AFC East - 2010

Maxman

I don't get why people are so down on the Fins. Their biggest weakness was passing and they just added Brandon Marshall. Dansby is the best linebacker in the division and can play all four linebacker spots in the 3-4 defense. When Calvin Pace and Dansby became free agents in the same year it took Arizona a nanosecond to decide to put the franchise tag on Dansby instead of Pace.

Last year Miami started two rookie cornerbacks, now those very talented players have a year under their belts. I think the Fins will be better and are the real competition in the division for as long as Parcells sticks around, which history says won't be long.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't get why people are so down on the Fins. Their biggest weakness was passing and they just added Brandon Marshall. Dansby is the best linebacker in the division and can play all four linebacker spots in the 3-4 defense. When Calvin Pace and Dansby became free agents in the same year it took Arizona a nanosecond to decide to put the franchise tag on Dansby instead of Pace.

Last year Miami started two rookie cornerbacks, now those very talented players have a year under their belts. I think the Fins will be better and are the real competition in the division for as long as Parcells sticks around, which history says won't be long.

:cheers: . I think the Pats will be in the mix as well, but thier schedule is BRUTAL. Miami & NY X 2, Indy, San Diego, Minneasota, Green Bay, Baltimore, Pittsburgh. Ouch. NY and Miami have tough schedules also, but at least they avoid the Chargers and Colts.

Revis and Marshall cancel out each other...one of their RB's is coming off a severe ankle injury even though they don't want to admit it. Their QB sucked going down the stretch while ours got better...nothing to fear from this team. Flip a coin between them and the Jills.

Dansby the bets LB in the division...that's a stretch. Their defense is a long way from being on the same page as the Jets.

Revis and Marshall cancel out each other...one of their RB's is coming off a severe ankle injury even though they don't want to admit it. Their QB sucked going down the stretch while ours got better...nothing to fear from this team. Flip a coin between them and the Jills.

Dansby the bets LB in the division...that's a stretch. Their defense is a long way from being on the same page as the Jets.

OK, this guy is tryna learn you something about the Fins, but youre determined to remain clueless. Your choice...

OK, this guy is tryna learn you something about the Fins, but youre determined to remain clueless. Your choice...

One guy agrees with you...the fins scare no one. Especially the Jets.

I'll ask you one more time hot shot because you've avoided the question twice now clueless...what state do you reside in? Yeah, I'm writing a book...

1) New England Patriots: 12-4 (With back-to-back successful drafts, Belichick is positioning this new Patriots generation for an extended run atop the NFL mountain, allowing the Patriots to become the first franchise to claim top dog status over two consecutive decades).

2) Miami Dolphins: 10-6 (Henn to Marshall should be fun to watch).

3) New York Jets: 9-7 (The Jets never handle high expectations well).

4) Buffalo Bills: 2-14 (Ready and able to "earn" the first pick in next year's draft).

I half way agree with you. Yes, people are sleeping on the fins. They're better than the lack of respect they've been shown. I dont have to "hate" to be a Jets fan. Real recognize real. However, 1 thing I seen wrong with what Banner said, and that is...

Karlos Dansby is NOT the best Linebacker in the division. David Harris is...and he's been in Rex's system for a year and has an overall chemistry with his teammates already (check the stats bro). Harris has been the best LB in this division since probably his rookie year. Dansby is "the new face" in town. He's not that nice to just be given that title. Harris is good enough to hold the claim until Dansby or someone else proves otherwise.

I half way agree with you. Yes, people are sleeping on the fins. They're better than the lack of respect they've been shown. I dont have to "hate" to be a Jets fan. Real recognize real. However, 1 thing I seen wrong with what Banner said, and that is...

Karlos Dansby is NOT the best Linebacker in the division. David Harris is...and he's been in Rex's system for a year and has an overall chemistry with his teammates already (check the stats bro). Harris has been the best LB in this division since probably his rookie year. Dansby is "the new face" in town. He's not that nice to just be given that title. Harris is good enough to hold the claim until Dansby or someone else proves otherwise.

Villain, has this asshat given the Jets any credit? Please, don't start knocking Jets fans before you read between the lines with this clown...your're playing right into his hands. I don't buy his ****ing BS for one second and most here understand his condescending ways. He's a troll with a capital T.

Miami Dolphins pros and cons:

PROS

1) Added Brandon Marshall and Karlos Dansby.

CONS

1) Lost Jason Taylor and Ted Ginn, basically the 2 guys most responsible for beating the Jets 2x in 2009

2) Marshall may beat up on everyone else, but he'll still be blanketed by Darrelle Revis twice in 2010 (no Miami fans, he won't be sitting out the year, don't get your hopes up).

3) Chad Henne struggled down the stretch last year, showing off his TRUE face. Just ask Michigan fans how much they trust him to win a big game for you.

4) Ronnie Brown & Ricky Williams can't BOTH be expected to put up 2008 production here in 2010. One's coming off an injury, the other's ancient.

5) They're the Miami Dolphins.

