why didn't Joey Porter play yesterday for the dol-fags?

Jetfan13

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No. They weren't. The Dolphins won the first game because their offense had a perfect day and they won the second game because Ted Ginn ran back two kickoffs.

The Dolphins LBs had little to do with either victory.

+1

The Dolphins defense had little to do with either win.

Let's see here...

Joey Porter - 12 total tackles, 2.5 sacks, in 7 games

Calvin Pace - 24 total tackles, 3.0 sacks, in 4 games

and they play the same position.

No to make excuses for Joey, who dropped down dramatically, and who really DOES need to stfu.

Pace got all 3 of his sacks vs Raiders.

He has not sacked anybody this year who wasn't wearing Silver and Black.

Tackle wise, yes, he does have more tackles.

Joey has had an injury for past couple weeks, might have something to do with that.

Joey is a pure pass rusher, while Pace is more rounded.

Last years stats.

Joey 47 tackles, 17.5 Sacks.

Calvin 80 tackles, 7 sacks.

This goes to show you that Joeys primary job is with the hand on the ground, running at the QB, while Calvin is more rounded OLB, but isn't as good of a pass rusher as Joey.

No. They weren't. The Dolphins won the first game because their offense had a perfect day and they won the second game because Ted Ginn ran back two kickoffs.

The Dolphins LBs had little to do with either victory.

So what you saying is that the the first time we won because our offense owned your defense.

And the second time around is because Ted Ginn owned your entire kick coverage unit?

No to make excuses for Joey, who dropped down dramatically, and who really DOES need to stfu.

Joey has had an injury for past couple weeks, might have something to do with that.

Last years stats.

This goes to show you that Joeys primary job is with the hand on the ground, running at the QB, while Calvin is more rounded OLB, but isn't as good of a pass rusher as Joey.

And since he IS well rounded actually goes out for pass coverage instead of rushing the passer on every play.

Last years stats.

So what you saying is that the the first time we won because our offense owned your defense.

And the second time around is because Ted Ginn owned your entire kick coverage unit?

Exactly.

Defensive Scheme.

Joey isn't a free safety.

They tell him to pass rusher, he rushes the passer.

Now, the fact that he struggled this year is a different story.

Wrong.

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1437133&postcount=47

Pace isn't a free safety either, but he goes out into pass coverage. He's not lining up on every play rushing the passer like Peezy. WTF kind of nickname is that anyway...lol.

Pace isn't a free safety either, but he goes out into pass coverage. He's not lining up on every play rushing the passer like Peezy. WTF kind of nickname is that anyway...lol.

I guess i didn't explain myself throughout.

By saying that he "Isn't a free safety" I meant that he doesn't chose what he does. He just executes the play call. Because rushing the passer is his best asset, thats what they ask him to do majority of the snaps.

Well, Porter dors have double the sacks Bart Scott has. What does that tell you about the suckage of the almighty Bart Scott?

Don't try to turn the thread around. It's about Porter's trap writing checks his body can't cash. That's Joey Porter of the last place DolPHAGS.

Don't try to turn the thread around. It's about Porter's trap writing checks his body can't cash.

Ironic of you to complain that Joey "writes checks that he can't cash"

That's Joey Porter of the last place DolPHAGS.

We aren't.

We are in third place, with one game behind the jests with 8 more to go.

Joey Porter in 8 games

~ 12 tackles (10 solo)

~ 2.5 sacks

~ 1 forced fumble

~ 1 pass defensed

Calvin Pace in 4 games

~ 24 tackles (21 solo)

~ 3 sacks

~ 2 forced fumbles

~ 1 pass defensed

:)

In fairness, all of those stats, outside of the tackles came against the Raiders, which almost doesn't count.

Joey Porter in 8 games

~ 12 tackles (10 solo)

~ 2.5 sacks

~ 1 forced fumble

~ 1 pass defensed

Calvin Pace in 4 games

~ 24 tackles (21 solo)

~ 3 sacks

~ 2 forced fumbles

~ 1 pass defensed

:)

:yawn:

Read before posting Joe.

This has already been addressed.

