JN Mafia - The Land of Fat and Happy

JustInFudge

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hess, no editing allowed in non administrative posts (vote counts). Just make another post.

As to the ebb & flow of the game, I think the jumpoff from Klecko was interesting. Although the vote for him was not substantiated, the jump off wasn't either.

I voted Irish to get a reaction out of him, and did. His initial subdued response was interesting for the reasons I've stated. He's gotten more agitated as the game has gone along. He did make a perhaps telling mistake in saying that CTM jumped on the Klecko bandwagon when he didn't do anything of the sort.

I kind of caught the same thing. Almost seems like he made distinct effort to initially not be his typical self, and the CTM comment is definitely odd. Like I said earlier, the jump off of Kleck is noteworthy and I'm all for getting competing bandwagons going day one. While it may not tell us much now, it sometimes brings more info to light when you come back to it in future days when we start to learn a little more about who is who. Considering I'm the only one on AVM at this point, I'm comfortable making the move to IJ.

Vote: Irish

You laugh but Hess may have clumsily stumbled onto something. I was thinking it was possible that you are a serial killer (maybe Richard Simmons) which would make sense given your earlier approach of trying to be everyones favorite poster.

For anyone who doesn't know a SK is neither town or mafia... they play solo and win only if the town and mafia destroy each other. Typically a SK will try and remain on friendly terms with everyone to avoid being lynched or targeted on a NK. The SK also can submit the name of someone to kill each night phase.

I'm not saying BG is the SK... just that his play thus far is SKesque.

True, but these types of things tend to shake out fairly easily when the results start rolling in for night one, unless there's a successful block or they target the same person, such as when on the first night of the last game I played I was NKed by both of the two mafia teams and the SK... fun times. :biggrin:

Hess, no editing allowed in non administrative posts (vote counts). Just make another post.

As to the ebb & flow of the game, I think the jumpoff from Klecko was interesting. Although the vote for him was not substantiated, the jump off wasn't either.

I voted Irish to get a reaction out of him, and did. His initial subdued response was interesting for the reasons I've stated. He's gotten more agitated as the game has gone along. He did make a perhaps telling mistake in saying that CTM jumped on the Klecko bandwagon when he didn't do anything of the sort.

This is getting ridiculous man and I'm noticing that I can't win with you. You stated initially did you not that you were trying to get an over defensive reaction from me? That didn't come so you went after my "limp dog" entry to the game , something I'm still not quite sure I understand (You never explained to me why my personal life was relevant to this game) and now it's my "agitated" posts?.

As for CTM, he got on the wagon without actually getting on the wagon if that makes sense. Which like I said earlier made him all the more suspicious.

Have to put my vote on you now dude, at least until you clear up what you're actually arguing against me. Pretty irrational thoughts as far as I'm concerned.

Vote: SMC

I find it intersting you two come rushing to his (BG) defense. Can't tell if you're just trying to be helpful or not.

Um...really? I stated plain as day I'm not defending him, but that's how this game is. My post earlier today when I immediately added "sorry...stayed too long on the reply page when i got distracted" is a perfect example of just that.

Um...really? I stated plain as day I'm not defending him, but that's how this game is. My post earlier today when I immediately added "sorry...stayed too long on the reply page when i got distracted" is a perfect example of just that.

Yeah but your asking me to trust you at face value where as I've been clearly coached, and I think even by you, not to trust anyone.

Sure, whatever you say.

You must be proud of yourself... your incessant whining seems to have worked for the time being.

I've seen one other person use that "I'm not playing anymore if I get voted off on day 1" play -- PaulieC over at JI. Funny thing is he was scum that game.

I kind of caught the same thing. Almost seems like he made distinct effort to initially not be his typical self, and the CTM comment is definitely odd. Like I said earlier, the jump off of Kleck is noteworthy and I'm all for getting competing bandwagons going day one. While it may not tell us much now, it sometimes brings more info to light when you come back to it in future days when we start to learn a little more about who is who. Considering I'm the only one on AVM at this point, I'm comfortable making the move to IJ.

Vote: Irish

I feel like I'm missing something here.

The CTM comment, again he did, he absolutely did jump right on board with AVM's reasoning, which I thought was lame. If you guys think it needed a vote, which he stated he was willing to do, to qualify as bandwagoning, then fair enough. I don't, thought it was pretty clear.

I think he meant the advice more experienced players were giving him.

I can't believe I am defending him considering how dooshy his play has been but...

Yeah, but I don't get the whole me asking him to trust me at face value comment either. I wasn't giving him strategy...saying how the game basically is. I gave an example of how I did the EXACT same thing earlier. No one wants to appear scummy. He's just jumping at every thing thus far.

I think he meant the advice more experienced players were giving him.

I can't believe I am defending him considering how dooshy his play has been but...

:D

No, seriously I did just laugh out load a bit there.

Again, as evidence to what I'm talking about.

Trust no one HS... As mentioned earlier an oft used scum tactic is to try and give the impression they are everyones buddy.

But please carry on AVM if you so choose to jump the gun of suspicion. :rolleyes:

:D

No, seriously I did just laugh out load a bit there.

Again, as evidence to what I'm talking about.

But please carry on AVM if you so choose to jump the gun of suspicion. :rolleyes:

Rook, considering how you've jumped the exact same way at everyone...me jumping at coaching when that's a term thrown around all the time concerning noobs on a scum team, was at the very least something worthy of you responding back to. If I'm being unreasonable, then what the heck do you consider your actions?

