McNabb to the Redskins!!

gg

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Adam_Schefter

Filed to ESPN: Mcnabb to Redskins for 2nd-rd pick this year and either a 3 or 4 next year depending on certain conditions.

My mouth is still agape reading that, McNabb is a franchise QB, all he's worth to them is a 2nd round opick and a whack ass 3rd or 4th next year? LAME!!!! That's like the Patriots trading Brady to the JETS.

WOW compensation must be ridiculous if the Eagles agreed to trade him within the division... Washington definitely gave up WAAAY too much for him.

Nah, this is just the best the Eagles could do.

They obviously don't think much of McNabb, and/or think very highly of Kolb.

Clearly they're looking to the future. If they were going to stick with McNabb this season, they were going to lose Kolb. Both their contracts are up at the end of 2010. This way, they get a valuable pick in a great draft now, and begin the Kolb era.

I'm withholding judgement. I'm thinking Reid might be dumb as a fox here.

I live in Philly.... Trust me guys, don't listen to the national media. McNabb's time is over in Philly.... The team went as far as they are going to go with him, and the fans want him gone...

I'm surprised they traded him to DC, but all that tells me is that the Eagles really didn't think much of him...

Kolb>McNabb

I cant believe they traded a franchise QB for a 2nd round pick and a 4th next year. McNabb isnt worth more than a measly 2nd. Andy Reid and the Eagles FO must be high or drunk.

This is all McNabb is worth. Since his legs aren't the same, he's not the same player. I wouldn't have paid a 2nd for McNabb.

I cant believe they traded a franchise QB for a 2nd round pick and a 4th next year. McNabb isnt worth more than a measly 2nd. Andy Reid and the Eagles FO must be high or drunk.

Now you've got me totally confused.

Is it just me, or are the Eagles having a G-d-awful offseason?

You don't trade a franchise QB to a division rival! :face:

McNabb is no longer a franchise QB. Still good, but not for 11.2M this year. With all this trade talk, there was no way he was sticking around after this year, and they figured get something.

Now you've got me totally confused.

Im sorry typo. I think he's worth a pick and a player(s). Franchise QBs dont grow on trees. I hope the Redskins obliterate them x2 this season.

Im sorry typo. I think he's worth a pick and a player(s). Franchise QBs dont grow on trees. I hope the Redskins obliterate them x2 this season.

I agree about trading him within the divsion, howver McNabb is no longer a franchise player. He would have been gone after next season without a doubt. At least they are getting something for him now unlike SD with Turner.

I live in Philly.... Trust me guys, don't listen to the national media. McNabb's time is over in Philly.... The team went as far as they are going to go with him, and the fans want him gone...

I'm surprised they traded him to DC, but all that tells me is that the Eagles really didn't think much of him...

Kolb>McNabb

Based on...???

I cant believe they traded a franchise QB for a 2nd round pick and a 4th next year. McNabb is worth more than a measly 2nd. Andy Reid and the Eagles FO must be high or drunk.

Good points. McNabb in my opinion is still in his prime. However, he is 34 years old. The stupid thing is trading him in the division. How stupid can you guys seriously be?

Laugh if you want, but I feel like that division is up for grabs.

The Eagles went from a legit contender to having the 4th worst QB situation in their own division. What are they thinking?

This.

Giants have Eli Manning - Super Bowl winner.

Cowboys have Tony Romo coming off his best year.

Redskins have McNabb as their starter and Jason Campbell and Rex Grossman, a guy who once got a team to a Super Bowl, as their backups.

Eagles have a washed up Michael Vick and an unknown quantity in Kevin Kolb.

How anyone thinks this is a good trade is beyond me.

McNabb started to look old last year.

I see it as a similar situation as Green Bay had with Farve / Rogers.

Keep the veteran and possibly ruin the younger players developement.

Kolb will be good. I think he was picked 36th overall so they must like him.

I think Eagles did well to get picks and move foward.

Green Bay never traded Favre to the Vikings though.

McNabb's best years are behind him, but is more than serviceable and a definate step-up from Campbell. If I were him, I'd be relieved to be leaving a town and organization that never recognized his value. Snyder better keep spending to bolster that O-Line though.

Are they going to split TE's with Cooley adn Davis this year? I'm already thinking about the fantasy implications here, and baseball just started!

Rogers >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kolb

And it ain't close.

Archived