UnOfficial Welcome Back Coles Thread (If he does come back) speculative thread

TNJet

I hope the Jets go WR in one of the first two rounds. If they do, there's no way Coles comes back. If they don't, it probably becomes likely. I think there's going to be value at the WR position where the Jets pick, though.

I'd love to see LC back on a short/cheap deal. He's an upgrade over any other WR on the roster who can play the role of #3 WR.

The Jets are going to draft one or two WRs, probably in the early rounds.

Coles is a has been, who couldn't even make it in Cincinnati, with Ochocinco trying to pull him along. Maybe the Florida State Seminoles will hire him as a receivers coach or something.

I don't want this jackass back, he is an absolute cancer and he'll probably hold out again anyway. If he wants to retire as a Jet, give him a 30 day contract at most, but sign him for anything over a year and you just get ridiculous whining and claims that the FO lies to him.

Actually I don't know why the Jets would even bring him back, you figure he burned enough bridges. Rhodes was the last whiner and he is gone. The team has good chemistry now and everyone plays like a team, why ruin it with this primadonna?

I don't want this jackass back, he is an absolute cancer and he'll probably hold out again anyway. If he wants to retire as a Jet, give him a 30 day contract at most, but sign him for anything over a year and you just get ridiculous whining and claims that the FO lies to him.

Actually I don't know why the Jets would even bring him back, you figure he burned enough bridges. Rhodes was the last whiner and he is gone. The team has good chemistry now and everyone plays like a team, why ruin it with this primadonna?

I cant believe people call LC a cancer...but would approve to signing an Ochocinco or TO. Coles is simply one of the toughest jets i've ever seen,period.

You know its gonna happen. And i'm for it. Let Coles retire in green like he should! LC is always welcome on the jets. A better #3 than Smith anyway. :)

Let him retire now. Who cares whether a guy who abandoned this team once and whined his way of it another retires as a Jet? Let him sign somewhere else. Maybe he will fumble against us in the playoffs again.

P.S. I don't think either Smith or Coles will be our 3. I think Mr. T is sick of LC.

Let him retire now. Who cares whether a guy who abandoned this team once and whined his way of it another retires as a Jet? Let him sign somewhere else. Maybe he will fumble against us in the playoffs again.

we just signed our biggest whiner his name is LT.

I'm sick of his act and would not want him back. :baby:

I agree with Joey Jet. I , too, am sick oh his ways. He can be cancerous in the lockerroom always crying about money. Why not go for youth instead of an old guy? Golden Tate would be better for us then Coles. Let the kiddie corps. develop by playing together with Sanchez. No oldies please!

You know its gonna happen. And i'm for it. Let Coles retire in green like he should! LC is always welcome on the jets. A better #3 than Smith anyway. :)

I didnt see Coles play last year except in the playoffs against us and I'll tell you this, HE'S DONE.

yeah, he's a Jet for life, but it gets to a point where we keep it that way and not invest anymore into him. Get a young guy who can grow with the QB in here. No more one year guys and switching up for Sanchez. If we can get one more solid WR then we'll have Edwards and another WR to grow with Sanchez for atleast 5 years, with Cotch being the mentor.

I didnt see Coles play last year except in the playoffs against us and I'll tell you this, HE'S DONE.

yeah, he's a Jet for life, but it gets to a point where we keep it that way and not invest anymore into him. Get a young guy who can grow with the QB in here. No more one year guys and switching up for Sanchez. If we can get one more solid WR then we'll have Edwards and another WR to grow with Sanchez for atleast 5 years, with Cotch being the mentor.

This.

Jet for life? if not for reciprocal pennington mancrust he probably never would've came back..

Jet for life? if not for reciprocal pennington mancrust he probably never would've came back..

I hear what you're saying but for many Coles meant alot. He was 1 in a handful of WR's that Jet fans believed in with this organization for a long time. Jet fans loved Coles and many people on this forum would actually take him back for a 3rd go'round which I think would be the wrong thing to do...but its true.

Coles has a fanbase here and will always be remembered as a Jet more than a Seminole, Redskin or Bengal. It is what it is.

I don't think he's gonna do this, because he knows that no one else is going to sign him. He understands that his skills have diminished, he's at the very end of his career, but he's hoping the Jets will take him back so he can retire here.

I a huge Coles fan, and hated to see him go the both times he left. But I really question what he has left in the tank, and I really have to wonder what he sees as so personally appealing about coming back to the Jets at this point. He doesn't know the coach or the QB. It's obvious that he'd be a #3 at best here, and would be paid accordingly.

Best case with him is that it's all true about what he says about Carson Palmer never getting comfortable throwing the ball to him. Worst case is that he's toast. Palmer and Sanchez are buddies. Mark idolized Palmer. I'm sure he's gotten the complete and total scoop on Lava's time in Cincy.

No one's rushing after Coles. I think the Jets and the rest of the league will wait and see how the draft pans out before extending him any lifelines. Really prefer the rookie WR, but the bottom line is that a has-been Coles is probably still greater than a never-was Clowney.

I a huge Coles fan, and hated to see him go the both times he left. But I really question what he has left in the tank, and I really have to wonder what he sees as so personally appealing about coming back to the Jets at this point. He doesn't know the coach or the QB. It's obvious that he'd be a #3 at best here, and would be paid accordingly.

Best case with him is that it's all true about what he says about Carson Palmer never getting comfortable throwing the ball to him. Worst case is that he's toast. Palmer and Sanchez are buddies. Mark idolized Palmer. I'm sure he's gotten the complete and total scoop on Lava's time in Cincy.

No one's rushing after Coles. I think the Jets and the rest of the league will wait and see how the draft pans out before extending him any lifelines. Really prefer the rookie WR, but the bottom line is that a has-been Coles is probably still greater than a never-was Clowney.

AY! YOU WATCH YOUR F'ING MOUTH SLATS. Clowny's the best damn preseason WR to ever grace your tv set in August.

Archived