PREDATOR Mafia Game Thread

DPR

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Spin what? I have no idea if runin it guilty or innocent, but you tell me how often the the town makes a quick move in the right direction.

But what's the alternative?

You're advocating lynching Smash merely because of inactivity and disinterest rather than Lily because she's more active.

You want Smash lynched because he's dead weight, fine. But don't act like a contrary train on someone who the voters think his scummier than your arbitrary choice for lynching is less valid.

As to your rhetorical question, I don't know. But how often does the town make the right decision to lynch a D1 person for inactivity?

CTM pretty much covered it......lol. All the gay accusations. It makes a bit of sense now......

Still love you.

Lilly, Im just sitting here at lunch waiting for Pete to show up and defend. I have played with him quite a bit as well and have seen him act this way as both town and scum. Truth is, and Ive said this, neither him nor Smash are my favorites. The runin lynch gives me info on I28. But NO, dont think we should lynch him without him speaking up.

This is for I28. You quoted what I said before, but what I said late last night should clear up the confusion:

The only person I really find suspicious is JVoR, tbh. He tried to make a case out of my not answering accusations, then when I offered to do so if someone would present the questions again, he never brought anything. But even that is weak. Well, there's Brett, still, too, but I won't encourage a lynch on an absent player. When he's back, we'll revisit that.

And you guys are NOT going to like this. The truth is that I have played many games with Runin, and I can peg him as town or scum on d1. I haven't been wrong on him since November, I think. He's reading town this game. However, I will be online right up to the deadline and if I need to in order to avoid a random lynch, I will hammer him myself.

For those who don't like my not voting, what would be the point of putting my vote on the only person I suspect? It would make a grand total of ONE on him. I will vote by the deadline IF I can do something useful with it. Otherwise, it's a waste. I guess that's one of those cultural difference things.

Here are things i'd like for you to answer: What triggered you to vote Brett twice and think he's scum to unvoting on different occasions?

Why did you vote Smash only to unvote again?

Why am I the most suspicious to you?

unvote Lily

Vote Runin

I honestly don't feel great about either Smash or Runin being scum but obviously we're up against it.

I've been in observation mode long enough and I have to say the people I find scummiest at this point outside of Lily are 1) Vicious 2) AVM and 3) BG. Lily I've found suspicious as well and i've been pressing on her hard because I feel like I could prod her into giving me some info. I've been going back and forth with SMC in my head as well.

If i make it to day 2 I plan on elaborating why I feel the way I do. For now it'd just be a distraction.

As I've said a million times, I'd rather lynch the guy not playing, not reading , not posting, then the one who is. Someone's dieing, and atm we have 3 options, random, runin, or smash. For the reasons stated, smash is my case, if I need to move to runin to avoid a random, I'll do so, but only if he comes back (I'm not speed lynching a potential power role)

Okay, fine.

All I'm saying is that you specifically said you were being practical to avoid mod lynch, and that you in fact DID NOT have a case vs Smash. Maybe you found one since then? I don't know... but don't be all up in my face wit the "you izzz dumb" you slimy ****er when your contradiction, while maybe harmless and intentional, was plain as day.

You've got my attention now. :P

evilmonkey.jpg

But what's the alternative?

You're advocating lynching Smash merely because of inactivity and disinterest rather than Lily because she's more active.

You want Smash lynched because he's dead weight, fine. But don't act like a contrary train on someone who the voters think his scummier than your arbitrary choice for lynching is less valid.

As to your rhetorical question, I don't know. But how often does the town make the right decision to lynch a D1 person for inactivity?

Irrelevant, unless you think the odds on runin are significantly better, then it's covered under the crux of my point.. lose the dead weight first

Okay, fine.

All I'm saying is that you specifically said you were being practical to avoid mod lynch, and that you in fact DID NOT have a case vs Smash. Maybe you found one since then? I don't know... but don't be all up in my face wit the "you izzz dumb" you slimy ****er when your contradiction, while maybe harmless and intentional, was plain as day.

There was no contradiction..

And case should've said choice. Smash is my choice. The case i have is that he's clearly not paying attention, and that's as good a case as I see right now..

