AFC East - 2010

Maxman

This reminds me of something:

for almost ten years now, the NY Jets have been the pre-season champs. The off season superbowl champions! That's quite a streak, people. I'm talkin' freakin' dynasty.

This alo reminds me of something else:

you can win the paper title and have experts accross the land say this and that - but proof is in the pudding. That's why I find pre-season predictions just an entertaining way to waste time.

Yes, the proof is in the pudding. We just went to the AFC Title game. What did you do?

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, you know him better than me. :rolleyes:

No, Ive never been intimate with him, but the man talks sense.

No I'm not.

Moss, Brady, BB = AFCE Champs

This is the Patriots division until proven otherwise. The Jets are 9-7 until Sanchez can prove otherwise.

EDIT: Season predictions are silly at this point any way. Dont know if the Pats will win 13 games, but its their division with Brady at the helm until someone takes it from them. I think we are in the best position in the division to do it but you got do it before you claim it.

There are a handul of guys on here who are absolutely pointless to talk to. Plenty of level headed guys though.
Sounds like you are trying to get picked up.

jocko johnson gives the word dolphag a new meaning.

Yes, the proof is in the pudding. We just went to the AFC Title game. What did you do?

And that means what? Nothing.

Should the Jets be favorites? Maybe..maybe not, but you can see their actions of the last month and Rex's mouth has made them the hot pick for the season.

I mean it worked awesomely for the Jets after their last AFC Championship trip.

I mean it worked awesomely for the Jets after their last AFC Championship trip.

That was due to a season-ending injury to the QB in Week 1 (sound familiar?), not because the team was over-hyped. And, much like your Patriots when Brady went down, the Jets went on to have a respectable campaign, albeit one that fell short of the postseason.

That was due to a season-ending injury to the QB in Week 1 (sound familiar?), not because the team was over-hyped. And, much like your Patriots when Brady went down, the Jets went on to have a respectable campaign, albeit one that fell short of the postseason.
Come on Jf80, whou said you can use facts?

Ahhh, my old friend Pyper chimes in with some nonsense. Let's analyze his analysis, shall we?

With no running game and a pathetic defense? It's always uncomfortable to watch someone masturbate in public, unfortunately Pats fans seem to actually enjoy doing it.

Our running game is underrated. There is a difference between not being able to run the ball and choosing not to run the ball. We've got a very deep group of backs and a solid Oline, with or without Mankins. Our problem last season was actually the passing game. We didn't have any weapons outside of Moss and Welker. That won't be the case this year. Between the rookies and second year players (Tate, Edelman) and perhaps the most underrated addition in the entire NFL, Torry Holt, our passing game is poised to approach 2007 levels. Forget 13-3, this team might have 19-0 in their sites.

The defense was hampered last season by youthful mistakes but with a year under their belts, our LB corps and secondary will be much improved. McKenzie and Spikes are going to be huge additions next to Mayo but I'm most excited by the secondary. Butler is the real deal at CB and with McCourty in the fold, this will easily be our best secondary since the Super Bowl years. The key here will be Chung. If he emerges as a player, this defense can be absolutely special.

This is what passes for "analysis" these days? Moronic conjecture based on nonexistent metaphysical forces does not relate to football.

Since when does commenting on established patterns equate to moronic conjecture?

I guess one out of four ain't bad. It's about as accurate as Peter King. :sign0098:

What I find amusing is that I've pretty much had this same discussion with you and other Jets fans just like you every offseason since the beginning of the decade. Then the games are played and my prognostications have been supported by nine straight seasons atop the AFC East, 7 division titles, 5 trips to the AFC Championship Game, 4 trips to the Super Bowl, 3 World Championships, a perfect 16-0 regular season, and two completely separate 21 game winning streaks.

Meanwhile, all you have to show for your homeristic enthusiasm is a decade of mediocrity with the high point being a couple of 9-7 seasons where you lucked into a playoff birth.

Between the two of us, if anyone's predictions fall under the category of mental masturbation, it would be you. Because when it comes to tasting that sweet girl named victory, that's something you've never done. Whereas, me and my fellow Patriots fans have not only kissed her, we've circled the bases with her numerous times, gotten married and impregnated her with a child named Dynasty. Soon enough I'll even introduce you to our second child who's being conceived at this very moment.

Peace out Homey

);p

Our running game is underrated. There is a difference between not being able to run the ball and choosing not to run the ball. We've got a very deep group of backs and a solid Oline, with or without Mankins. Our problem last season was actually the passing game. We didn't have any weapons outside of Moss and Welker. That won't be the case this year. Between the rookies and second year players (Tate, Edelman) and perhaps the most underrated addition in the entire NFL, Torry Holt, our passing game is poised to approach 2007 levels. Forget 13-3, this team might have 19-0 in their sites.

The defense was hampered last season by youthful mistakes but with a year under their belts, our LB corps and secondary will be much improved. McKenzie and Spikes are going to be huge additions next to Mayo but I'm most excited by the secondary. Butler is the real deal at CB and with McCourty in the fold, this will easily be our best secondary since the Super Bowl years. The key here will be Chung. If he emerges as a player, this defense can be absolutely special.

