JN Mafia - The Land of Fat and Happy

JustInFudge

BG, you said a few different people have caught your eye -- only those that jumped off the Klecko train?

Outside of yourself, the fact that when Klecko starting to mount a defense there were some quick jump-offs of people who earlier seemed fairly committed to his guilt seemed a bit odd. Beyond that there's just others who's behavior I find odd. Klecko is acting strange, but that's Kleck for you and I don't suspect him too much yet. CTM I've always got my eye on and early on he seemed trying a little too hard to make some cases based on little, but that's also part of just how he plays regardless of alignment. Consider I've been on a mafia team with him twice before and both times he was a turncoat, so I've got a tough enough time reading him and generally don't trust him one damn bit. Crusher also seems to be acting not quite himself. Honestly, a lot of it is just based on my gut reaction to general things I've read from people.

Part of it I feel like is the people who've played before aren't necessarily "themselves" so to speak, but probably because we're all so long out of practice.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
See.... its these overtly verbose, yet strangely "aw shucks" explanations that you keep giving that have me weary.

You are typically a much more succinct and direct communicator, game or not.

This combined with the early and often noob-friendliness... has garnered my FOS!!!!

This I can actually explain fairly easily. It comes down to one simple thing... I hate being wrong. When I know (or at least strongly believe) I'm right I have no problems being extraordinarily direct and definitive. But when I'm unsure I don't like to commit too strongly, lest I be proven wrong. :biggrin:

This I can actually explain fairly easily. It comes down to one simple thing... I hate being wrong. When I know (or at least strongly believe) I'm right I have no problems being extraordinarily direct and definitive. But when I'm unsure I don't like to commit too strongly, lest I be proven wrong. :biggrin:

**note that I'm not saying this to defend BG or anyone, just a fact of the game**

In this game, being wrong gets you lynched if your a townie. If your scum, it gets you outted. The later and more severe being wrong is, the worse it is for you. Plain and simple

See.... its these overtly verbose, yet strangely "aw shucks" explanations that you keep giving that have me weary.

You are typically a much more succinct and direct communicator, game or not.

This combined with the early and often noob-friendliness... has garnered my FOS!!!!

That's just the game. Everybody is careful to explain themselves so as to not put the FOS on themselves.

If Aten played Mafia, he'd be writing 1000-word posts all of a sudden.

That was last season. This season I was sorta hoping you wouldn;t play.

:rl:

I feel like i can tell more or less who the mafia are by the way they are talking to one another. I think they have obviously set a goal as to confuse the town by attacking each other. Is this not obvious to everyone else. Maybe I'm wrong BUT It will be easy to confirm soon enough I think.

Don't be shy, Hess, tell us who the mafia is! Maybe we can wrap this thing up tonight.

Fair enough point. I guess my consideration was I don't necessarily get the reasoning for his votes, as many seem to have more to it than just day one randomness. Frankly, I don't really get the suspicion and the point being that even if I'm wrong, I doubt its a decision we'd exactly have to live to regret, since I can't see him making it until the end. I'm not overly against voting him, just not particularly inclined to do so at this point.

To an extent I'd agree, Not liking that people are suspicious in a change of charachter if he has like he said played in only one mafia game before. That would be reason enough for a change.

His outburst is pretty much all there is to the case and even that was very Kleckoish, he posts like that in the football forum all the time.

Out of his bandwagon I'd look at CTM. He hopped on that train pretty quickly with pretty much the same lame reasoning that it was created with. Then again I'm always suspicious of that douche, and you.

That's just the game. Everybody is careful to explain themselves so as to not put the FOS on themselves.

Again, this. People read into everything from what position you jump on a train, to whether or not you have a post that sounds similar to someone elses. Mafia is a game of paranoia, the key is to control it and not get wrapped up in elaborate rushes and such (speed lynch, etc)

Just read through the posts today. Klecks outburst was very defensive, almost me like, but if there was an innocent that I'd expect to have that sort of reaction it would be Klecko.

It's tough to build a case this early but I don't like BG's subtle defense of Klecko:

"I have no interest in getting rid of him at this point anyway, because I hardly see him as a threat. No offense Kleck, but given how your day one has gone so far, you're not going to have a lot of influence over people and sooner or later you're going to get killed off, so at this point I don't consider you a particular threat."

Surely this would be an incentive to vote him now, no? As you say BG he's going to get killed sooner or later so what better time than the crapshoot that is day 1, something you always seem keen on empasising. You say he's not a threat but that works both way, he surely wouldn't be much of an assett to the town if he's as bad as you're making out.

Good enough.

BG's always on my radar because I know he's very good at this game.

Also glad to see that things are getting back on track for you at home. I was worried about you. You sounded really bad there for a while.

Scum. :P

To an extent I'd agree, Not liking that people are suspicious in a change of charachter if he has like he said played in only one mafia game before. That would be reason enough for a change.

His outburst is pretty much all there is to the case and even that was very Kleckoish, he posts like that in the football forum all the time.

Out of his bandwagon I'd look at CTM. He hopped on that train pretty quickly with pretty much the same lame reasoning that it was created with. Then again I'm always suspicious of that douche, and you.

CTM jumped on who's bandwagon right away?

CTM jumped on who's bandwagon right away?

He didn't make the vote, which is what I found even more suspicious but he joined what I felt was a pretty weak case against Klecko posting this:

I'm happy to vote klecko for being out of character, as it's something i've noticed as well..

Not going to put him at L-3 though with this many new players and at this time of night. I'll wait and see what he has to say in the morning

Just read through the posts today. Klecks outburst was very defensive, almost me like, but if there was an innocent that I'd expect to have that sort of reaction it would be Klecko.