Lilly, Im just sitting here at lunch waiting for Pete to show up and defend. I have played with him quite a bit as well and have seen him act this way as both town and scum. Truth is, and Ive said this, neither him nor Smash are my favorites. The runin lynch gives me info on I28. But NO, dont think we should lynch him without him speaking up.

I just hope he makes it. He's usually able to get online during the daytime at some point.

Irrelevant, unless you think the odds on runin are significantly better, then it's covered under the crux of my point.. lose the dead weight first

No, since I think Runin is scummy and Smash is merely deadweight.

Cut the deadweight and let the scum live is not a good strategy, is it?

No, since I think Runin is scummy and Smash is merely deadweight.

Cut the deadweight and let the scum live is not a good strategy, is it?

You have proof Runin is scum? Well, that's a different story then

Here are things i'd like for you to answer: What triggered you to vote Brett twice and think he's scum to unvoting on different occasions?

Why did you vote Smash only to unvote again?

Why am I the most suspicious to you?

unvote Lily

Vote RuninI honestly don't feel great about either Smash or Runin being scum but obviously we're up against it.

I've been in observation mode long enough and I have to say the people I find scummiest at this point outside of Lily are 1) Vicious 2) AVM and 3) BG. Lily I've found suspicious as well and i've been pressing on her hard because I feel like I could prod her into giving me some info. I've been going back and forth with SMC in my head as well.

If i make it to day 2 I plan on elaborating why I feel the way I do. For now it'd just be a distraction.

Thanks for asking them again. My first vote on Brett was a joke. I removed it when Slats pointed out that he was collecting votes quickly. Then Brett got really squirmy, imo, and I still want to pursue that, but I won't lynch someone who isn't present to defend himself.

Smash - because my reason was crappy, there was time, and he got to L-1

By most suspicious, I mean on a scale of 1-10, you're at 3 or 4. I really don't have any serious suspects. Honestly, I'm trying to decide if you and Dan being in agreement is like me and Runin - just thinking alike - or if there's something there. It's hard to tell when people are close in RL.

You have proof Runin is scum? Well, that's a different story then

LOL. Where did I say I had "proof." I said I think.

You, on the other hand, don't think Smash is scum. You just want to lynch him for being inactive and inattentive.

To Slats: My vote on Smash was the fact that he was deadweight. Hoping some pile ups on him would get him to come out and play (He did) his defence of himself makes sense to me and I haven't been here long enough to know if his playstyle was "off" or whatever.. I see what I see and he is right in that inactive doesn't mean evil. I should know. I was doctor last game and was inactive.

My vote on Runin was because I found him suspicious to begin with but ya'll kept stating that some unspoken rule here would keep him alive D1. When votes started going on him I was all for joining them. He's playing scummy, lazy, and co cky.

Can I ask a question? On DM, we rarely (once in all the games I've played) lynch scum d1. Do you guys do that more often? You're sounding like it, and it made me curious.

Like JVOR said, it's rare, but it does happen. It happened last in the Star Wars game where the SK was lynched D1 and a member of the scum team D2

LOL. Where did I say I had "proof." I said I think.

You, on the other hand, don't think Smash is scum. You just want to lynch him for being inactive and inattentive.

I don't think smash is not scum either. Runin to me could be scum, he could also just be a DM'er struggling a bit with JN ways (having played over there, I can tell you that they are a lot less sheepish about hammering and doing generally flagrant things cause most of them are in multiple games at a time and don't face having to sit and watch for 2 weeks when they die). I really have no clue on him, and certainly not enough of a clue to hop off of smash cause that's what the joneses are doing.

Very rarely. The odds are low and the cacophony of town voices makes it ridiculous.

Thanks, JVoR. That's what I thought. So, since we're likely going to get a townie, sadly, the real benefit is information. Slats came up with some interesting info there. Now, if we could just be sure he's town so we could trust it. :P If not, that would make a mighty fine smokescreen.

JVoR, the other thing about you that I didn't mention is that I've seen you play scum and you play a very clean game. I KNEW you were scum, yet I found nothing suspicious. As much of a compliment as that is, it automatically makes you suspicious.

Hess what do i need multiple people to tell me exactly ?

When DPR says a DIFFERENT predator attacked it leads me to believe they might be working alone and not in one mafia group.

You talk about Mod Bolded - Does this confrim 100 % that shutout is a townie or is there a possibility that one predator shot at another.

