~~~***Official Winter Olympics Thread***~~~

vanDoug

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick update.

This is a lot of fun. Massive crowds everywhere and line-ups for everything is maybe the downside. A really great vibe and lots of happy people are the upside.

Very un-Vancouver like weather for Feb. and should stay sunny for a while. Our visitors are loving it.

cheers.

:cheers:

From my balcony yesterday afternoon.

The Vancouver Art Gallery in the forefront. The left side of a huge Canadian flag on the right. To the left of that is the end tower for the zip line over Robson Sq. People wait in line 5+ hours during the day for a 30 second zip ride. I can see them lined up right now in the dark at 6:45. It opens at 9. Crazy.

DSCN0968.jpg?t=1266763319

From my balcony yesterday afternoon.

The Vancouver Art Gallery in the forefront. The left side of a huge Canadain flag on the right. To the left of that is the end tower for the zip line over Robson Sq. People wait in line 5+ hours during the day for a 30 second zip ride. I can see them lined up right now in the dark at 6:45. It opens at 9. Crazy.

what a great pix, vD!

does anyone know where i can see Ohno's finals from last night.. i tried NBC but they want me to download some microsoft crap player.. so i am not going to do that. :lol:

but if anyone knows a different place.. maybe the canada feed?

what a great pix, vD!

does anyone know where i can see Ohno's finals from last night.. i tried NBC but they want me to download some microsoft crap player.. so i am not going to do that. :lol:

I know of 3 Canadian networks carrying the games.

ctv.ca

sportsnet.ca

tsn.ca

Maybe also try

thescore.ca

what a great pix, vD!

I downloaded the player so I could watch curling matches that are not televised. It's no big deal It'll even run on that crappy Mac of yours.

I downloaded the player so I could watch curling matches that are not televised. It's no big deal It'll even run on that crappy Mac of yours.

well i know it wont give me a virus.. cause that kind of thing only happens on pc's ;)

Not nearly as monumental as 30 years ago- this is pros against pros and not even a medal game but still huge for USA hockey and a big blow to Canada pride.

Lots of questions being asked today. Newspapers claiming doom. Brodeur probably sits next game vs. Germay tomorrow. Then..........IF they win that, it's Russia, then.....forget then......take care of Germany you guys. Hard road ahead.

:character42:

Lots of questions being asked today. Newspapers claiming doom. Brodeur probably sits next game vs. Germay tomorrow. Then..........IF they win that, it's Russia, then.....forget then......take care of Germany you guys. Hard road ahead.

:character42:

Geez, it's just hockey. They're acting like it's football. :)

Yeah, I agree. Hockey's maybe 3rd or 4th on my list of fav sports. But up here?

Last night's game is not a topic of conversation. It's THE topic of conversation.

I thought the buzz in Vancuver last night was over the original Aborigenes dance proformed by the Russia Ice Dancers. I can't believe people are talking about a hockey game. Everyone knows the Olympics is carried by figure skating.

I thought the buzz in Vancuver last night was over the original Aborigenes dance proformed by the Russia Ice Dancers. I can't believe people are talking about a hockey game. Everyone knows the Olympics is carried by figure skating.

Welcome Brian Boitano!!!

Didn't know you were a Jets fan.

Archived