Tike Barber says he's broke

Dude Love

People have kids all the time who barely like each other, nothing new about that. How many failing couples think that a new baby is a new start?

On any PR level Tiki is the loser, public betrayal isn't a very attractive quality from a PR prospective. It did however create the catalyst for change. That could end up being much more positive for Tiki, Tiki's wife and children than any of us will ever know?

Personally I think people should work out their differences and either stay together or decide to leave before betrayal but many of us don't have the strength to make those moves without doing something really destructive first.

They all may end up fine when it's all said and done, but that's not the point. The point is, he didn't have the strength and that is what we are laughing at and condemning. You yourself characterize it as "public betrayal" so obviously he was wrong even in your eyes.

You didn't feel sorry for her because she was "well provided for" but, as CoachT points out, the point of Tiki claiming poverty is that he can't/won't provide for her and their children.

I think he actually said he was to broke for divorce. It may well be her settlement demands will break him and have nothing to do with his intentions to take care of his kids and give her a "reasonable" alimony. Don't be shocked when she threatens to deny him joint custody if she hasn't allready.

I wouldn't get carried away by the public negiotating tactics by either side.

A multi million dollar home and a high priced Nany is hardly being abandoned.

Maybe I struggle here because I still think marriages are a sacred trust. Statisitcs about failing marriages just show what garbage our society have become, they don;t make it ok.

I'm not saying he had a good marriage or even if she was a good wife, I have no way to know that. Intentions to take care of your kids? What ever happen to setting an example for your kids the way you live your life, theirs more to fatherhood than trust funds and nanny's. He left his wife and kids, both born and unborn for his own selfish need for strange.

Please don;t give me with this... he deserve to be happy crap because thats nonsense. If they are having marital issues then he should have hung in their to get her thru the pregnancy and then left after taking care of business. Not just decided that Tiki's penis is more important than Tiki's family. Marriage is beyond the man woman thing, it also involves the kids.

I can care less if she was the worst woman ever, you still hang in their and respect the marriage and leave it in the best possible way for the kids. Not saying you have to stay miserably married forver, but at least you handle your business for your kids and ex.

Maybe I struggle here because I still think marriages are a sacred trust. Statisitcs about failing marriages just show what garbage our society have become, they don;t make it ok.

I'm not saying he had a good marriage or even if she was a good wife, I have no way to know that. Intentions to take care of your kids? What ever happen to setting an example for your kids the way you live your life, theirs more to fatherhood than trust funds and nanny's. He left his wife and kids, both born and unborn for his own selfish need for strange.

Please don;t give me with this... he deserve to be happy crap because thats nonsense. If they are having marital issues then he should have hung in their to get her thru the pregnancy and then left after taking care of business. Not just decided that Tiki's penis is more important than Tiki's family. Marriage is beyond the man woman thing, it also involves the kids.

I can care less if she was the worst woman ever, you still hang in their and respect the marriage and leave it in the best possible way for the kids. Not saying you have to stay miserably married forver, but at least you handle your business for your kids and ex.

In principle I totally agree with your post!

Reality is I have had many good friends with kids have failed marriages. I pretty much lost one of my best friends because I was overly judgemental about the way he wrecked his marriage and at that moment in time his family. Reality is both of them recovered and have remarried happily and have really nice well adjusted families.

We don't deserve anything but we will strive for everything including our own happiness. It's not really a bad thing to move on and be able to put things behind you. It's also a good thing to fight for it and work it out if you can.

I'm not sure the stats show what garbarge our society has become. We live in a pretty open and free society that just happens to allow greater numbers of people the freedom to move on from mistakes that would otherwise trap them in a horrible situation?

I grew up in the 50's and 60's and allways thought the parents of my friends who never said a word to each other and were drinking constantly had great marriages. It was only when they split in the 80's and 90's that I figured it maybe not so much?

Crusher our society is deteriorating before our eyes. It gets worse and worse every decade and will continue to get worse. We may slowly be advancing technically (even thats being held back) but we are regressing socially and it has happened all throughout history. It will lead to our ultimate destruction simply because people, in general, are ****ing stupid.

Crusher our society is deteriorating before our eyes. It gets worse and worse every decade and will continue to get worse. We may slowly be advancing technically (even thats being held back) but we are regressing socially and it has happened all throughout history. It will lead to our ultimate destruction simply because people, in general, are ****ing stupid.

i wonder if there is any correlation with the fact that society is getting more "progressive" :confused:

Any man that steps out on his eight month pregnant wife of 11 years is a dirt bag, piece of manure, m-effer. There is no grey area here. He screwed around with an intern while his wife was pregnant with twin girls and was caring for their two little boys. I hope the ex gets top alimony and max child support. Sell your car, your business ventures, your watches, your homes, your NFC Champ ring.....whatever Tiki.

He should, however, be denied sperm donorship by court order as a means of raising money. There are enough Tiki repro's around already, thank you very much.

Barber ditched his wife of 11 years, Ginny, for 23-year-old blond former NBC intern Traci Lynn Johnson, now claims his career is in tatters and that he has taken a huge financial hit since his estimated $300,000 NBC contract ended.

It could not happen to a better guy! he deserves what he gets! He left his wife during her recent preganacy. What kind of schmuck is that? A big one!

Barber ditched his wife of 11 years, Ginny, for 23-year-old blond former NBC intern Traci Lynn Johnson, now claims his career is in tatters and that he has taken a huge financial hit since his estimated $300,000 NBC contract ended.

Good for him. Best of luck jerkoff. :P

Archived