Poor Doc...he can't seem to right the ship

NIGHT STALKER

Former Mets and Yankee ace Dwight "Doc" Gooden was busted for DWI in New Jersey with a kid in his car after cops responded to a 911 call of a car accident involving two cars.

Gooden, 45, was arrested Tuesday in Franklin Lakes at about 8:50 a.m. after getting into the crash while under the influence of drugs, Deadspin.com reported.

Gooden, who has previously served time behind bars on a cocaine conviction, was released on his own recognizance.

The Mets invited Gooden to spring training this season to serve as an advisor.

Cops said Gooden was arrested and charged with multiple crimes including,

driving while under the influence of drugs,

being under the Influence of a controlled dangerous substance,

endangering the welfare of a child,

DWI with a child passenger,

leaving the scene of a motor vehicle accident,

reckless driving,

failure to keep right and

failure to notify change of address regarding driver's license.

Gooden has a storied history of substance abuse dating back to his playing days in the late '80s.

In 1986, Gooden was arrested and pleaded no contest to battery on an officer and resisting arrest with violence after scuffle with Tampa police officers; sentenced to three years' probation

A year later, he tested positive for cocaine at training camp and goes to drug rehab for 28 days.

In 1992, Gooden was one of three players accused of raping 31-year-old woman a year earlier at a home he rented for training camp. The charge is later dropped

Two years later, he was suspended for 60 days after violating drug program by failing two drug tests. he later checked into Betty Ford Center, but failed more tests after returning. As a result, Major League Baseball's executive committee suspended him for the 1995 season

In 2002, Gooden pleaded guilty to reduced charge of reckless driving after he was arrested in Tampa. A year later, he was busted for driving with a suspended license after a traffic stop in Tampa.

Former Mets and Yankee ace Dwight "Doc" Gooden was busted for DWI in New Jersey with a kid in his car after cops responded to a 911 call of a car accident involving two cars.

Gooden, 45, was arrested Tuesday in Franklin Lakes at about 8:50 a.m. after getting into the crash while under the influence of drugs, Deadspin.com reported.

Gooden, who has previously served time behind bars on a cocaine conviction, was released on his own recognizance.

The Mets invited Gooden to spring training this season to serve as an advisor.

Cops said Gooden was arrested and charged with multiple crimes including,

driving while under the influence of drugs,

being under the Influence of a controlled dangerous substance,

endangering the welfare of a child,

DWI with a child passenger,

leaving the scene of a motor vehicle accident,

reckless driving,

failure to keep right and

failure to notify change of address regarding driver's license.

Gooden has a storied history of substance abuse dating back to his playing days in the late '80s.

In 1986, Gooden was arrested and pleaded no contest to battery on an officer and resisting arrest with violence after scuffle with Tampa police officers; sentenced to three years' probation

A year later, he tested positive for cocaine at training camp and goes to drug rehab for 28 days.

In 1992, Gooden was one of three players accused of raping 31-year-old woman a year earlier at a home he rented for training camp. The charge is later dropped

Two years later, he was suspended for 60 days after violating drug program by failing two drug tests. he later checked into Betty Ford Center, but failed more tests after returning. As a result, Major League Baseball's executive committee suspended him for the 1995 season

In 2002, Gooden pleaded guilty to reduced charge of reckless driving after he was arrested in Tampa. A year later, he was busted for driving with a suspended license after a traffic stop in Tampa.

smart job Mets

It is a shame.

His 1985 seasons is one of the top ten best pitching performances for a season in MLB history. And he did it as a 20 year old.

I didn't start watching baseball 'til 1987 but looking at the numbers I've always said Guidry in '78 and Doc in '85 are probably the two best seasons in the modern era. JMO.

I didn't start watching baseball 'til 1987 but looking at the numbers I've always said Guidry in '78 and Doc in '85 are probably the two best seasons in the modern era. JMO.

Gibson's 1968 (the year before they lowered the mound) was amazing -a 1.12 ERA. Both Pedro and Maddux had seasons that belong up there.

I am sure I am leaving out some old timers

Gibson's 1968 (the year before they lowered the mound) was amazing -a 1.12 ERA. Both Pedro and Maddux had seasons that belong up there.

The best pitcher I ever "saw" (I have that in quotes because he's not someone I whipped out stats to find out about him) was without a doubt, Sandy Koufax. I would give him the ball any time...the guy was just that great and I usually don't throw out compliments to the opposition.

Arthritic elbo made an early exit for him...too bad, he was a pleasure to watch. I can think of two players, one in baseball and one in football who had relatively short careers and still made the HOF because people just recognized how they dominated...Gayle Sayers and Sandy Koufax.

The best pitcher I ever "saw" (I have that in quotes because he's not someone I whipped out stats to find out about him) was without a doubt, Sandy Koufax. I would give him the ball any time...the guy was just that great and I usually don't throw out compliments to the opposition.

Arthritic elbo made an early exit for him...too bad, he was a pleasure to watch. I can think of two players, one in baseball and one in football who had relatively short careers and still made the HOF because people just recognized how they dominated...Gayle Sayers and Sandy Koufax.

It would be hard to imagine 4 more dominant seasons strung together that Koufax's '63-'66

Denny Mclain won 30 games...lol..until the bookies broke his leg and he hurt his shoulder after that..another loser. at least gambling wasnt a substance that he was addicted to.

Archived