Dolphins' celebration during Monday night win irks New York Jets

SoFlaJets

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not really the same thing.

Of course it is, especially considering all of this is arbitrary when you think about it. A player celebrating in his home end zone isn't really all that better or worse than a bunch of players partaking in an act that's traditionally used in the postseason on the road after blowing out one of the 3 worst teams in the league. Surely even you of all people can see the irony in someone complaining that the Dolphins were celebrating like they won the Super Bowl when Jets players have insinuated the same thing twice this year.

1) Most do not - Scott and Rhodes being the exceptions. They like hearing themselves talk and think they give good soundbite - which they do. If I were a fan, however, I'd prefer they shut up and delete their twitter accounts.

2) Gatorade showers in the regular season is absolutely the most pathetic thing a team could do. I don't care what team it is.....it's terrible and embarassing. It's kindergarden. I feel bad for anyone that thinks it's cool to do DURING THE REGULAR SEASON. Wow.

Giving a coach a Gatorade bath for his first ever win, or a milestone win, is fine with me. Sanchez and Ryan giving Callahan the Gatorade bath for how the o-line played last week is fine with me, it was funny.

The Jets are not doing what the Giants did in 1986 when they gave Parcells the Gatorade bath ever week on his orders.

They did it twice, once to congratulate the coach on his first win as a Head Coach and once to honor their o-line coach.

You're making an issue out of nothing to elicit a reaction which is nosensical and douchy trolling.

This.

I said it in the preseason and now its surfacing, this smack talk is going to come back and haunt us, especially if we suck....well...we suck and they are still runnig their mouths.

At this point, I would love to someone on the Jets say "No comment. We are going to do our talking on the field".

It would be really refreshing, still as potent and it wouldnt make the players look like the dbags they are running their mouth about a team that physically dominated them a couple of weeks ago and we've done nothing to prove that will change this Sunday.

We are once again setting ourselves up for embarrassment.

And that would get spun by someone like Cimini as "Jets tell Dolphins to bring it."

These guys can't win for losing so they might as well say what's on their minds.

Of course it is, especially considering all of this is arbitrary when you think about it. A player celebrating in his home end zone isn't really all that better or worse than a bunch of players partaking in an act that's traditionally used in the postseason on the road after blowing out one of the 3 worst teams in the league. Surely even you of all people can see the irony in someone complaining that the Dolphins were celebrating like they won the Super Bowl when Jets players have insinuated the same thing twice this year.

I just think its silly to get worked up over.

Giving a coach a Gatorade bath for his first ever win, or a milestone win, is fine with me. Sanchez and Ryan giving Callahan the Gatorade bath for how the o-line played last week is fine with me, it was funny.

The Jets are not doing what the Giants did in 1986 when they gave Parcells the Gatorade bath ever week on his orders.

They did it twice, once to congratulate the coach on his first win as a Head Coach and once to honor their o-line coach.

You're making an issue out of nothing to elicit a reaction which is nosensical and douchy trolling.

I like it I hope they pour a big ass bucket over Callahan's head again this week and every week following. Here's to another 300 plus yard rushing game.

**** MIAMI and the Pat fans, go find your own team's ****ing board and whine there.

Many Jets players talk a big frickin' game - and often enough they back it up....but when you talk big, the game becomes big. And when they end up losing, many of the same big mouths acts like frickin' babies leaving the sandbox and taking their toy trucks with them. You give, you get.

BTW - didn't Rex get a gatorade shower after a REGULAR SEASON victory this year? If you think a dance (on their own home field) is lame, what's a regular season gatorade shower? Super lame?

Yes, some of the players need to STFU, but the Gatorage shower was after the Texans game which was RR's first win as an NFL head coach.

Honestly, like Jets players wouldnt be celebrating in our home stadium if we just pulled off a last second victory against our division rival on MNF in a back and forth battle after all the smack that had been throw around between the two teams.

What were they supposed to do? Kindly hand the ball to the ref and immediately starting bowing to the Jets for putting up such a challenging fight?

I'm seriously over the mouths on this team. You are one game above .500 because you just beat the worst team in Football. Stop acting like you've earned the right to talk smack. You lost that privilege when you dropped 3 straight games and pissed away the division.

I like it I hope they pour a big ass bucket over Callahan's head again this week and every week following. Here's to another 300 plus yard rushing game.

**** MIAMI and the Pat fans, go find your own team's ****ing board and whine there.

This is pure hypocrisy, same people who complain about the NFL being the "No Fun League" complain about Gatorade baths?

Get over your own bull**** please. :rolleyes:

I agree with Kleck here Garb. It's one thing to give a gatorade bath for certain accomplishments, and another to just do it for any old win. I'm sure if you look back Bellicheat prob got one after his first win, though maybe not bc he is so anal. But, either way, it's not like they are doing it every week. And the 2nd one was a head coach helping out to get his O line coach after the running game was allowed to rush for 300 in back to back games. Only the 2nd time in nearly 50 years. I think that might be considered bath worthy, plus it just shows Rex appreciates his coaches working hard for him. On to the articles posted from Miami and the reporter talking smack about last seeing Revis chasing down Ginn Jr. Dude needs to calm down. Everyone can get beat badly at some point on one play. Where was Mr. Ginn the rest of the game bc I sure didn't see him. Revis bit on a double move and maybe thought he had more help, either way it happens sometimes. Let's see how many catches he gets on Sun. when one of the best corners in the league faces him again.

You lost that privilege when you dropped 3 straight games and pissed away the division.

