Light went down yesterday, his game went to hell. That's not a coincidence. The guy was throwing like he was hearing footsteps even when no one was near him.

Lite blows...this is prob a good thing for them

Huh? Did you watch the same game I did? He looks pissed off, not indifferent......what he should be is pissed off at is himself. Yes, his game did go to hell - actually, deeper into hell - when Light went down. That does not excuse the overthrows and underthrows when Light WAS in. Brady is off - way off, as I stated before. The timning 'aint there and I would assume the injury still looms in the back of his head somewhere....not to mention that historically, Brady has had some of his worst games in Denver (and Miami). I still have faith he'll get it together. Manning and the Colts were 3-4 after seven games last year - and then he got it together, and actually wins MVP honors. That gives me hope. Otherwise, the Pats have a better chance of seeing Gawd than seeing the playoffs.

Huh? Did you watch the same game I did? He looks pissed off, not indifferent......what he should be is pissed off at is himself. Yes, his game did go to hell - actually, deeper into hell - when Light went down. That does not excuse the overthrows and underthrows when Light WAS in. Brady is off - way off, as I stated before. The timning 'aint there and I would assume the injury still looms in the back of his head somewhere....not to mention that historically, Brady has had some of his worst games in Denver (and Miami). I still have faith he'll get it together. Manning and the Colts were 3-4 after seven games last year - and then he got it together, and actually wins MVP honors. That gives me hope. Otherwise, the Pats have a better chance of seeing Gawd than seeing the playoffs.

So you'd agree that the problem is mental then. Thank you. :rolleyes:

Oh and Tom Brady is no Peyton Manning. Not even close.

So you'd agree that the problem is mental then. Thank you. :rolleyes:

Oh and Tom Brady is no Peyton Manning. Not even close.

I would assume there is a mental aspect to it - but nice spin, Kleck! You said it was indiffernce - I say it's not indifference. No way.

I used the Manning example to show you retards that a person can start off REAL shaky (I think Manning had about 8-9 ints the first six games last year) and still finish strong.

BTW - you are a FLA dude, right? Why aren't you getting drunk in Ft. Lauderdale with the rest of the animals?

You people have completely lost your minds. Brady is still great and while he's not playing his best he's still basically in line with his career numbers. A return to early 2007 form was never going to happen, injury or no injury.

You people have completely lost your minds. Brady is still great and while he's not playing his best he's still basically in line with his career numbers. A return to early 2007 form was never going to happen, injury or no injury.

2009 brady is far from great

Mcelvin idiocy and Clayton drop along with refs mess in Balt game

1-4

What pressure? He didn't see any all day, and he still missed everyone. You want accuracy, that's Cutler and Manning, definitely not Brady.

Cutler's name should not be any where near Brady or Manning.

Brady has 3 SB's has a 16-0 season where he threw 50 TD's and drove his team for the go ahead score in the SB with 4 minutes to play even though he got his brains beat in. Now your not willing to give him the time to get himself back to playing like he did in the past after suffering a mutiple ligament knee tear ? I hate the Patriots as well but stop the bull**** with Tom Brady and give the guy the credit he deserves. Our time will come and hopefully Sanchez will be the QB to bring us there but making ridiculously stupid statements like I see in Jets forums about Tom Brady just makes us look like sore losers.

BTW the guy who deserves credit for bringing Tom Brady along was Charlie Weiss.

I would assume there is a mental aspect to it - but nice spin, Kleck! You said it was indiffernce - I say it's not indifference. No way.

I used the Manning example to show you retards that a person can start off REAL shaky (I think Manning had about 8-9 ints the first six games last year) and still finish strong.

BTW - you are a FLA dude, right? Why aren't you getting drunk in Ft. Lauderdale with the rest of the animals?

Show me where I said it was indifference. It's not indifference. It's survival. Surviving the game is now more important to him than reaching in and ripping out his opponents' hearts.

I am not in Ft. Lauderdale because I just have ****load of work that needs to get done. I closed a monster deal last week and now I have to babysit and make sure everything gets done.

Adding Randy Moss to the offense and being inline with your career numbers is a step backwards..

Show me where I said it was indifference. It's not indifference. It's survival. Surviving the game is now more important to him than reaching in and ripping out his opponents' hearts.

I am not in Ft. Lauderdale because I just have ****load of work that needs to get done. I closed a monster deal last week and now I have to babysit and make sure everything gets done.