Since when does commenting on established patterns equate to moronic conjecture?

What I find amusing is that I've pretty much had this same discussion with you and other Jets fans just like you every offseason since the beginning of the decade. Then the games are played and my prognostications have been supported by nine straight seasons atop the AFC East, 7 division titles, 5 trips to the AFC Championship Game, 4 trips to the Super Bowl, 3 World Championships, a perfect 16-0 regular season, and two completely separate 21 game winning streaks.

Meanwhile, all you have to show for your homeristic enthusiasm is a decade of mediocrity with the high point being a couple of 9-7 seasons where you lucked into a playoff birth.

Between the two of us, if anyone's predictions fall under the category of mental masturbation, it would be you. Because when it comes to tasting that sweet girl named victory, that's something you've never done. Whereas, me and my fellow Patriots fans have not only kissed her, we've circled the bases with her numerous times, gotten married and impregnated her with a child named Dynasty. Soon enough I'll even introduce you to our second child who's being conceived at this very moment.

Peace out Homey

);p

Alls I'm gonna say to address this is that since the summer of 2005, which is when I started posting in earnest on JI, I have been 100% accurate in my prediction of how many Super Bowls the Patriots would win in that period and you have a 0% accuracy rate. :Nuts:

Peace out Homey

);p

The rest of that post was typical Patsy doodoo, but this is actually quite funny.

There are a handul of guys on here who are absolutely pointless to talk to. Plenty of level headed guys though.

Yup, I thought you brought some insightful football talk when you arrived.

Regarding the NE schedule. Cinci will get beat down. They suck. NE catches the Jets on a short week and minus Holmes. So, Im looking at 2 - 0 for the 2010 Pats. The Dolphins have to travel to NE January 2nd. That should be tough weather for them to deal with. Indy comes to Foxboro and NE has played them down the to wire in that last 2 games. I wouldnt count that game as a NE loss.

:rolleyes:

I said PREDICTIONS. This assums THE FUTURE. You may have an idea of what the Jest could potentially do, and even though you seem to think your are a Miss Cleo clone, you just don't know. What you are feeling is hope.

Anyway, to answer your question, last year the Pats won the divison and got smoked in the first round of the playoff's. The Jets backed into the playoff's and got smoked in the Champ game. Both teams did not acheive their ultimate goal. My "prediction" is that both teams do not acheive their ultimate goal again this season.

I said PREDICTIONS. This assums THE FUTURE. You may have an idea of what the Jest could potentially do, and even though you seem to think your are a Miss Cleo clone, you just don't know. What you are feeling is hope.

Anyway, to answer your question, last year the Pats won the divison and got smoked in the first round of the playoff's. The Jets backed into the playoff's and got smoked in the Champ game. Both teams did not acheive their ultimate goal. My "prediction" is that both teams do not acheive their ultimate goal again this season.

The Pats got smoked and smoked hard in the Wild Card with Brady playing one of the worst games of his career. In fact the Patriots were beaten so bad one wonders why the hell they even bothered showing up. I was embarrassed for the Patriots and I hate them - that's how bad they got destroyed in the Wild Card game.

Jets got smoked in the AFC Championship Game? Not so much. They had the halftime lead and were in the game until two key injuries gave the Colts major matchup advantages. That's not exactly the same as "being smoked.":rolleyes:

Itll probably come down to the wire between jets and phins tho depending on how healthy the players are but i think the jets take it

jets 11-5

dolphins 10-6

pats 8-8

bills 5-11

remember, last season we could have been 12-4 if not for small errors like the saints game where sanchez threw 5 picks, if he even had a mediocre game that day we wouldve won because our defense held brees to 0 tds and the falcons game and also the bills game, one or two key plays went the other way for us and we lost. now that we have an upgraded team and sanchez's second year i think we will only improve to 11-5 tho because our schedule is terrible.

Hey Garby...Im just curious about your obsession with me...so I must ask a question.

In this thread, many trolls have complimented me for my level headedness and how I'm not homer and reasonable poster. Which got me thinking once I saw your name...

How come every time I post something that is level headed and is probably right in line with your thoughts...you totally leave it alone and dont even comment on my posts. But the second I post something that is differs from your logic you start in with your typical JiF is arrogant, never wrong and is totally unreasonable b.s.?

Just curious, thanks,

Hey Garby...Im just curious about your obsession with me...so I must ask a question.

In this thread, many trolls have complimented me for my level headedness and how I'm not homer and reasonable poster. Which got me thinking once I saw your name...

How come every time I post something that is level headed and is probably right in line with your thoughts...you totally leave it alone and dont even comment on my posts. But the second I post something that is differs from your logic you start in with your typical JiF is arrogant, never wrong and is totally unreasonable b.s.?

Just curious, thanks,

Huh? I'm obsessed with you now? LOL! I think you are obsessed with yourself. My response was to 80.....and somehow you want to know why I allegedly only post when your point of view differs from mine....and call you arrogant (because you know, your question doesn't scream that or anything....)?

