WIZARD OF OZ Mafia Game Thread

SMC

And I confirmed it for you because you morons didn't know I had a mirror.... I was hoping to get whoever shot at me dead... 1 last kick to the ribs from SMC.

Figured that part out N1. With our actions we found 2 of the lollipop guild and Hess, had nothing done for us

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The interaction between you and Hess had me going for a bit that you coulda been the WWoW. The whole "what would you do? What should I do? Oh...vote sharrow" thing

It looked like a few people picked up on what I was trying to do throughout the game. I basically got no heat at all, not sure if it was intentional now or not though. I think everyone was just distracted. All of the neutrals made such a spectacle, and then the Cop thing. It's like we couldn't help but put our focus anywhere else than where it went. Other than day 1 killing I28 that is.

It looked like a few people picked up on what I was trying to do throughout the game. I basically got no heat at all, not sure if it was intentional now or not though. I think everyone was just distracted. All of the neutrals made such a spectacle, and then the Cop thing. It's like we couldn't help but put our focus anywhere else than where it went. Other than day 1 killing I28 that is.

Yeah the neutrals made the difference. We were able to offer them up the day after they got recruited with really no loss to us at all

that's why I said have hess shoot me... he dies then we've got the other 3 of you nailed... alas SMC decided to block it.

I'm confused. But I suppose it had to happen eventually in this game :P

I'm confused. But I suppose it had to happen eventually in this game :P

I knew you had a roleblocker and if you used it on me I was dead... I was hoping in your jubilation and pasting of cartoons you were going to forget to submit that action and one of you would die trying to kill me.

Once I saw Vic was Dorothy that's the ONLY chance we had... the fact that you thought you "tricked" me into confirming myself is silly.

bah.... I'm outta here.. gg.

And I confirmed it for you because you morons didn't know I had a mirror.... I was hoping to get whoever shot at me dead... 1 last kick to the ribs from SMC.

LOL, I tried buddy. I felt very naked after I gave you that mirror but I said **** it and continued with my crazy.

Great game scum!!! But tbh I think town really played a great game too. I think there were set points that were uncontrollable to some. Those certain set points determined the game. But again, great play by scum yeah yeah yeah. JVOR and AVM I never think of as scum but JVOR I KNEW at the end when him and Dan posted right after each other. Oh well. That was fun!!!! And Dan, very good town player not so good at teh scum. :D Vic can EAD.

I knew you had a roleblocker and if you used it on me I was dead... I was hoping in your jubilation and pasting of cartoons you were going to forget to submit that action and one of you would die trying to kill me.

Once I saw Vic was Dorothy that's the ONLY chance we had... the fact that you thought you "tricked" me into confirming myself is silly.

BTW, if they had forgotten to roleblock there Dorothy would have died and Team Wicked would have won.

Ah, I see.

BTW, I'm going to suggest in here what I suggested in the QT thread earlier. I think it's a good time for a short break, here. We've got the 4th coming up on Sunday so we all need to be spending time outdoors and with family anyways, and a lot of us are kind of on edge so it's probably a good time to take a timeout. Pac is right that we probably only have a couple games before we're done for a while, so I'm sure we'd rather not have people taking one or the last couple off angry. A little time off will do us all some good

LOL, I tried buddy. I felt very naked after I gave you that mirror but I said **** it and continued with my crazy.

Great game scum!!! But tbh I think town really played a great game too. I think there were set points that were uncontrollable to some. Those certain set points determined the game. But again, great play by scum yeah yeah yeah. JVOR and AVM I never think of as scum but JVOR I KNEW at the end when him and Dan posted right after each other. Oh well. That was fun!!!! And Dan, very good town player not so good at teh scum. :D Vic can EAD.

:(

Ah, I see.

BTW, I'm going to suggest in here what I suggested in the QT thread earlier. I think it's a good time for a short break, here. We've got the 4th coming up on Sunday so we all need to be spending time outdoors and with family anyways, and a lot of us are kind of on edge so it's probably a good time to take a timeout. Pac is right that we probably only have a couple games before we're done for a while, so I'm sure we'd rather not have people taking one or the last couple off angry. A little time off will do us all some good

I'm out. I'm legitimately annoyed right now. Good game.

Our night 1 actions initially seemed disastrous but they were very helpful.

We roleblocked CTM, which he evaded. Sharrow evaded his kill. We magic searched Hess and it was reflected back onto me. We toto searched Slats and he was not Toto.

It ended up clearing a lot of things for us at the end though.

At least you guys didn't have a lot of powers and stuff. Jaysus.

