McNabb to the Redskins!!

gg

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, but both Kolb and Vick have to suck at the same time for Philly to be without a good QB. Vick has a cannon arm and Philly has receivers that can go deep. It could work.

philly has talent all over the team except at QB

if they could merge Kolb and Vick into 1 QB they'd be set

but Kolb will take atleast 2 years to develop into a good QB

Philly fans are a joke. They boo McNabb year in and year out. McNabb is a beast quarterback that puts up damn near 3,500 yards per year. Instead of dumping pass happy Andy Reid they keep Reid and get rid of McNabb?.. especially into the same division?.. O.K personally Ditka made a move a sold his whole draft for Sticky Williams, thats number 1 number 2 would be the Portland Trailblazers taking Sam Bowie instead of Micheal Jordan, number 3 is the bum a*s Eagles trading McNabb within the division for who?... Kolb? hahahahahahaa

I really like what the Eagles are doing. Kolb's going into a pretty decent situation for a young QB. If they grab an OL (maybe TE) and a big RB, they're set on offense. Then they just attack their needs on D.

You like what their doing?

Your not looking at the big picture. They have a pass happy OC in Andy Reid who has neglected the running game since he's been there. Now they can McNabb for Kolb and all the sudden what?, their going to be a running team? with who?.. broken down Westbrook or mini man Lashon McCoy? Please!, that team is a joke and they just bought themselves 10 years in the basement.

That team is a joke, that GM is a joke and personally anyone who thinks they made good moves are a joke. I think people forget how hard it is to find a starting quarterback in this league.

That team is a joke, that GM is a joke and personally anyone who thinks they made good moves are a joke. I think people forget how hard it is to find a starting quarterback in this league.

Remember when that dope Tanenbaum cut Pennington and he was snapped up by the Dolphins. Set us back 10 years.

or like how we took Curtis Martin from N.E....I think we got the better end of that deal.

NE won 3 SB and we were strapped for cash and handcuffed for years. Curtis Martin was a solid above average player for us who killed the teams flexability for years.

Rogers is one of the best.

GB felt strongly he would be so they let BF walk.

Just sayin Philly must feel the same way about Kolb thet GB felt with Rogers.

They got more for McNabb than GB got for BF so if Kolb is who they think he is they did well.

I think Kolb played 3 games last year. I thought he played well. 2-1

No, I think this is a very different situation.

About a month or so ago, Andy Reid scoffed at the very notion of trading McNabb, saying something to the effect of "as long as I am here, Donovan will be our QB."

I got a funny feeling Reid was told that if he insisted on keeping McNabb, he would get next year to prove himself and that he would need to at least make it to the Super Bowl to keep his job, but that if he agreed to let McNabb go and make Kolb the starter, it would get him at least two more years.

Sometimes teams have to move on to move forward. The Jets had to and the only value we got was we moved on, big payback. The Eagles at least got something tangible.

How did cutting Pennington lose set the Jets back 10 years?

If anything, quite the opposite is true. We were cutting the albatross from around our necks.

How did cutting Pennington lose set the Jets back 10 years?

If anything, quite the opposite is true. We were cutting the albatross from around our necks.

Which makes getting nothing for him and allowing him to go to an in division opponent great value and a win win. Imagine if we could have unloaded him to the Dolphins gotten a second and gotten the Dolphins to sign him to a cap killing long term deal.

Which makes getting nothing for him and allowing him to go to an in division opponent great value and a win win.

We weren't getting anything for him under any circumstances. We didn't allow him to do anything. We traded for Brett Favre, which was a massive upgrade, and cut him. When you cut someone you have no control over where they can sign.

Pennington was choking the life out of this team. As long as he was a Jet they could never move forward. Cutting Pennington didn't cost us 10 years, it saved us 10 years - and added about 10 to my life.

We weren't getting anything for him under any circumstances. We didn't allow him to do anything. We traded for Brett Favre, which was a massive upgrade, and cut him. When you cut someone you have no control over where they can sign.

Pennington was choking the life out of this team. As long as he was a Jet they could never move forward. Cutting Pennington didn't cost us 10 years, it saved us 10 years - and added about 10 to my life.

