**** OFFICIAL NEW YORK JETS @ SAN DIEGO CHARGERS GAME THREAD ****

The Gun Of Bavaria

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
While I may not be excited about it, it's clear to me the Jets are going to win this game.

Norv Turner has called the offense way to conservatively, from punting on his own 35 to doing nothing but running short dump offs and screens. Defensively the Chargers haven't been able to sustain any pressure on Sanchez, and for some reason refuse to blitz.

Credit to the Jets for taking advantage of the breaks given to them. The only way they'll lose this game is if they somehow beat themselves.

Our OC is trying to kill us too. It seems like these days the QB has to take charge and call the offense to succeed. Peyton does it, Brady has a ton of leeway and pretty much does it too, Brees and Payton are pretty much of one mind, and Favre does it as well.

Our OC is trying to kill us too. It seems like these days the QB has to take charge and call the offense to succeed. Peyton does it, Brady has a ton of leeway and pretty much does it too, Brees and Payton are pretty much of one mind, and Favre does it as well.

You've got a rookie QB playing in his second playoff game ... I think that Sanchez will eventually be given that leeway, but it's smart too keep him as a "game manager" for the time being, especially with a monster running game and solid defense to fall back on.

This play could be the game. That defense is tired. They can't take much more of Shonn Greene.

That's why I wanted that strategy from the get go.

Next week against the Colts are where that strategy won't work as well. The Colts are the better team in every phase. Better QB, better offense, better defense. The Colts beat better teams. The Colts have the experience and the success.

The Chargers were NEVER the best team despite the hardon people had for them.

The Saints and Colts are the best. The Jets have the formula to pull the upset.

Archived