Yep. It was different when it was the summer and they were just having fun and getting themselves gassed up, that I understood. Now it's just a bit ridiculous. With as much as this team talks sh-t, and as much as Sanchez celebrates after every TD pass, the fact that they're legitimately upset about another team doing the same is just hypocritical. You had Bart Scott standing up in front of the media after beating the now 0-7 Titans going on and on about how that game was proof positive that they were elite. Jenkins flat out saying that they themselves were treating the NE game like the Super Bowl. Brick tweeting after the NO loss about how much they planned on dominating the Fins. I mean come on, you can't bark this much and then get all c-nty when someone else barks back. It's so lame.

Perhaps I am in the minority - but I think any sort of gatorade shower is absolutely pathetic unless it's for some kind of championship. Division, Conference, SB. That's it. End of story. Anything else is pathetic in my book. I would say the same thing if some patriots player dumped gatorade on Dan Pees or Bill Belichick after an improbable victory against the...Saints, for example. Ridiculous.

Perhaps I am in the minority - but I think any sort of gatorade shower is absolutely pathetic unless it's for some kind of championship. Division, Conference, SB. That's it. End of story. Anything else is pathetic in my book. I would say the same thing if some patriots player dumped gatorade on Dan Pees or Bill Belichick after an improbable victory against the...Saints, for example. Ridiculous.

You're a Pats fan you think any sort of shower is pathetic.

Here I found a link for you.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/

I, for one, now hope that if the Pats beat the Saints, which I hope doesn't happen at all, but if it does, the Pats give BB a Gatorade shower because I am going to be such an obnoxious prick to Garb if they do. :mrgreen:

Yep. It was different when it was the summer and they were just having fun and getting themselves gassed up, that I understood. Now it's just a bit ridiculous. With as much as this team talks sh-t, and as much as Sanchez celebrates after every TD pass, the fact that they're legitimately upset about another team doing the same is just hypocritical. You had Bart Scott standing up in front of the media after beating the now 0-7 Titans going on and on about how that game was proof positive that they were elite. Jenkins flat out saying that they themselves were treating the NE game like the Super Bowl. Brick tweeting after the NO loss about how much they planned on dominating the Fins. I mean come on, you can't bark this much and then get all c-nty when someone else barks back. It's so lame.

Yep. I find this all very hypocritical.

And FTR, the Gatorade shower's dont really bother me. I do think its a bit excessive and possibly unnecessary, but its really the smack talk that pisses me off. Your team is not all that good. STFU. Go play the game and do your talking on the field. If you end up being worth a **** at the end of the season, talk it up. Fine. But for now, STFU and play, because IMO an ass whipping on the Raiders doesnt mean you've bounced back from your 3 game skid when you pissed away the division. Beating the Raiders does not prove that you're a force to be reckoned with.

Agreed completely. We shouldn't have heard anymore out of them after that Miami game..

Hey.. on a side note, why come when I click the image in your sig does it bring me to a page with a bitonti image at the bottom?

Agreed completely. We shouldn't have heard anymore out of them after that Miami game..

Hey.. on a side note, why come when I click the image in your sig does it bring me to a page with a bitonti image at the bottom?

Hahaha, never even noticed that. No clue, you don't need an account for Imageshack so I guess they just put whatever they want up. That's pretty funny though.

Cimini...

It's Miami week, and the Jets are fired up, still upset by what they felt was an over-the-top celebration by the Dolphins after their dramatic 31-27 win three weeks ago in Miami.

"When Ronnie Brown scored (with six seconds left) and he was doing that little Dolphin dance, oh, that irked the --- out of me," DE Shaun Ellis said Wednesday, adding, "Seeing how they celebrated, I was looking for stuff to come out of the sky. I thought I just played in the Super Bowl."

Said CB Darrelle Revis: "We saw that. We took heed of that. ...It was a game we let slip by. We feel we're the better team - up and down, special teams, offense, defense, no matter what."

I'm sure this has probably been mentioned, but Ronnie Brown was paying homage to Miami Northwestern High School, who celebrates that way after every touchdown they score.

Brown and Vernon Carey, who is an alum of MNW, attended their game the Friday night before the Jets game.

You're looking at a picture of a shirtless bitonti? Look at the one to the right of it, you mo...

What in the world...

Lesbians and a half-naked bitonti via way of clicking on one of the best middleweight prospects out there. The possibilities for a six degrees of separation-game with that one are endless.

I'm sure this has probably been mentioned, but Ronnie Brown was paying homage to Miami Northwestern High School, who celebrates that way after every touchdown they score.

Brown and Vernon Carey, who is an alum of MNW, attended their game the Friday night before the Jets game.

Yes, we should applaud athletes who encourage excessive celebration at the high school level...

I, for one, now hope that if the Pats beat the Saints, which I hope doesn't happen at all, but if it does, the Pats give BB a Gatorade shower because I am going to be such an obnoxious prick to Garb if they do. :mrgreen:

No chance of either happening (the victory and the gatorade).....but if they win (unlikely) and if they pour gatorade on BB (even more unlikely) I will take my messageboard beat down like a "man" instead of a whiney Jets player ;)

+100.

The Callahan shower is a bit dumb.

While 300+ yards is an accomplishment, it was against the Rai-Duhs. A team that has given up over 200 yards in two other games and Bearsesque 173 another time.

If the Jets had done the 300+ in a more meaningful game, maybe, but against the Rai-Duhs?

+100.

While 300+ yards is an accomplishment, it was against the Rai-Duhs. A team that has given up over 200 yards in two other games and Bearsesque 173 another time.

If the Jets had done the 300+ in a more meaningful game, maybe, but against the Rai-Duhs?

why do you care? it was phuckin gatorade?

callahan was dumped by al davis...maybe it was a FU to him

Yeah, that's just ridiculous.

+100.

when the patsies* have to make a decision like that, you can speak..till then STFU !

btw, it was 2 weeks in a row

Archived