McNabb to the Redskins!!

gg

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
McNabb has gotten his team to a Super Bowl and five conference championship games. The Eagles have been contenders since the day he was named starter. They willingly traded him to a division rival and a coach who has made a career of coaching up old QBs.

Comparing the McNabb situation with the Eagles to the Pennington situation with the Jets is like comparing apples to spark plugs. These are not remotely close to being the same situations.

Truth.

Chad -- 34 on June 26

McNabb -- 34 on November 25

Career Regular Season Record

Chad -- 43-37 (.537)*

McNabb -- 92-49-1 (.651)

*McNabb has more career victories (92) than Chad has career starts (80).

Championship Game Appearances

Chad -- 0

McNabb -- 5

SB Appearances

Chad -- 0

McNabb -- 1

Pro Bowls

Chad -- 0

McNabb -- 6

McNabb was--and still is--in a different league of QB than Chad Pennington.

I really hope McNabb gives them hell twice a year, Philly always treated him like sh!t.

QFT. From the day he was drafted, he never stood a chance with those morons. This will come back to bite them is the ass. I guess Brett coming back for another season is a slam dunk now.

Adam Scefter was saying this morning that the Eagles traded McNabb to Washington because that is where he wanted to go. They didn't want to trade him to either Buffalo or Oakland because McNabb didn't want to go to either of those places. The destination (despite being in the division) was out of respect for McNabb.

I don't know if you let that type of player face you 2x a year regardless of where he wants to play and whatever respect you have for that player...

There is an article on Yahoo (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-mcnabbtrade040410) That suggests that McNabb was saying that he would retire before going to a team he didn't want to go to. So Philly was faced with a situation of possibly getting nothing at all. To me this story sounds more plausible then the "out of respect" angle.

This is not the way you treat the face of your franchise for the past 10+years. Just because a kid throws for three hundered yards in his first two starts, that all of a sudden should not make your franchise quarterback expendable....

He was never liked in Phila and he has an impressive career there. I believe he leads the eagles in TDs, yards and wins. He is hated and Jaws is loved... Go figure

While I am in DC I am loyal to my Jets, but I will root for the skins this year is when they play the eagles....

I feel bad for Jason Campbell. He was never given a fair shake in Washington. Give him an o-line. Give him some weapons out wide. Give him a decent running game. They never did any of these things with Campbell. Will he ever be a superstar? I doubt it, but I have no doubt that he can be a successful NFL starter if they give him a little help, which the Redskins never did.

Surprising that they traded McNabb within the division, but honestly, they weren't going to win anything substantial with Donovan anyway. He's a choke artist. He's black Pennington, except in crunch time, he doesn't throw pick sixes, he just skips rocks at an imaginary pond beneath the intended WRs feet. If Kolb ends up being good, it's a great move for the Eagles. I still see them in 4th place, though, and QB play is not the reason. It just nails their coffin shut.

Truth.

Chad -- 34 on June 26

McNabb -- 34 on November 25

Career Regular Season Record

Chad -- 43-37 (.537)*

McNabb -- 92-49-1 (.651)

*McNabb has more career victories (92) than Chad has career starts (80).

Championship Game Appearances

Chad -- 0

McNabb -- 5

SB Appearances

Chad -- 0

McNabb -- 1

Pro Bowls

Chad -- 0

McNabb -- 6

McNabb was--and still is--in a different league of QB than Chad Pennington.

McNabb was also 59 & 21 in his first 5 years about a 12 & 4 pace. He peaked in accuaracy in 04 and has been winning at a 9 & 7 pace every since including being injury prone and not all that accurate for a WCO QB.

THe Jets traded Joe Namath and while at the time it was painful, it was still at least a year to late.

So you would have been thrilled if the Jets traded him for picks after the 06 campaign I assume?

You can go through my post history. I for one would have done a cartwheel down the entire length of Broadway butt ass nekked if they traded Pennington in 06. The guy was a fraud from the moment of his first playoff game against OAK.

I don't think trading within the division is that big of a deal. If you honestly think the compensation you are getting is worth more than what you are giving you are getting double score by weakening a division rival while strengthening your own team. I'm not saying that Philly got the better of this deal, but all the talk about Philly being morons and the 'skins being smart is kind of funny. For the love of God, they are already shopping Haynesworth.

You can go through my post history. I for one would have done a cartwheel down the entire length of Broadway butt ass nekked if they traded Pennington in 06. The guy was a fraud from the moment of his first playoff game against OAK.

This is true. Man was completely exposed that day. He's had the injury excuse since, but it became obvious during that game that Pennington is a QB who could only take you so far. A guy who'll beat who he's supposed to beat, and come up small against superior competition.

Archived