Villain, has this asshat given the Jets any credit? Please, don't start knocking Jets fans before you read between the lines with this clown...your're playing right into his hands. I don't buy his ****ing BS for one second and most here understand his condescending ways. He's a troll with a capital T.

Im not knocking any Jets fan. Im simply correcting something that was wrong that a Jetfan said. If anything Im praising the Jets because Banner said that Dansby is the best linebacker in the division and he's clearly not. Its a fantastic upgrade by the Fins I have to admit, especially with losing porter and Taylor, but thats as far as things go. Im not falling for any BS, but im not going to front like Dansby is wack or Marshall is "Keyshawn 2.0" like I've seen on the forums. I think the Fins had some real solid upgrades to help out "Chad Hennessy" lol as well as the D. I was also the first to say that I thought Odrick is going to be a f'ing bust...BEFORE the fins drafted him.

Thats all im saying. I dont want to make it seem like GMJohnson is my best friend or something, but Im not just gonna hate because he's a dolphin. I think they're going to make some noise this year. I think that the Pats will be in 3rd place. Thats just what I feel my dude. I dont know what else to say.

Jets win the division!

I don't really care who comes in 2nd, 3rd, or 4th.

Nor do I care what the Trolls say. If they are right they will be here gloating.

If they are wrong, they won't have the balls to show their Troll faces here.

Not worth my time!

Revis vs Marshall only affects 2 games on the Fins schedule. I think the Fins come in second this year are the main competition in the division for the near future.

Ugh I cant compete w/ this high level of ignorance. Ronnie Brown has a Lisfranc fracture http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lisfranc_fracture. There is nothing wrong with his ankle. Cobbs has a torn ACL, nothing wrong with his ankle either. Revis and Marshall cancel out? No. This aint algebra class. You can try to dumb down football all you want, buts it sooooo not that simple.

Look, you obviously dont know much about the Dolphins, which is cool. There are a few people on here who do know, so feel free to ask anytime.

One guy agrees with you...the fins scare no one. Especially the Jets.

I'll ask you one more time hot shot because you've avoided the question twice now clueless...what state do you reside in? Yeah, I'm writing a book...

Im not avoiding the question, just dont see the point in answering.

As for the Jets being afraid, I dont want them to be afraid. They play much better as underdogs, see: 2009. The Fins play better as underdogs as well, so I hope Vegas gives us the typical Dolphins +3 (maybe higher) in Week 3. Home underdogs in a night game, it'll be perfect.

I wont get into the Harris vs Dansby, they are both good players w/ strengths and weaknesses. I will say this, KD is a huge upgrade over Akin Ayodele. He erases what was a huge weakness in our defense, our inability to cover the middle of the field, the seam, or the TE in general.

Marshall erases our 2nd biggest weakness, no WR outside who can make big plays. In 08-09 teams could stack the box without any real concern that we were going to hurt them down the field. There was the one play where Teddy got behind Revis and Leonhard, but he never did it again for the rest of the year. Marshall isnt Teddy fast, but he's a much better target, and he presents ALOT more problems for the defense than Teddy ever did.

We still have a weakness at FS, Chris Clemons is er, unproven at best. Looked like gawwwbage the few times I saw him last year. Antrell wouldve been nice but I'd take BM or Dansby over him in a heartbeat and you cant give money to everyone.

I dont like the OLB situation either. Weve got 4 potentials, Wake, Misi, Anderson, and Moses, none have started more than 1 game. Misi looks OK in shorts, but I NEVER give rookies any props until they do something on the field. Kyle wilson included lol.

So yeah we have holes, so do the Saints, Vikings, Colts, Cowboys, Chargers etc. Even the Jets. But I like our overall team, we have depth at the most important positions, QB, OL, DL, and CB. If we can stay healthy, (big if) I like our chances.

Im not avoiding the question, just dont see the point in answering.

As for the Jets being afraid, I dont want them to be afraid. They play much better as underdogs, see: 2009. The Fins play better as underdogs as well, so I hope Vegas gives us the typical Dolphins +3 (maybe higher) in Week 3. Home underdogs in a night game, it'll be perfect.

Case closed...I knew you wouldn't answer the question.

I don't see how anyone can dismiss the Phins. As much as I hate the organization and their fans, they swept us last year and split the year before. They are a threat, and until the Jets handle them they should be treated as such. I don't understand the logic of some that trash/underestimate a team that swept the Jets and filled some huge holes in the offseason.

I hope that means youre gonna stop asking me where I live. Wierdo.

See, there you go with the personal attacks. I asked a simple question and you refuse to answer. Do you want to start a personal attack war? I'll get you banned quicker than you responding where you park your ass.

I don't see how anyone can dismiss the Phins. As much as I hate the organization and their fans, they swept us last year and split the year before. They are a threat, and until the Jets handle them they should be treated as such. I don't understand the logic of some that trash/underestimate a team that swept the Jets and filled some huge holes in the offseason.

