Green Jets & Ham

Albert Haynesworth

Jonathan Sullivan

Marcus Tubbs

Casey Hampton {most unlikely of the bunch from his current teams perspective}

Ryan Sims

Jimmy Kennedy

All young and all around 320 ... oldest DT on the list is Kennedy at 26

All recent 1st RD Picks who have disappointed in one form or another ... lack of production or injuries ... so it's possible one or more could be had for a 2nd RD Pick

All still too young to dismiss in terms of becoming quality starters as sometimes DT's take a bit longer to emerge

Anyone here you would offer a 2nd RD Pick for?

And please don't tell me you're comfortable with Lance "tweener" Legree as a starting DT for this team ... he's too small and he's not even a bona fide DT ... and the last time I looked Jon Vilma was not exactly a big MLB, so he deserves and may require more than a DE/DT tweener standing between him and the OG/C

Anyhow, do you see anyone on the above list you would offer a 2nd RD Pick for?

Under the circumstances, I'd have to consider dealing our 2 for any DT on that list with the exception of Jimmy Kennedy

I'd take a shot at either Sims or Sullivan for a #2. Both guys have the potential to be very good, especially on a line as stacked with talent as the Jets D-Line is. Why not go for it, the stategy worked with McCareins.

Agreed .. I would also deal a 2 for Haynesworth or Tubbs .. Hampton too, but I don't believe the Steelers would deal him

The thing is, this is a crappy draft for DT's ... I have zero confidence we will even find one who can contribute in 2005, and I am so NOT DOWN with starting Lance Legree

I follow the Saints by default.

I wouldn't give up a flaming bag filled with moose turds for Sullivan. I called him as a bust whenever they drafted him and it's surprised even me at how terrible this guy is.

I don't think Seattle would give up Tubbs just yet. As we all know from experience, you can't expect a rookie defensive tackle to come in and save the world.

However, I would definitely part with a 2 for Albert Haynesworth or Sims.

I follow the Saints by default.

I wouldn't give up a flaming bag filled with moose turds for Sullivan. I called him as a bust whenever they drafted him and it's surprised even me at how terrible this guy is.

I don't think Seattle would give up Tubbs just yet. As we all know from experience, you can't expect a rookie defensive tackle to come in and save the world.

However, I would definitely part with a 2 for Albert Haynesworth or Sims.

I'm pretty sure that Tennessee wouldn't part with Haynesworth right yet, especially after dismantling their team this year. They need to have someone back that knows the system. I like Ryan Sims a lot from his days here in Baby Blue land, and I think he and DRob would be an AWESOME combo inside. Do you think Donnie Defense could do anything with Sullivan? Maybe we can get him for a #3 or #4?

I'm pretty sure that Tennessee wouldn't part with Haynesworth right yet, especially after dismantling their team this year. They need to have someone back that knows the system. I like Ryan Sims a lot from his days here in Baby Blue land, and I think he and DRob would be an AWESOME combo inside. Do you think Donnie Defense could do anything with Sullivan? Maybe we can get him for a #3 or #4?

I think Sullivan is a lost cause. He's fat, lazy, and has a bad attitude. Last season, hours before a game, Sullivan snuck into the press box to have a few hamburgers for breakfast. Needless to say, he didn't play that day.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if the Saints wanted to trade him, as he is firmly entrenched in Jim Hasslett's doghouse. I wouldn't part with any higher than a 6th rounder for him, and since that's going to Denver, I'd offer them a 7th, take it or leave it.

Albert Haynesworth

Jonathan Sullivan

Marcus Tubbs

Casey Hampton {most unlikely of the bunch from his current teams perspective}

Ryan Sims

Jimmy Kennedy

I'd say forget all of these chumps and would rather use a 4th or 5th rounder on one of the guys I listed in my thread "Just what the doctor ordered."

A guy like Anthony Bryant 6'3" 330+ is Pat Williams/Ted Washington but for basically the rookie minimum. Plus you wouldn't have to waste a 2nd round pick on him either. Even Sione Pouha could slip and be a great pick up in the third.

The Saints might be willing to trade the player they franchised Darren Howard- he has played a little at tackle but is a defensive end. I would investigate that possibility for the defensive line.

just to clarify Lance Legree is not a starter in the true sense he would be a rotational guy -

it seems to me that JETS fans are worried about the lack of a snaps-eater - some guy who can stay out there all game long without wearing down

the reality is that they run a rotation and Lance Legree would be part of that rotation -

to be honest im weary of sending 2nd round picks to other teams for their trash - The JETS have Drob, Harper and Legree - can either sign a guy like Reed, Evans or Rocky Bernard for that last rotational spot or go to the draft for that 4th DT position -

another thing they could do is do both and expand the rotation, carrying 5DTs to make up for the loss of the snaps that Fergie is normally responsible for

just to clarify Lance Legree is not a starter in the true sense he would be a rotational guy -

yeah - I've not read that anybody on the Jets staff is looking at LaGree as a starting solution.

Good finds, Ham. I wouldn't touch Sullivan, and I think Hampton isn't leaving Pitt. Haynesworth, I think, could be had. He's struggled mightliy in Tennessee, and the fact that they threw al those guys out the front door would actually make a deal for draft picks MORE appealing. IMO, a deal including a 2 and 4 might be too much for them to ignore. I don't think Haynesworth is a world-beater, but as a part of a rotation, and with Herm patting his ass, he might do some good things for us.

Don't rule out The 3-4. The Jets won't go to it exclusively. But I suspect that you still may see it on occasion. Just like last year.

Especially if Cowart stays.

Since Lance Legree is a 300 pounder who can play DE. That gives the Jets the flexibility to play some 3-4.

You can line up Ellis, D-Rob and Legree on the d-line. With Vilma and Cowart in the middle and Abraham and Barton on the outside.

Plus D-Rob is big and strong enough to assume some of Ferguson's old duties.

Our defensive line rotation will be John Abraham, Shaun Ellis, Bryan Thomas and Trevor Johnson at DE.

Then you got, D-Rob, Legree, Harper, and fill in the blank here at DT. Thomas might play some DT too.

Perhaps Bernard, Perhaps another veteran or maybe a draft pick.

I'd love to get Haynesworth if possible. I don't think that those other guys are available. Although if Johnathan Sullivan keeps it up. He could run himslef out of New Orleans.

The Saints might be willing to trade the player they franchised Darren Howard- he has played a little at tackle but is a defensive end. I would investigate that possibility for the defensive line.

Saints are asking for a 2 for Howard.

He's a damn good defensive end, but I don't know about bringing him in as a DT. If the Jets were to get Howard, it would definitely enable them to trade Abraham if they so desired. Howard and Ellis are pretty much the same player.

Archived