Sanchez at Tony Awards

flgreen

Mark Sanchez shows up at the Tony Awards

Posted by Mike Florio on June 13, 2010 10:53 PM ET

A guy who doesn't quite fit the description of a theatergoer made a surprise appearance at the annual Tony Awards on Sunday night.

Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez introduced a number from Memphis.

"I've become a huge fan of musicals since I've come to New York," Sanchez said from the stage at Radio City Music Hall, "and I've taken some heat from guys on the team, believe me."

Consider the contrast between Sanchez and his predecessor, Brett Favre, whose only dose of culture came when he learned the second verse to Pants on the Ground.

This isn't a slam of Sanchez. I've attended eight shows in the past year, and guys who think they're too tough or cool for Broadway have no idea what they're missing. It's a movie nailed nightly in one take, and it's always performed exclusively for the folks who show up for that performance.

That said, we hope Sanchez opted not to talk like Dwayne Bowe when meeting Ricky Martin backstage.

This is THE AWESOME! Ironic, karmic and just. I could not care less who Sanchez sleeps with, be it Lance Bass, Ricky Martin or "Meadow Soprano" - but you have to admit, after years and years of "Brady is gay" - this would be THE AWESOME.

Anyway, looks like Marky-poo likes playing playing both sides of the fence. Viva La Vida Bi-loco!

This is THE AWESOME! Ironic, karmic and just. I could not care less who Sanchez sleeps with, be it Lance Bass, Ricky Martin or "Meadow Soprano" - but you have to admit, after years and years of "Brady is gay" - this would be THE AWESOME.

Anyway, looks like Marky-poo likes playing playing both sides of the fence. Viva La Vida Bi-loco!

Yeah, because the whole winning three Super Bowls thing just didn't make up for other team's fans calling Tom Brady gay. :rolleyes:

Yeah, because the whole winning three Super Bowls thing just didn't make up for other team's fans calling Tom Brady gay. :rolleyes:

Nice deflection, Zippy.

Sorry, but the Jets having an actual gay QB is pretty sweet for this Pats fan....makes me giggle. Again, I don't actually care that he's a homosexual, but I do like seeing many of you eat your words. It's THE AWESOME. Wonder if Mangold minds The Fairy touching his bum-bum now?

Nice deflection, Zippy.

Sorry, but the Jets having an actual gay QB is pretty sweet for this Pats fan....makes me giggle. Again, I don't actually care that he's a homosexual, but I do like seeing many of you eat your words. It's THE AWESOME. Wonder if Mangold minds The Fairy touching his bum-bum now?

Liking show tunes doesn't make someone gay. CTM loves the showtunes and he's all man.

And what delfection? You guys won three SBs. That wasn't enough to make up for some people calling your QB gay? You need more? I've known some greedy people in my life but this is ridiculous.

Nice deflection, Zippy.

Let me see if I understand this correctly. The kid has shown a little class by going to the theater and that makes him gay? Hmm...guess I fall into that category too then.

Liking show tunes doesn't make someone gay. CTM loves the showtunes and he's all man.

And what delfection? You guys won three SBs. That wasn't enough to make up for some people calling your QB gay? You need more? I've known some greedy people in my life but this is ridiculous.

Karaoke with Lance Bass, Musicals, and back stage meet-ups with Ricky Martin....what more evidence do you need?

I will cherish the three sb's for the rest of my life....but, yah, I'm greedy. I want to see Mark Sanchez caught on camera kissing a guy (and really, you just know that will happen now...maybe during Hard Knocks! That would be THE AWESOME!). Yes, I do. Not because I dislike Sanchez. On the contrary, he's seems like a nice fellow. I want to see all of you that called Tom Brady gay, squirm like straight men about to get a prostate exam.

Let me see if I understand this correctly. The kid has shown a little class by going to the theater and that makes him gay? Hmm...guess I fall into that category too then.

Singing with Lance Bass, Musicals and back stage meet-up's with Ricky Martin. Culture and exposing yourself to the arts is fantastic...but let's see things straight, shall we. ;)

Karaoke with Lance Bass, Musicals, and back stage meet-ups with Ricky Martin....what more evidence do you need?

I will cherish the three sb's for the rest of my life....but, yah, I'm greedy. I want to see Mark Sanchez caught on camera kissing a guy (and really, you just know that will happen now...maybe during Hard Knocks! That would be THE AWESOME!). Yes, I do. Not because I dislike Sanchez. On the contrary, he's seems like a nice fellow. I want to see all of you that called Tom Brady gay, squirm like straight men about to get a prostate exam.

What you're clearly missing is the FACT that the vast majority of us were joking because we knew it annoyed the crap out of you.

Singing with Lance Bass, Musicals and back stage meet-up's with Ricky Martin. Culture and exposing yourself to the arts is fantastic...but let's see things straight, shall we. ;)

Wow, you're the first woman I've met who hates gay men.

What you're clearly missing is the FACT that the vast majority of us were joking because we knew it annoyed the crap out of you.

LOL!!!

.....Zippy, sometimes you are too .....um....whatever.....for words.

CLEARLY, I find this news THE AWESOME because I can annoy people too. I enjoy annoying folks such as yourself.

Interesting choice of words, by the way. "Crap"

There is a difference. Sanchez has an appreciation for the arts. Brady is just a flamer hiding in the closet. Brady and Belicheck spent quality time together in Provincetown before training camp about 6 years ago. The whole Giselle thing is a coverup.

Nice deflection, Zippy.

Wait you think that if Mark was gay that would somehow bother us?

Have we met? Have you read any posts here? JetNation is the land of the gay Jets fan. Mark would be more popular if a gay video were to be released.

And I am not saying such a video exists. Although every registered member here should check their email inbox tomorrow morning at 11am.

Archived