Volek To NY?!?

MiamiJet

Found this interesting article about Volek and Keith Bullock.

I doubt it happens, simply because Tennessee would have no one to backup McNair should he go down to injury, or decide to retire at the end of the year.

I am also curious as to what the Titans would want in return as compensation. Does Terry bite?

I guess the question is, does Terry and Herm feel they're close, especially given the injury woes of New England? If so, why not make the push now, rather than try to pick up a qb during the ofseason and give the Pats a chance to recover?

Anyway please read on....

http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll...398/1328/SPORTS

After rotating at right cornerback the last two games, Jones will start Sunday against the Colts and Beckham will be his backup.

"I don't feel bad, but I respect Beck to the fullest. He's handled this straight up like a professional," Jones said. "But for the most part, that's not for me to worry about. I've got to worry about playing football. If I worried about that I probably wouldn't be where I am at right now.

"

Injuries: Quarterback Steve McNair sat out practice yesterday with a sore foot.

This certainly won't help the situation. The Jets would get held up and overpay for Volek, which I hope they don't do. If they did, then Rosenhaus would try to put the screws to the Jets since they need his client in big way.

DON'T DO IT BRADWAY!!!!

This certainly won't help the situation. The Jets would get held up and overpay for Volek, which I hope they don't do. If they did, then Rosenhaus would try to put the screws to the Jets since they need his client in big way.

DON'T DO IT BRADWAY!!!!

That is one of the major reasons why I initially believed that it would not be done. McNair's injury history, age and desire to retire soon.

I do think it's possible, though. This is business. The Titans are trying to rebuild and need as many picks as possible. They are not about to give Volek a new contract, as they are in cap hell, and cut a ton of players.

Trading Volek serves several needs. One, they get their picks. I doubt Terry gives up a #1, especially given NY's situation. That pick, as of right now, could be a top 15, top 10 pick. I would assume that a #2 and possibly a #3 or #4 would be involved. Conditional picks would probably be considered.

If so, Terry, take it and run.

He will acquire picks from the league for losing Jordan, Ferguson, and McKenzie to free agency. He also has John Abe to dangle in front of teams willing to part with a #1 and or #2/#3.

The issue would be attempting to come up with a deal that would fit our cap. Can it be done? Again, it is possible, but very unlikely, given Volek's wish to start and Rosenhaus' past dealings.

Volek also knows the offense, better than Chad. he has worked with McCareins and has mobility, arm and the knowledge that only six years of working with Mike Heimerdinger could offer.

We are young on defense and resilient. We have most of the pieces in place, and New England is reeling from losing Harrison and Light. The time is now. No, they are not dead. They need a stake driven into their hearts and Volek could be that piece. I do not wnat to wiat until the offseason to have another go at them. The time is now. If the compensation is reasonable, then go for it.

FYI McNair is due a ridiculous roster bonus at the end of this year (something like 50 mil if memory serves). When (not if) they cut him, Volek is the man. That's another reason why trading Volek doesn't really make sense for the Titans.

Obviously, the Jets could go after McNair at that point.

FYI McNair is due a ridiculous roster bonus at the end of this year (something like 50 mil if memory serves). When (not if) they cut him, Volek is the man. That's another reason why trading Volek doesn't really make sense for the Titans.

Obviously, the Jets could go after McNair at that point.

There are many things to consider here.

One, Rosenhaus could be up to his old tricks. Maybe he started all of this. It wouldn't be the first time.

Two, McNair will most likely retire or be cut at the end of this season. They could then turn to Volek, but he would request a new contract, and is 30.

Do you, if you're Floyd, deal with Rosenhaus and ive them the big ass contract that they desire, or do you go after Leinhart or Cutler, etc?

Either way, you're paying out the nose for a qb. I would imagine that they'd go with the established qb, but maybe Norm Chow, given a serious shot at Leinhart opts for his former qb instead?

Just some ramblings.

The Jets and Titans still have cap issues, and in reality, I doubt they trade Volek mid season. This will be, however the best time to pull the trigger, since NY is desperate. Once the off season hits, trading Volek becomes less likely, as his contract demands become a bigger issue and NY gets a better idea about Chad's shoulder and progress.

Maybe I'm the only one. But I think trading a number one for Volek would be a good move by the Jets. There is no better time to catch the Pats than now and there is no better fit to immediatly come in here and hit the ground running than Volek. #1 picks are no guarentees either even high ones. To me a bird in the hand is worth more than two in the bush.

Better arm and has proven more then Phillip Rivers.

But hey, what do I know, I just watched NCState for years. :shock:

seriously, why the hardon forrivers,,,are u a UNC fan,,i am a unc fan but still marveled at how he was a technician for that team,,

he would be startin in sd if he didnt hold out,,

and lots of backups look crappy in preseason with 3rd string wr's, rb's and ol...

Billy Volek would be the perfect fit for us. He is smart, has a good arm, and has already LIT IT UP under Heimerdinger.

But no, let's trade a 1st rounder instead for a guy with an ass backwards delivery that got to play once in garbage time against the Chiefs.

Better arm and has proven more then Phillip Rivers.

But hey, what do I know, I just watched NCState for years. :shock:

Volek is alot older than Rivers, and as much as Volek has done in the NFL, he has really not proven sh**. I'd rather take the chance on a young QB like Rivers.

Volek last season was decent. 18 tds, 10 ints. Nothing real special. Obviously thats only in 10 games though.

Not to mention Volek will be 30 years old in April next year and has already HAD SURGERY TO REPAIR A SEPARATED SHOULDER.

Yup, just what we need A FRICKING 214 lb quarterback who after just starting 10 games in his career had to go under the knife. :roll:

I thought we already had one of those.

LOL, no sh** sherlock! :lol:

The last thing we need is a 3rd injured QB on the roster.

214 frickin pounds? What a light-weight. He'd get KILLED behind our Oline.

10 games started, and he has to go under the knife in the offseason. Sounds like another brittle POS to me.

Archived