You're a funny man. You and Zippy should hang out. :)

Huh? I'm obsessed with you now? LOL! I think you are obsessed with yourself. My response was to 80.....and somehow you want to know why I allegedly only post when your point of view differs from mine....and call you arrogant (because you know, your question doesn't scream that or anything....)?

You're a funny man. You and Zippy should hang out. :)

See...you cant even answer a serious question without dropping it.

And you know you love me and want everything about me. Dont act like you dont. Dont know how my question is arrogant. My level headed posts in this thread had you in mind. I'm trying hard to prove you that I'm a good guy.

Our relationship is going to beautiful once you open and admitt you love me.

• 3 weeks later...

Bumping this because you think the Pats with a crap defense, a hurt Welker and a aging Brady are going to win 13 games.

Pats schedule-

Sun 9/12/2010 1:00 PM vs Bengals CBS / WBZ-TV (L)

Sun 9/19/2010 4:15 PM @ Jets CBS / WBZ-TV (L)

Sun 9/26/2010 1:00 PM vs Bills CBS / WBZ-TV (W)

Mon 10/4/2010 8:30 PM @ Dolphins ESPN / WCVB (W)

Sun 10/10/2010 vs Bye

Sun 10/17/2010 1:00 PM vs Ravens CBS / WBZ-TV (L)

Sun 10/24/2010 4:15 PM @ Chargers CBS / WBZ-TV (L)

Sun 10/31/2010 4:15 PM vs Vikings FOX / WFXT (L)

Sun 11/7/2010 1:00 PM @ Browns CBS / WBZ-TV (W)

Sun 11/14/2010 8:20 PM @ Steelers NBC / WHDH (W)

Sun 11/21/2010 4:15 PM vs Colts CBS / WBZ-TV (L)

Thu 11/25/2010 12:30 PM @ Lions CBS / WBZ-TV (W)

Mon 12/6/2010 8:30 PM vs Jets ESPN / WCVB (L)

Sun 12/12/2010 1:00 PM @ Bears CBS / WBZ-TV (W)

Sun 12/19/2010 8:20 PM vs Packers NBC / WHDH (L)

Sun 12/26/2010 1:00 PM @ Bills CBS / WBZ-TV (W)

Sun 1/2/2011 1:00 PM vs Dolphins (L)

I have them at 7-9.

Last year they had a much easier schedule and managed 10 wins, there defense still has the same problems and Tom is just another year older.

I do think we have their number this year and will beat them twice.

Itll probably come down to the wire between jets and phins tho depending on how healthy the players are but i think the jets take it

jets 11-5

dolphins 10-6

pats 8-8

bills 5-11

remember, last season we could have been 12-4 if not for small errors like the saints game where sanchez threw 5 picks, if he even had a mediocre game that day we wouldve won because our defense held brees to 0 tds and the falcons game and also the bills game, one or two key plays went the other way for us and we lost. now that we have an upgraded team and sanchez's second year i think we will only improve to 11-5 tho because our schedule is terrible.

SMALL errors? Are you kidding me with calling throwing 5 picks small errors? WOW

He only threw three picks in the Saints game and it was just the fourth start of his career.

He gets a pass for that.

Maybe he's talking about Mark Sanchez' five turnover game against New England last November. Four interceptions and one fumble. I beleive Leigh Bodden picked him off three times, one for a pick six.

Does he get a pass for that too?

Maybe he's talking about Mark Sanchez' five turnover game against New England last November. Four interceptions and one fumble. I beleive Leigh Bodden picked him off three times, one for a pick six.

Based on the FACT that he played 1000 times better than Tom Brady played in the playoffs, yes, he does. :Nuts:

Did Tom Brady get a pass for losing to a rookie in his 2nd start as a pro?

What about the rest of the games where he SUCKED! the DUDE SUCKS! Get it? He is NOT a good nfl qb.

So is it impressive for a guy who is NOT a good nfl qb to make it a half away from a SB appereance in his rookie season?

What about the rest of the games where he SUCKED! the DUDE SUCKS! Get it? He is NOT a good nfl qb.

Sanchez post season QB ratings

vs Cincy, 139.4

vs SD, 60.1

vs Indy, 93.3

Average- 97.6

Brady vs Ravens rating, 49.1

Now you're just being a troll. Brady is on his way down and Mark on his way up.

Did Tom Brady get a pass for losing to a rookie in his 2nd start as a pro?

How about Tom Brady getting a pass from losing the 2nd best wr in the nfl at the time of the playoffs? Or how about getting a pass for it being his first playoff game after coming off a knee injury.

Or how about, this Sanchez did nothing but MANAGE them playoff games he was given for FREE.

oh, and you bring up week 2..do the jets get a pass for getting CRUSHED by the patriots in their 2nd game.

Guess what all you jets fans...The pats DESTROYED the Jets the last time they played..it wasnt close, it wasnt a "good game" the Patriots beat them very easily, like it was a NFL team vs a bunch of loud mouth arogant hight school players.

Archived