It's tough to build a case this early but I don't like BG's subtle defense of Klecko:

"I have no interest in getting rid of him at this point anyway, because I hardly see him as a threat. No offense Kleck, but given how your day one has gone so far, you're not going to have a lot of influence over people and sooner or later you're going to get killed off, so at this point I don't consider you a particular threat."

Surely this would be an incentive to vote him now, no? As you say BG he's going to get killed sooner or later so what better time than the crapshoot that is day 1, something you always seem keen on empasising. You say he's not a threat but that works both way, he surely wouldn't be much of an assett to the town if he's as bad as you're making out.

Unless the people that voted for him are all mafia, which is why they set it up to go after him early and then slowly back off. If BG was part of this but whose role was the lone wolf, he would not add to the vote with fear that Kleck might actually get voted off do to this train thing...CTM could be a wildcard in this too, if that was the case.

Am I really that much of an ass hole?

CORRECTED UNOFFICIAL VOTE COUNT

With 15 players, it takes 8 to lynch.

SMC (1) - Pac

Klecko (2) - JVoR, Pac

AVM (1) - Bleedin'

Bleedin (1) - CTM

Vicious (1) - Hess

Irish (1) - SMC

CTM (1) - Klecko

**note that I'm not saying this to defend BG or anyone, just a fact of the game**

In this game, being wrong gets you lynched if your a townie. If your scum, it gets you outted. The later and more severe being wrong is, the worse it is for you. Plain and simple

I find it intersting you two come rushing to his (BG) defense. Can't tell if you're just trying to be helpful or not.

Am I really that much of an ass hole?

SRSLY?

As for the game. The people I'm most leary of right now are BG, CTM and SMC. IJ is showing up a bit more, so I'm less concerned about him but still have a FOS on him. Those 3 are by far the most experienced players and some of the best. Of those 3, I'd say the most out of character out of the 3 of them is BG. Buddying up to the n00bs, subtly defending Kleck, it feels like too much of a "nice guy" type play for a guy who is always very forthright in his opinions and doesn't care as to who it annoys. His vote for AVM feels like a way to try and build more confusion for the town. For that I'll cast my vote for now

Vote: BG

Unless the people that voted for him are all mafia, which is why they set it up to go after him early and then slowly back off. If BG was part of this but whose role was the lone wolf, he would not add to the vote with fear that Kleck might actually get voted off do to this train thing...CTM could be a wildcard in this too, if that was the case.

lone wolf?

Nice post IJ... Has me feeling fine with a vote change to BG if it comes to that.

As most have pointed out there's not a whole heck of a lot to go by on day one which is why I'm fine voting for someone who is acting suspicious (even mildly suspicious). We're not going to start being able to make educated guesses until there is a night cylce or two and with my short attention span I've never been a fan of the week long day 1's.

I think he's suggested that CTM or I may be a one-man wolfpack.

Actually, just saying I find it weird how both you and CTM are both "eyeing" Kleck yet neither of you would actually vote him.

The more I think about how Kleck is such a focal point here the more I am beginning to think him as scum. Who's actually part of this I'm not sure but just keeping notes. And as I keep them maybe I shouldn't be so vocal about it, but it's easy to see as I woiuld guess it is the people who attack back first.

Actually, just saying I find it weird how both you and CTM are both "eyeing" Kleck yet neither of you would actually vote him.

The more I think about how Kleck is such a focal point here the more I am beginning to think him as scum. Who's actually part of this I'm not sure but just keeping notes. And as I keep them maybe I shouldn't be so vocal about it, but it's easy to see as I woiuld guess it is the people who attack back first.

So much for nuance. :rolleyes:

I think he's suggested that CTM or I may be a one-man wolfpack.

You laugh but Hess may have clumsily stumbled onto something. I was thinking it was possible that you are a serial killer (maybe Richard Simmons) which would make sense given your earlier approach of trying to be everyones favorite poster.

For anyone who doesn't know a SK is neither town or mafia... they play solo and win only if the town and mafia destroy each other. Typically a SK will try and remain on friendly terms with everyone to avoid being lynched or targeted on a NK. The SK also can submit the name of someone to kill each night phase.

I'm not saying BG is the SK... just that his play thus far is SKesque.

read my post #419. Although you seem awfully ****y all the sudden.

EDIT: LOL it wouldn't let me say c0cky?

Hess, no editing allowed in non administrative posts (vote counts). Just make another post.

As to the ebb & flow of the game, I think the jumpoff from Klecko was interesting. Although the vote for him was not substantiated, the jump off wasn't either.

I voted Irish to get a reaction out of him, and did. His initial subdued response was interesting for the reasons I've stated. He's gotten more agitated as the game has gone along. He did make a perhaps telling mistake in saying that CTM jumped on the Klecko bandwagon when he didn't do anything of the sort.

Hess, no editing allowed in non administrative posts (vote counts). Just make another post.

As to the ebb & flow of the game, I think the jumpoff from Klecko was interesting. Although the vote for him was not substantiated, the jump off wasn't either.

I voted Irish to get a reaction out of him, and did. His initial subdued response was interesting for the reasons I've stated. He's gotten more agitated as the game has gone along. He did make a perhaps telling mistake in saying that CTM jumped on the Klecko bandwagon when he didn't do anything of the sort.

So your saying that the votes for Klecko didn;t get a reaction? Most day 1 votes are to get reactions and I too noticed Irish Jets miss speak.

Sorry. My edit was that the site wouldn't let me say ****y which I found funny for some reason. Won't happen again...:D

Archived