Do all the people mentioned in DPR's posts automaticly trun up innocent in your opinion ? If your taking everything he says as the whole truth you now know that Bleedin Dan Vic are also innocents right hess ?

I made this post without reading anyone elses theories Im going on my own instincts here and I tried to rule out what others have said the past few days when I actull read those posts.

So help me to understand the bloded stuff a bit better please hess

The part where he says everything is bold is not flavor or fluff. I will consider the mod scenes valuable until proven otherwise. You on the other seem to want to do the complete opposite. Touche.

I don't think smash is not scum either. Runin to me could be scum, he could also just be a DM'er struggling a bit with JN ways (having played over there, I can tell you that they are a lot less sheepish about hammering and doing generally flagrant things cause most of them are in multiple games at a time and don't face having to sit and watch for 2 weeks when they die). I really have no clue on him, and certainly not enough of a clue to hop off of smash cause that's what the joneses are doing.

You've mentioned this a few times. Would I know you from over there?

If you're scum I'd feel better about Runin because as his scummate you would have bussed him by now.

But that also leaves open the possibility that if you are scum and Smash is scum as well your play would fit your modus operendi.

I understand the "let the new guy live" notion and the different experiences, but he's the best candidate we got for the right reason--scumminess.

Thanks, JVoR. That's what I thought. So, since we're likely going to get a townie, sadly, the real benefit is information. Slats came up with some interesting info there. Now, if we could just be sure he's town so we could trust it. :P If not, that would make a mighty fine smokescreen.

JVoR, the other thing about you that I didn't mention is that I've seen you play scum and you play a very clean game. I KNEW you were scum, yet I found nothing suspicious. As much of a compliment as that is, it automatically makes you suspicious.

Thanks. I don't really have any intention of being "clean" this game so you don't really have to worry about it.

You've mentioned this a few times. Would I know you from over there?

Most likely no, I played 3 games over there and read through some others. I think the main difference between the sites is that you guys have many games going at once where as we run them serially, this fact trickles into game play a lot..

If you're scum I'd feel better about Runin because as his scummate you would have bussed him by now.

But that also leaves open the possibility that if you are scum and Smash is scum as well your play would fit your modus operendi.

I understand the "let the new guy live" notion and the different experiences, but he's the best candidate we got for the right reason--scumminess.

Only problem with both those theories is that I'm not scum

Most likely no, I played 3 games over there and read through some others. I think the main difference between the sites is that you guys have many games going at once where as we run them serially, this fact trickles into game play a lot..

So, you're going to stay a man of mystery? Okay. lol

We do tend to take risks more, definitely. I find always playing it safe less exciting.

Speaking of which - shameless plug, here - if anyone is interested in taking a walk on the wild side, I do have a game in sign-ups right now. PM me if you're interested.

So, you're going to stay a man of mystery? Okay. lol

We do tend to take risks more, definitely. I find always playing it safe less exciting.

Speaking of which - shameless plug, here - if anyone is interested in taking a walk on the wild side, I do have a game in sign-ups right now. PM me if you're interested.

have you even voted yet?

No, not yet, but like I said, I will if needed, even though I don't think he's scummy. Better than a random lynch. I'm not going anywhere in the next 2 1/2 hours.

Unofficial vote count:

Smash (6) - Vic, JiF, Brett, AVM, BG, CTM

Brett (1) - Adella

Lily (2) - Dan, Slats

Dan (1) - Runin

BG (1)- Smash

Runin (10) - Shutout, I28, Barm, PAC, SMC, Sharrow, Nae, Crusher, Hess, JVoR

NOT VOTING: LILY

With 22 players, it takes 12 to lynch.

No, not yet, but like I said, I will if needed, even though I don't think he's scummy. Better than a random lynch. I'm not going anywhere in the next 2 1/2 hours.

Unofficial vote count:

Smash (6) - Vic, JiF, Brett, AVM, BG, CTM

Brett (1) - Adella

Lily (2) - Dan, Slats

Dan (1) - Runin

BG (1)- Smash

Runin (10) - Shutout, I28, Barm, PAC, SMC, Sharrow, Nae, Crusher, Hess, JVoR

NOT VOTING: LILY

With 22 players, it takes 12 to lynch.

thanks.

Archived