Benedict Arnold to Wear #95

crashingjet

Sure to be a hot seller.

Former Miami Dolphins star Jason Taylor will not be wearing his longtime No. 99 with the New York Jets.

Because No. 99 was taken by Jets linebacker Bryan Thomas, Taylor will wear No. 95 in honor of former Dolphins teammate Tim Bowens.

"Timbo was one of my all-time favorites," Taylor said. "He's the most unselfish, underrated teammate I've ever had."

Taylor was excused Monday from the Jets' first day of organized team activities while he attended a previously scheduled charity event in Florida. He was scheduled to make his first appearance with the team Tuesday.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/sfl-jason-taylor-jets-number-95,0,4887950.story

Why does everyone keep saying this jersey is going to be a big seller?

Outside of a few knuckleheads who's gonna buy this?

Actually dude i think he was being facetious. I would be surprised if they sell a single one. Honestly? Who the hell would buy his jersey.

Actually dude i think he was being facetious. I would be surprised if they sell a single one. Honestly? Who the hell would buy his jersey.

Don't know what CJ's intentions were but I know when the deal went down a few people said his jersey would be a big seller as well.

Don't know what CJ's intentions were but I know when the deal went down a few people said his jersey would be a big seller as well.

Really? To who? Just makes no sense. Unless theirs a much larger "Dancing with the stars" contingency in NY than I thought.

I know one guy who will buy it and he is a phag fan. He told me if Parcells aloud Taylor to go to the Jets he would buy his jersey and be a Jet fan twice a year whilehe watched Taylor destroy the phags...lets hope he is right

I know one guy who will buy it and he is a phag fan. He told me if Parcells aloud Taylor to go to the Jets he would buy his jersey and be a Jet fan twice a year whilehe watched Taylor destroy the phags...lets hope he is right

Terrible. I think Jet fans should agree to biitch slap anyone in a Taylor jersey. Just seems right.

Why does everyone keep saying this jersey is going to be a big seller?

Outside of a few knuckleheads who's gonna buy this?

Outside of the rabid fanbase on message boards and in the stadium, there is a casual fanbase that either doesn't get the Taylor hatred or doesn't care, or doesn't understand fanbase loyalty.

When I was stationed in Saudi Arabia, I met this guy that was from upstate NY and rooted for all four AFC East teams. He said the Jets were his second team after the Bills. I wanted to throw him off a balcony.

And yeah, still can't believe the Continental Army told Benedict Arnold they weren't interested in his services and let the British scoop him up.

Read a ****in book.

You should read a book or two yourself. I wouldn't call the guy a traitor, but switching sides is the point. He was an opportunist who wasn't very good at getting away with it. It was a decent analogy. He did some brave and good things, got bitter, got screwed - kinda - and then went all Hamlet-I-Can't-Decide. Benedict Arnold is in the AMERICAN lexicon for a reason. People hate a flip-flopper.

Outside of the rabid fanbase on message boards and in the stadium, there is a casual fanbase that either doesn't get the Taylor hatred or doesn't care, or doesn't understand fanbase loyalty.

When I was stationed in Saudi Arabia,I met this guy that was from upstate NY and rooted for all four AFC East teams. He said the Jets were his second team after the Bills. I wanted to throw him off a balcony.

You'd have done the poor bastard a favour. ::GoJets:

You should read a book or two yourself. I wouldn't call the guy a traitor, but switching sides is the point. He was an opportunist who wasn't very good at getting away with it. It was a decent analogy. He did some brave and good things, got bitter, got screwed - kinda - and then went all Hamlet-I-Can't-Decide. Benedict Arnold is in the AMERICAN lexicon for a reason. People hate a flip-flopper.

Please no politics. ;)

It was a terrible analogy. Taylor didn't have an option.

Okay so outside of a few people that are trying to piss people off with it; who's actually walking past the Sanchez, Revis, Edwards, Holmes, Keller, Tomlinson, Wilson, ETC, ETC to buy a Taylor?

Way to many options for Jets fans for this to be a big seller.

Okay so outside of a few people that are trying to piss people off with it; who's actually walking past the Sanchez, Revis, Edwards, Holmes, Keller, Tomlinson, Wilson, ETC, ETC to buy a Taylor?

Way to many options for Jets fans for this to be a big seller.

Without trying to piss of anyone I would get a Taylor jersey before I'd get a Ladanian ****ing Tomlinson jersey.

Archived