It's not underestimating. The Jets-Dolphins is one of those rivalries where you can throw the records out the window when they play.

A literally awful 4-12 Jets team split with a playoff bound 11-5 Miami team in 1992 and the game the Dolphins won they only won by two points. Nobody thought the Jets were in the Dolphins league the following offseason.

Both of those games last year were very close and won late, one of them in a fluky way with a two KR TDs. In games against the rest of the NFL last year, the Dolphins were 5-9 and the Jets were 9-5. Many of those games were against common opponents.

After their second meeting last year, the Jets went 6-3 and the Dolphins went 4-5. That included a 5-1 finish by the Jets and a 2-4 finish by the Dolphins.

Can you honestly say these were the same teams at the end of the season that they were when they last played?

The Jets improved dramatically after losing to the Dolphins. The Dolphins went in the toilet after beating the Jets.

The Dolphins are not as bad as some people make them out to be, they are also no where close to being as good as some think they are.

It's not underestimating. The Jets-Dolphins is one of those rivalries where you can throw the records out the window when they play.

A literally awful 4-12 Jets team split with a playoff bound 11-5 Miami team in 1992 and the game the Dolphins won they only won by two points. Nobody thought the Jets were in the Dolphins league the following offseason.

Both of those games last year were very close and won late, one of them in a fluky way with a two KR TDs. In games against the rest of the NFL last year, the Dolphins were 5-9 and the Jets were 9-5. Many of those games were against common opponents.

After their second meeting last year, the Jets went 6-3 and the Dolphins went 4-5. That included a 5-1 finish by the Jets and a 2-4 finish by the Dolphins.

Can you honestly say these were the same teams at the end of the season that they were when they last played?

The Jets improved dramatically after losing to the Dolphins. The Dolphins went in the toilet after beating the Jets.

The Dolphins are not as bad as some people make them out to be, they are also no where close to being as good as some think they are.

I think they'll surprise a lot of people, and until the Jets can effectively shut their running game down, I can't write them off. The end of the season records are kind of deceiving IMO, Colts laid down and so did the Bengals even though the Jets won two playoff games on the road, Jets backed in IMO I know it's not popular to say but whatever.

I think they'll surprise a lot of people, and until the Jets can effectively shut their running game down, I can't write them off. The end of the season records are kind of deceiving IMO, Colts laid down and so did the Bengals even though the Jets won two playoff games on the road, Jets backed in IMO I know it's not popular to say but whatever.

The Bengals "laid down" only after the Jets punched them in the mouth. Their starters were in there in the third quarter.

You can't say a team "backed in" when they won to get in. Sorry, I don't care how or why they won. They won. The Jets can not and should not be blamed for something they had nothing to do with. Rex Ryan didn't bench Peyton Manning. The Jets beat the teams in front of them, the Dolphins did not, period, end of story.

The Bengals "laid down" only after the Jets punched them in the mouth. Their starters were in there in the third quarter.

You can't say a team "backed in" when they won to get in. Sorry, I don't care how or why they won. They won. The Jets can not and should not be blamed for something they had nothing to do with. Rex Ryan didn't bench Peyton Manning. The Jets beat the teams in front of them, the Dolphins did not, period, end of story.

If the same scenario would've happened to the Phins, Bills or Pats I can almost guarantee you'll be singing a different tune. I don't care how they won either, and they backed it up in the playoffs. Nobody is blaming the Jets for anything, I'm just saying don't write off the Phins as if they can't challenge for the AFC east.

If the same scenario would've happened to the Phins, Bills or Pats I can almost guarantee you'll be singing a different tune. I don't care how they won either, and they backed it up in the playoffs. Nobody is blaming the Jets for anything, I'm just saying don't write off the Phins as if they can't challenge for the AFC east.

If the Phins had made it to the postseason, there's no possible chance they would have been a half away from the Super Bowl. None. We'd be making fun of the Dolphins for "backing in" and being unable to justify their postseason existence.

It would be similar to when they won the division in 2008 and folded like a tent against the Ravens at home in the WC round.

The minute we beat the Bengals in the playoffs, you could no longer talk about how we were given a gift by the Colts. We proved we belonged. Next year, we get revenge on the Dolphins en route to the postseason.

The Jets are the only team that gets blamed by their own fans for winning games. :confused:

See, there you go with the personal attacks. I asked a simple question and you refuse to answer. Do you want to start a personal attack war? I'll get you banned quicker than you responding where you park your ass.

I dont go around telling internet wierdos where I live, get over it. Talk football.

I dont go around telling internet wierdos where I live, get over it. Talk football.

I live in Jacksonville, Florida. Night Stalker lives in South Florida.

There's a reason he is asking the question that is pertinent to his argument. Your refusal to answer suggests that there is a reason you are afraid to answer which has something to do with it undermining your argument.

Calling someone a "weirdo" to deflect further suggests that you are trying to hide something. You are attempting to shift the focus off of your refusal to answer by questioning Night Stalker's motives by employing an unprovoked personal attack.

Archived