Pats pick up 4 compensatory picks....

JonEJet

Three third rounders??!!!!!

Yeah what I said last week about certain teams being given preferential treatment by the NFL front offices certainly doesn't hold true. It's all on the up and up :rolleyes:

I would love to see the breakdown of how they came to the conclusion that New England should get three third rounders. Honestly, why do we even have compensatory picks if they are this open to interpretation?

Adam_Schefter

New England was granted four compensatory picks - one in the sixth round and three in the third. about 1 hour ago via UberTwitter

This for losing the following players

jabar Gaffney Heath Evans LaMont Jordan and long snapper Lonie Paxton

YOU HAVE TO BE F-ING KIDDING ME:rolleyes:

The only thing we can hope is they continue their incompotence on draft day.

Roger Goodell is seriously the worst thing to ever happen to the NFL.

He is the NFL's David Stern. Hopefully the guy is out on his ass before he ruins the NFL, the way Stern ruined the NBA. He has introduced an obvious bias in favor of certain franchise(s), and a culture that WILL eventually lead to the level corruption that the NBA is mired in.

Looks like it was a typo. Thank God, otherwise Goodell may as well have gotten out the kneepads.

Adam_Schefter

Correction: New England was granted four compensatory picks - one in the sixth round and three in the seventh round.

so how many draft picks do they have now? maybe it'll be like last year when they didn't even sign all of their draft picks.

He is the NFL's David Stern. Hopefully the guy is out on his ass before he ruins the NFL, the way Stern ruined the NBA. He has introduced an obvious bias in favor of certain franchise(s), and a culture that WILL eventually lead to the level corruption that the NBA is mired in.

Not only that, he's just obviously more concerned about doing whatever it takes to squeeze as much money out of the fans as possible.

When was the last time the league did something that you were in favor of?

I mean think about it

-They moved the draft from Saturday to Thursday night.

-The insisting of having games across seas.

-The ridiculous rule changes because of Brady getting hurt.

-Obvious officiating favoritism

Really? :rl:

Adam_Schefter

New England was granted four compensatory picks - one in the sixth round and three in the third. about 1 hour ago via UberTwitter

This for losing the following players

jabar Gaffney Heath Evans LaMont Jordan and long snapper Lonie Paxton

YOU HAVE TO BE F-ING KIDDING ME:rolleyes:

Looks like it was a typo. Thank God, otherwise Goodell may as well have gotten out the kneepads.

Adam_Schefter

Correction: New England was granted four compensatory picks - one in the sixth round and three in the seventh round.

LOL.

That's a big screw up by Schefter.

That would have been the ultimate heist.

Really? :rl:

David Stern turned the NBA into a star-driven league with pre-determined outcomes based upon TV ratings and bad (or fixed) officiating (cheating).

This is the exact path the NFL has begun heading down under Goodell.

TV ratings have driven the interest in extra Thursday and Saturday games. In addition to the re-arranging of the draft.

As for the cheating, need I remind you that Goodell is the one that "burned the evidence" of BB's cheating?

Well, they only got a 3rd rounder for losing Asante Samuels so I assume the corrected version is accurate because they guys they lost this year are nobodies. 7th rounders don't mean anything. There are stats out there showing how often 7th rounders become starters, the picks are barely useful at all.

Still don't know why the Jets never got anything for Vilma. I mean I know the heist NO put on them with the no-extension then re-sign. But that was BS. Why no picks there?

Because the Jets traded Vilma.

You only get comp picks when a FA from your team is signed by another.

Why do they get picks for not resigning players? This system is ridiculous. What is free agency if not an opportunity for players to sign elsewhere, and I am so sick of franchise tagging and restricted free agency. You have a contract or you don't. You extend a player or they hit the market, it's simple.

The new OT rule change is stupid, if you didn't get it done in regulation then anything can happen; live with it. If they stop letting corners and safeties hit receivers until after they made the reception they are attempting to make then that will be the ultimate f-up. Watching football and playing madden; hitting receivers before they've secured the ball is almost as good as the feeling of punching quaterbacks in the mouth. If the ball is in play then anything short of a blatant attempt to injure another player is free game. Receivers won't need muscles in the future, they will just be track stars who try to run out of bounds as soon as they make catches. Goodell is the worst!

In the future, quaterbacks and receivers will wear pads three feet thick to keep safe, and nfl scores will be higher then the arena league. Scoring touchdowns will be like scoring lacrosse goals. There will be no need for a running game, and offensive linemen will be replace by sumo wrestlers who stand side-by-side and create a 20plus foot wall of security for all the NFL's Tom Brady's. Heyward-Bey may one day be realized as the greatest pick of the 2009 draft.

I want a physical, fast, and wild football. Goodell you are enemy number one, and with him in charge football will be taking 2011 off.

Archived