Rook, considering how you've jumped the exact same way at everyone...me jumping at coaching when that's a term thrown around all the time concerning noobs on a scum team, was at the very least something worthy of you responding back to. If I'm being unreasonable, then what the heck do you consider your actions?

I don't think I've jumped at anyone. Just stating some observations as I've been going along here. Never said you were being unreasonable either.

You must be proud of yourself... your incessant whining seems to have worked for the time being.

I've seen one other person use that "I'm not playing anymore if I get voted off on day 1" play -- PaulieC over at JI. Funny thing is he was scum that game.

Don't be lumping me in with that unemployed, Mod-wannabe dick.

This is getting ridiculous man and I'm noticing that I can't win with you. You stated initially did you not that you were trying to get an over defensive reaction from me? That didn't come so you went after my "limp dog" entry to the game , something I'm still not quite sure I understand (You never explained to me why my personal life was relevant to this game) and now it's my "agitated" posts?.

As for CTM, he got on the wagon without actually getting on the wagon if that makes sense. Which like I said earlier made him all the more suspicious.

Have to put my vote on you now dude, at least until you clear up what you're actually arguing against me. Pretty irrational thoughts as far as I'm concerned.

Vote: SMC

OMGUS votes doesn't help your case.

Personal life relevance? Okay, let me play amateur psychologist here (because that's all we have at the moment).

Irish is aggressive in prior games. He has seemed depressed in off game threads during the late playoff season and thereafter.

A reasonable assumption is that in mafia, players would prefer to be either mafia members, SKs, or roled townies. It makes it more interesting for them rather than being part of the mindless masses.

Considering your prior demeanor off-game, I figured that if you were mafia or roled that that would be a pick-me up. It would get you into the game more, so to speak. For that reason I voted for you and waited for a response.

Your "limp dog" response was telling for me because it made me believe you were a roleless townie. Hey, depressed before, no new interesting role/mafia team now, so depressed again (or, limp dog).

But then you grew agitated thereafter as I didn't unvote. That made me think twice about unvoting. Then there was the CTM point of yours. A distraction tactic perhaps. Now the OMGUS vote.

In a nutshell, I was voting for you to see if we can get by on process of elimination so to speak. Let the new guys run around like chickens without their heads for the time being and lets focus on the vets one-by-one. You were the first vet I thought of.

If not for the request to not vote off rooks day one, he'd have my vote. Fact of the matter is there are holes in everyone elses cases thus far IMO.

That's a pretty dumb rule btw. Fact of the matter is I've been in my home office today and the workload has been light. I've been bored and decided to jump head first into this thing. Vote how you see fit. All I can say is that I am cleary just having fun.

I'm probably ****ing around with people too much which seems to be bothering some and if that's the case, sorry, I'll tone it down.

Thanks for those who have been keeping up with the vote count. I've been pretty busy the past couple of days and dont see that changing anytime soon. That said, I'd greatly appreciate if you dont see me around for a minute to keep it updated so I dont have to to go through 6 pages with all the unvote and voting going on. If I've made mistakes below...please let me know...thanks,

With 15 players, it takes 8 to lynch.

SMC (1) - IJ

Klecko (2) - JVoR, Pac

AVM (1) - Bleedin'

Bleedin (2) - CTM, Vic

Irish (3) - SMC, Slats, BG, Crusher

CTM (1) - Klecko

That's a pretty dumb rule btw. Fact of the matter is I've been in my home office today and the workload has been light. I've been bored and decided to jump head first into this thing. Vote how you see fit. All I can say is that I am cleary just having fun.

I'm probably ****ing around with people too much which seems to be bothering some and if that's the case, sorry, I'll tone it down.

It's not a rule, it's merely a preference. Let the newbie get the fill of the game, kinda idea.

We can certainly vote a newbie off if the opportunity presents itself.

If not for Irish, you'd get my vote.

Take this as "advice" if you wish to or not...but, to step out of mafia for a second, let me share the thing i've learned most in this game. Don't apologize. It's a game. Be yourself and have fun. We all get pissy in this thread at times, heck Pac/CTM and I once went back and forth for 3 days way worse than you and I now, and theres no hard feelings. Just play your game, everyone pisses everyone off...it's part of the fun :P

Now with that out of the way, you suck and I hate you.

Yet your posts somewhat contradict this. Quick question as to why don't you care... Is it b/c you feel more comfortable as 2 people have so quickly "unvoted" you and that the heat now seems to switching over to IJ?

Sudden votes for Kleck and then the quick turnaround to unvote him... seems rather blatant now.

It got the ball rolling on the game, and in the end Kleck isn't going anywhere. Now what is the next phase of the conspirators plan...

Thanks for those who have been keeping up with the vote count. I've been pretty busy the past couple of days and dont see that changing anytime soon. That said, I'd greatly appreciate if you dont see me around for a minute to keep it updated so I dont have to to go through 6 pages with all the unvote and voting going on. If I've made mistakes below...please let me know...thanks,

Slacker. :P lol

It's not a rule, it's merely a preference. Let the newbie get the fill of the game, kinda idea.

We can certainly vote a newbie off if the opportunity presents itself.

If not for Irish, you'd get my vote.

Just want to be clear here, the voting is for people you think are mafia scum?

Sudden votes for Kleck and then the quick turnaround to unvote him... seems rather blatant now.

It got the ball rolling on the game, and in the end Kleck isn't going anywhere. Now what is the next phase of the conspirators plan...

Thank you btw. That is what I've been saying the whole time. WHich is why, I think, some people want me off.

Archived