LOL...some funny **** in that thread. I28 h8's me cuz I'm a whinny bitch...lol

And CTM, I'm getting nervous about how much we are on the same page lately. Gross :puke2:

LOL I was thinking the same thing which originally had me thinking you were scum as you guys were agreeing on everything again. I was thinking this one had to manufactured. Good game btw!

Huh? Talk to me Vic. You should continue to dance on our bitter faces. That's the whole point of winning imo. I would do it.

Well, basically the last game I won as scum everyone did the same thing ZOMG WE GOT SCREWED.

Maybe it's standard to do after a game? Perhaps I should continue sax dancing

21oo3yg.jpg

A COUPLE OF POINTS...

The Race to the Neutrals

As Slats mentioned, he thought that if both the WWoW and Dorothy found the same Neutral at night then that Neutral should die, but I strongly disagreed.

1. This game was part Treasure Hunt. Both sides' chances at victory improve if they got the Neutrals.

WWoW becomes a 1-time Vigilante by finding the Wizard & can Cancel 1 Nightphase by finding the Good Witch.

Dorothy can kill the WWoW (who is bulletproof) if she finds the Wizard & becomes unlynchable by finding the Good Witch.

2. As a Treasure Hunt, it completely undermines the spirit of the game to be able to destroy the treasure so that someon else can't get it.

3. The Neutrals were 1-time bulletproof & 1-time lynchproof to prevent the town from killing them so that Team Dorothy couldn't get them. That power is lost once found by either side.

4. It would have been unfair to DPR and JiF if they could die if both sides had found them the same day. I didn't want to do that to them after giving them such good roles.

5. The Neutrals came up Ozite on investigation before found because only a Magic Finder could be able to find out their true nature.

6. The Neutrals were true wildcards. They didn't have a separate win condition. They win with whatever side found them.

7. Both Team Dorothy and WWoW had QT threads, so I was able to use the official time stamp to decide who submitted a Magic Find request first. The earliest one to do so after the lynch scene gets priority.

Balance

The Town was uber stacked. Seriously. This rivaled JVOR's Superhero game.

1. Every single townie had a special ability or role.

2. The WWoW had his own Mason Team which made things easier and gave the town the benefit of having its most important player coordinate with someone else.

3. In a standard 20 person game, 5 are scum and 15 are towns. Here, while there were 5 scum, they were split up 4 and 1.

4. There was a Backup Finder (Runin) and Backup Magic Finder (CTM the Munchkin was the designee but died).

5. Pac & Slats had more information that townies would normally get so they were able to maneuver in ways townies normally can't.

WWWWombat

1. It is unfortunate what happened, but I wanted to keep the spirit of a bomb in tack. As I know it, if the bomb self votes then he kills the second to last vote. I couldn't explain that at the time because of the exceptions.

Pac, Vicious, DPR and JiF couldn't die from the bomb if they had hammered. The next person on the list would. That nature had to be hidden.

The timing was fortuitous in both voting at the same time. I apologize for the confusion.

Unlynchables

Bleedin asked how many people were unlynchable.

Only 1 was unlynchable: Pac. Later it was Vicious once he found DPR. DPR & JiF had 1-time lynchproof ability.

LOL...some funny **** in that thread. I28 h8's me cuz I'm a whinny bitch...lol

And CTM, I'm getting nervous about how much we are on the same page lately. Gross :puke2:

It's disconcerting.. But I do think you are very good at finding and baiting scum, so i take that as a compliment :D

Thanks, Hess and Vicious.

Hess, you came up with a great idea and I just went with it.

It was a lot of fun watching & reading the QT threads.

I wanted this game to be more like a chess match or submarine warefare so I put the Neutrals in place. There was a lot of strategizing going on which I enjoy.

Great game SMC.. i can see everyone put a lot of hard work into it after skimming those QT threads. I think everyone did pretty well, many townies + wwow did a real good job picking out scum, Lily made a nice play saving DPR for team dorothy, i think jif did as good a job signalling as could be expected, and scum did an excellant job during the night phase and injecting enough confusion into the days to give them the time to find the wwow..

well played game imo, i dont think anything was cheap at all..

Great game SMC.. i can see everyone put a lot of hard work into it after skimming those QT threads. I think everyone did pretty well, many townies + wwow did a real good job picking out scum, Lily made a nice play saving DPR for team dorothy, i think jif did as good a job signalling as could be expected, and scum did an excellant job during the night phase and injecting enough confusion into the days to give them the time to find the wwow..

well played game imo, i dont think anything was cheap at all..

BTW -- I was actually preparing to buddy up with you like I've done with others in past games, only I was town then. Then we killed you :P

BTW -- I was actually preparing to buddy up with you like I've done with others in past games, only I was town then. Then we killed you :P

I'd have never spotted it unless bleedin came back with a guilty lol..

you guys spared me being exposed! :D

Archived