So you would have been thrilled if the Jets traded him for picks after the 06 campaign I assume?

Yet McNabb who is going to be 34 with 1 year left on his deal is unloaded for a 2nd and you think Reid is off his rocker for getting a great pick in a deep draft?

McNabb has gotten his team to a Super Bowl and five conference championship games. The Eagles have been contenders since the day he was named starter. They willingly traded him to a division rival and a coach who has made a career of coaching up old QBs.

Comparing the McNabb situation with the Eagles to the Pennington situation with the Jets is like comparing apples to spark plugs. These are not remotely close to being the same situations.

You dont trade a quarterback to a division rival is bull****.

You guys keep saying that but cant back it up.

Bledsoe to Buff didnt work out so bad for N.E.

Bottom line is Eagles got high draft picks for an aging injury prone QB.

So all of a sudden Shanahan is a freakin personel genius and fleeced Reid?

Give me a break.

With Mcnabb, Westbrook others gone it is clear they are rebuilding and will benefit from the picks.

McNabb has gotten his team to a Super Bowl and five conference championship games. The Eagles have been contenders since the day he was named starter. They willingly traded him to a division rival and a coach who has made a career of coaching up old QBs.

Comparing the McNabb situation with the Eagles to the Pennington situation with the Jets is like comparing apples to spark plugs. These are not remotely close to being the same situations.

McNabbs last year in the Pro Bowl was in 04. He has been injury prone since 04. The Eagles have gotten deep in the playoffs when they had top defensive teams. The Eagles were in position last year to have home field advantage in the playoffs against an all Dome Team opposition when McNabb was awfull in back to back games against a division rival.

The Eagles have to move on or be forced to pay a huge load of money to keep an old injury prone but solid veteran around for another couple of runs with a team that always fell short when they had the goods. It's time for them to reload and they have their young QB on the team and a vet back up. This is a value move that may be a year early but it's certainly not a crazy move.

He may make the Redskins a contender for 1 or 2 years but maybe not and if the Eagles are in fact reloading that's may actually be good for them in the long run.

The idea that an old QB can't be replaced is nonesense and the idea that this is a crazy move to send him to a divisional rival is nonesense. Value is value and both teams got what they consider value.

McNabb, a proven franchise QB, for a 2nd and a 4th.

Sorta gives me the impression that we totally robbed Arizona in the Rhodes, an average safety with significant selfish non-football distractions, trade no?

Agree 100%

But the "whoa is me" Jets fans always need to turn everything that takes place in the NFL, no matter how unrelated to the Jets it is, into a misaligned argument over how it impacts or mirrors the trials and tribulations of the Jets.

What can you do... some people masquerade their propensity to bitch like women as being "football fans."

My mouth is still agape reading that, McNabb is a franchise QB, all he's worth to them is a 2nd round opick and a whack ass 3rd or 4th next year? LAME!!!! That's like the Patriots trading Brady to the JETS.

Bite your tounge.

Looks like Oaklands 2011 1st round pick will still be a top 3.

Agree 100%

But the "whoa is me" Jets fans always need to turn everything that takes place in the NFL, no matter how unrelated to the Jets it is, into a misaligned argument over how it impacts or mirrors the trials and tribulations of the Jets.

What can you do... some people masquerade their propensity to bitch like women as being "football fans."

Both teams wanted to move on and unloaded their starting QB's for their proper value. That is not bitching that's just the reality of the marketplace.

Adam Scefter was saying this morning that the Eagles traded McNabb to Washington because that is where he wanted to go. They didn't want to trade him to either Buffalo or Oakland because McNabb didn't want to go to either of those places. The destination (despite being in the division) was out of respect for McNabb.

I don't know if you let that type of player face you 2x a year regardless of where he wants to play and whatever respect you have for that player...

i hope McNabb wins a couple SB's in washington, i hate when Philly fans started to disrepected him.

I hope the Jets win a couple of SBs.

I think Philly dissed McNabb, but I'm not rooting for him to win a SB. F--ck Shanahan and Dan Snyder.

Archived