:yawn:

Read before posting Joe.

This has already been addressed.

You're going to tell me what to do? Priceless. :rl:

It can never be said enough when all I heard is how Pace is 1/2 the player Porter is. Yeah, maybe 5 years ago, but not right now.

You're going to tell me what to do? Priceless. :rl:

It can never be said enough when all I heard is how Pace is 1/2 the player Porter is. Yeah, maybe 5 years ago, but not right now.

Posting something has has been posted is a great way to add to the discussion.

Nope. Carry on troll.

Keep backing up Popcorn Arms Peezy

You don't read in the thread before you post?

Because if you would, you would see that I stated that Porter needs to STFU and start playing, because he has been bad this year.

You don't read in the thread before you post?

Because if you would, you would see that I stated that Porter needs to STFU and start playing, because he has been bad this year.

Trust me, I read and not all of your posts are telling him to STFU, you've backed him in posts.

Carry on troll.

And I also enjoy the not to make excuses and then after that there are excuses. ;)

Trust me, I read and not all of your posts are telling him to STFU, you've backed him in posts.

If "backing up" means explaining why he doesn't get tackles, because of what position he plays, and what his tendencies are, then you are correct.

And you should know about trolling.

You have 5k posts worth of trolling on our board.

And I also enjoy the not to make excuses and then after that there are excuses. ;)

Wasn't excuses. Explaining football 101.

If "backing up" means explaining why he doesn't get tackles, because of what position he plays, and what his tendencies are, then you are correct.

And you should know about trolling.

You have 5k posts worth of trolling on our board.

Wasn't excuses. Explaining football 101.

I think 4-4,500K of those are in the Just To Talk thread which is a thread just to bull****, wouldn't exactly call that trolling.

But nice try.

Explaining football 101? Lol. K.

Have a nice day.

I think 4-4,500K of those are in the Just To Talk thread which is a thread just to bull****, wouldn't exactly call that trolling.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Explaining football 101? Lol. K.

Explainingd ifferences between OLB and ILB and player tendencies is 101.

I know for you its a hard concept to grasp.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Explainingd ifferences between OLB and ILB and player tendencies is 101.

I know for you its a hard concept to grasp.

If you can't see that threads like J2T are just for bull****ing purposes, you're blind.

OLB and ILB play tendencies? Jesus you need help in learning where some players play. The post I am referring to is your Joey & Cavlin post, neither of which play ILB. It's like arguing with a mentally challenged person.

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1437585&postcount=38

Peace.

I guess you don't find this as funny as I do.

You would find this exchange much more interesting if you knew the amount of time he spent on our board, and efforts he put in to get unbanned.

If you can't see that threads like J2T are just for bull****ing purposes, you're blind.

You put up 5k posts in on thread?

:rolleyes:

The post I am referring to is your Joey & Cavlin post, neither of which play ILB.

I explained the difference in production, backed it up with full season worth of stats showing which player does what.

It's like arguing with a mentally challenged person.

Kind of ironic, especially coming from you Joe.

He did? OH my bad BWAHAHHA

friggin big mouth, ZERO tackles, one pressure...I think its time Sparano calls thjis guy and tells him either shut up or sit..Guy has the ballsto try and deflect all the trash talk to others, well at least MOST of the others back it up, this guy is just an old joke

Joey brought a doctor's note that said he is not allowed to sweat.

This thread is so full of win that I can taste it. :rl: How insecure are Jets fans that they have to use the Patriots as a tool to gain some form of revenge on a mediocre Dolphin team that swept their beloved team?

Beloved? Who the hell refers to a football team as beloved? The Dolphins beat us twice and we are a .500 team. The insecurity you refer to is just frustration on the 40 year drought and trolls from other teams making attempts to be funny by using words like Beloved.

You would find this exchange much more interesting if you knew the amount of time he spent on our board, and efforts he put in to get unbanned.

You put up 5k posts in on thread?

:rolleyes:

I explained the difference in production, backed it up with full season worth of stats showing which player does what.

Kind of ironic, especially coming from you Joe.

:rl: You can't even speak proper English fool.

Archived