Well looky looky!!!!!

khesanh

Dolphins looking at Adalius Thomas

By Mark J. Miller

ept_sports_rumors-400797842-1272541704_thumb.jpg?ymIYwDDDopGo8WyCThe New England Patriots released 11-year-veteran linebacker Adalius Thomas the other day and the rumor is that he wants payback, according to the Miami Herald. Thomas supposedly would like to join a team that plays the Pats twice this season, a request the Miami Dolphins can help him out with.

It's not clear the Dolphins will make an offer for Thomas, who is likely wanting some big dollars from whatever team he signs with, but the team is certainly planning to discuss the possibility and do a bunch of research to see if he would fit the team's plans for next year.

The 32-year-old two-time Pro Bowler has been on one Super Bowl champion club and was the 1999 Liberty Bowl MVP when he was playing for the Southern Mississippi Golden Eagles, where he also played basketball. Last year, he was involved with 34 tackles and three of those were sacks.

Follow Yahoo! Sports Rumors on Twitter at @markjmill.

Source: Miami Heraldnewwin12_1.gif

Dolphins looking at Adalius Thomas

By Mark J. Miller

ept_sports_rumors-400797842-1272541704_thumb.jpg?ymIYwDDDopGo8WyCThe New England Patriots released 11-year-veteran linebacker Adalius Thomas the other day and the rumor is that he wants payback, according to the Miami Herald. Thomas supposedly would like to join a team that plays the Pats twice this season, a request the Miami Dolphins can help him out with.

It's not clear the Dolphins will make an offer for Thomas, who is likely wanting some big dollars from whatever team he signs with, but the team is certainly planning to discuss the possibility and do a bunch of research to see if he would fit the team's plans for next year.

The 32-year-old two-time Pro Bowler has been on one Super Bowl champion club and was the 1999 Liberty Bowl MVP when he was playing for the Southern Mississippi Golden Eagles, where he also played basketball. Last year, he was involved with 34 tackles and three of those were sacks.

Follow Yahoo! Sports Rumors on Twitter at @markjmill.

Source: Miami Heraldnewwin12_1.gif

I really hope your username is referring to what I think it's referring to.

What makes you think that?

Because hes one of Rexs guys. They know and like each other. That goes miles in the NFL.

Who does he know in Miami? Will Parcells give him the Taylor treatment if things go south? Look at Joey Porter.

So, he asks for dollars that nobody is willing pay, so he can sign with the Jets for less later. He doesnt have to sign today. Hes on reserve just like Roman Phifer and Junior Seau were for NE.

Thomas is an over rated football player who has been inconsistent for the majority of his career. He never panned out in NE and now that hes 32 I dont see much of a future for him going forward. Let the Phins have him.

Taylor is still fast and in great shape which means he will fit much better in our blitzing defense ( in pass rushing situations) than the slow Thomas will. We dont need oversized OLB in this defense we need fast ones. The big boys play in the middle. Also I think Taylor hates the Pats just as much as Thomas does so that bullcrap wont get him signed.

If we have to sign another player I would like us to look hard at John Henderson for DE Imagine him lining up aganist LT's and O-lines having to deal with him and Jenkins. Then we can finally dump Goldston and use Devito as a rotating back up to keep the guys fresh and Pohua to spell Jenkins. This move IMO would make us Elite on Defense. The way to beat Peyton Manning is to break down the pocket up the middle and flush him out. This would be the perfect scenario. There is not one team in the AFC that scares me at all when it comes to the road to the SB except the Colts.

Because hes one of Rexs guys. They know and like each other. That goes miles in the NFL.

Who does he know in Miami? Will Parcells give him the Taylor treatment if things go south? Look at Joey Porter.

So, he asks for dollars that nobody is willing pay, so he can sign with the Jets for less later. He doesnt have to sign today. Hes on reserve just like Roman Phifer and Junior Seau were for NE.

Mike Nolan is our D-Coordinator. Mike Nolan coached Thomas for 3 years as his D-Coordinator in Baltimore. It's been said when Nolan left to become the HC of the 9er's he coveted Adalius Thomas but wasn't able to sign him.

If we have to sign another player I would like us to look hard at John Henderson for DE Imagine him lining up aganist LT's and O-lines having to deal with him and Jenkins.

Why haven't we signed Henderson yet? The guy just...fits...I mean he does with alot of teams but ours is cooler.

Archived