Bull. You said he looks like he does not care and has nothing else to prove.

You actually get deals done with that attitude of yours? Holy cow!

Did you watch the game? :rolleyes:

As soon as Vollmer came in, they ran the ball 8 of the next 11 plays to get him acclimated.

Go look at Peyton last year. He played like crap for half the season. By crap, I mean not to his usual standard and that was only missing a TC with a knee injury.

Brady essentially missed two years. From the Superbowl loss, all he had of real game action was the 7 minutes of game against the Chiefs. He had two TCs, only one of which he saw game action.

His problem is not the happy feet. He looked alot better yesterday then he did in earlier games.

His problem is he is not a crisp passer now. Behind the receiver. Over the receiver's head.

Brady will be okay. He needs to get his timing down.

As soon as Vollmer came in, they ran the ball 8 of the next 11 plays to get him acclimated.

Go look at Peyton last year. He played like crap for half the season. By crap, I mean not to his usual standard and that was only missing a TC with a knee injury.

Brady essentially missed two years. From the Superbowl loss, all he had of real game action was the 7 minutes of game against the Chiefs. He had two TCs, only one of which he saw game action.

His problem is not the happy feet. He looked alot better yesterday then he did in earlier games.

His problem is he is not a crisp passer now. Behind the receiver. Over the receiver's head.

Don't see it...PM's injury was far less serious

2010 will be when Cindy plays better and Moss will be another year older

and Welkah may be in hospital,,,the hits he is taking..he wont last

Brady was what, 5 of 13 in the second half, after Light went down. :rolleyes:

For someone who is supposedly as wonderful a QB as Brady is and how great you and your ilk proclaimed the Pats would be upon his return, his performance has been piss poor. The team looks worse than they did at any time last year with Matt Cassell at QB.

Save for three plays, the Pats are a 1-4 team right now.

Stop making excuses. The Pats just suck.

heh... i ordered 3 cheeseburgers and 2 large fries

Not 4 Hamburgers and 3 small

Agreed . Once Brady gets the confidence in his knee and begins stepping into his passes better he will be just like the old Brady. Only problem for him is that might not be this season.

BTW Peyton has always had a problem with Happy feet he almost always seems nervous when he has to wait for WR's to get open. Its funny watching his feet when he plays. Brady has, on the other hand, always been rock solid with his foot work and I thats probably a bigger part of whats affecting his game than people might think.

Full time slot recievers in the NFL usually take a tremendous beating. Chrebet used to take huge hits Its what eventually shortened his career. Welker will wear down as the years and big hits pile up on his small frame. Full time ST his first few years didnt help that situation.

Brady was what, 5 of 13 in the second half, after Light went down. :rolleyes:

For someone who is supposedly as wonderful a QB as Brady is and how great you and your ilk proclaimed the Pats would be upon his return, his performance has been piss poor. The team looks worse than they did at any time last year with Matt Cassell at QB.

Save for three plays, the Pats are a 1-4 team right now.

Stop making excuses. The Pats just suck.

Oy!!!!!......further proof you do not watch the game.

Light went down on the first play of the fourth quarter. So a majority of those passes were in the 3rd. The next six plays were all runs mixed in with those two 4th down penalties. He stepped back to pass five times after Light went down. One was the stripping of the ball. Do the math genius. :rolleyes:

I agree to a large extent.

Next off-season he will be able to concentrate on a normal training regime versus knee recovery.

I think he will get more in sync with his receivers through out the season.

I still think his shoulder is still having issues from the Haynesworth hit. They seem to never go deep now. Granted, part of that is a result of trying to get Brady back on track.

Oy!!!!!......further proof you do not watch the game.

Light went down on the first play of the fourth quarter. So a majority of those passes were in the 3rd. The next six plays were all runs mixed in with those two 4th down penalties. He stepped back to pass five times after Light went down. One was the stripping of the ball. Do the math genius. :rolleyes:

I agree to a large extent.

Next off-season he will be able to concentrate on a normal training regime versus knee recovery.

I think he will get more in sync with his receivers through out the season.

I still think his shoulder is still having issues from the Haynesworth hit. They seem to never go deep now. Granted, part of that is a result of trying to get Brady back on track.

the shoulder hit did not help....there is definitely some zip missing

what's the deal with Brace...no playing time?

Archived