ZELDA MAFIA : GAME ON

RuninOut

unvote

vote Pac

Haha, that's not a serious vote. I will admit to my earlier votes being slightly random, but I was just trying to put pressure on some people. This day has gone by so slow, it's not even funny. Just trying to get things going, which in my opinion worked. We backed Brett into a corner, which made JVoR go nuts. However, he's backed off a bit. At this point in time I'm willing to go with either JVoR if he does not provide a satisfactory reasoning for that time bomb (why would Zelda's protector, presumably Impa, have a random time bomb? Why would Zelda die instead of his protector if he didn't self-vote himself? etc.) Either way he could be worth a lynch.

Gringo hasn't been very inactive, my vote was to maybe pressure him into posting a bit. It's his first game, so I wouldn't like to see him get lynched day one unless he's going to be inactive throughout.

• Replies 863
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha, that's not a serious vote. I will admit to my earlier votes being slightly random, but I was just trying to put pressure on some people. This day has gone by so slow, it's not even funny. Just trying to get things going, which in my opinion worked. We backed Brett into a corner, which made JVoR go nuts. However, he's backed off a bit. At this point in time I'm willing to go with either JVoR if he does not provide a satisfactory reasoning for that time bomb (why would Zelda's protector, presumably Impa, have a random time bomb? Why would Zelda die instead of his protector if he didn't self-vote himself? etc.) Either way he could be worth a lynch.

Gringo hasn't been very inactive, my vote was to maybe pressure him into posting a bit. It's his first game, so I wouldn't like to see him get lynched day one unless he's going to be inactive throughout.

I would also vote for War Ensemble based upon his lame reasoning for hopping on trains, like CTM hopping on penis at a Phish concert.

I would also vote for War Ensemble based upon his lame reasoning for hopping on trains, like CTM hopping on penis at a Phish concert.

Haha, but I'm admitting to having lame reasons...

The only train that is not in vain, in my opinion, is one on JVoR. I've changed my mind on Gringo, as lynching him gains us nothing. One of JVoR or Brett is mafia. The whole bomb thing, in my opinion, is a ploy to get votes away from him. I can't think of any character that would have such a role as protector of Zelda. Lastly, the "vote me because I hate my role" seems like some psychological thing to pull votes away.

I have to switch my votes again (after all, the Pac vote was a joke). This may be my last vote before the deadline because I have work tomorrow until 4.

unvote

vote JVoR

Vote Count:

Jvor (6) – AVM, Jvor, Verbal, BG, Sharrow, WE

Gringo (3) – Vicious, Brett, I-28

Jif (1) – Gringo

Vic (1) – Jetscode

I-28 (1) BG

Brett (1) – Jif

WE (1) – Pac

With 17 players, you need 9 to lynch

Ginko Biloba checking in. I have been checking in to look every day, didn't seem like too much was going on. I thought this game was going to have some kind of Zelda theme.

Starting to see how the Mafia game works a bit.

Ginko's back and Im not sure what we gain by lynching him. Not to mention we usually don;t lynch newbs day 1. Ginko, no not a lot going on because people haven;t been posing. So hang out and try and share some thoughts.

Very slow game and with a 5 O'clock deadline coming something huge has to happen or JVOR is going to be lynched instead of a random lynch. Does anyone other than War know enough about Zelda to comment on if JVOR's reveal makes any sense?

Since Gringo has checked in and I really cant blame him as new player not getting involved on day 1 when nothing really makes sense, and I'm against lynching newbies.

Unvote Bret

Vote JVOR

We are delaying the inevitable. Though I really want to lynch Bret, guy always escapes getting lynched. He needs to experience it...its a life altering experience.

I'm starting to wonder if JVoR can even post still. His last post is that he was seriously gimped, and a lot of people have been asking him questions and he hasn't responded. He did mention in his reveal that he had some type of post restriction.

Gringo- Nice to see you back. Its funny how the game moves really slow if everyone just sits back not posting because the games moving really slow... Have any thoughts on any one so far?

Crusher- Like WE said, I can sort of see the resemblance to a character that JVoR is claiming, but I learned from Star Wars that playing character-identity politics is a bad way to go about a game (hopefully you did to ;))

Jif- My name has 2 T's damnit. Calling a Brett "Bret" is one of the biggest insults you can make against our name! Almost as bad as "Brent"

Unvote Gringo now that hes here.

I'm starting to wonder if JVoR can even post still. His last post is that he was seriously gimped, and a lot of people have been asking him questions and he hasn't responded. He did mention in his reveal that he had some type of post restriction.

Gringo- Nice to see you back. Its funny how the game moves really slow if everyone just sits back not posting because the games moving really slow... Have any thoughts on any one so far?

Crusher- Like WE said, I can sort of see the resemblance to a character that JVoR is claiming, but I learned from Star Wars that playing character-identity politics is a bad way to go about a game (hopefully you did to ;))

Jif- My name has 2 T's damnit. Calling a Brett "Bret" is one of the biggest insults you can make against our name! Almost as bad as "Brent"

Unvote Gringo now that hes here.

Relax Bret, my brothers name is Brent.

JVOR's reveal definitely stinks, but I think there is probably some partial truth to it and it doesnt mean he is scum. I highly doubt a player like JVOR would play his cards like this as scum. However, we've seen him with interesting more 3rd party roles do similar actions early in the game, escape, and role out the rest of the way.

I'm sensing that a little bit. I dont know if I want to change my vote because part of the role he might not be lying about is useful/believable.

I caught up and read through JVoR's reveal. That was the first thing that popped into my head, I believe it was the Thing game was it not? He played it fast and loose, because he took an attitude of it would be near impossible for him to win and he almost rode that to victory that game. I'm straining my memory but I feel like he tried to implicate someone who was town that game (CTM?) even though it was an anti-town move to vet himself. The way he's played this game isn't exactly pro-town to me.

The JVoR reveal is definitely off to me. I've had a game with him as scum, or two, and have watched him as a mod in the Lost game. He is very calculated when it boils down to it when he's scum. When he's town he jumps around on votes a little more and additionally, he is a little more cautious. To see him say that he had to vote in the first half of the votes to save Zelda and not fulfilling that seems like a lapse of mind that isn't typical for him. I was willing to let him live another day because he hadn't revealed and would want to see how he played the following day. With everything I've read I have reason to believe he is some kind of third party player IMO.

Considering he's at L-1 I'm not going to vote JVoR, but I will unvote Gringo since he at least made a 3rd post (ZOMG SO HELPHULL). I'm with Verbal and I want to hear more from JVoR on the voting in the first half thing. That's really the main sticking point to me that has me ready to put my vote on him. I'd rather hear from him first before I drop the hammer.

Unvote Gringo.

I caught up and read through JVoR's reveal. That was the first thing that popped into my head, I believe it was the Thing game was it not? He played it fast and loose, because he took an attitude of it would be near impossible for him to win and he almost rode that to victory that game. I'm straining my memory but I feel like he tried to implicate someone who was town that game (CTM?) even though it was an anti-town move to vet himself. The way he's played this game isn't exactly pro-town to me.

The JVoR reveal is definitely off to me. I've had a game with him as scum, or two, and have watched him as a mod in the Lost game. He is very calculated when it boils down to it when he's scum. When he's town he jumps around on votes a little more and additionally, he is a little more cautious. To see him say that he had to vote in the first half of the votes to save Zelda and not fulfilling that seems like a lapse of mind that isn't typical for him. I was willing to let him live another day because he hadn't revealed and would want to see how he played the following day. With everything I've read I have reason to believe he is some kind of third party player IMO.

Considering he's at L-1 I'm not going to vote JVoR, but I will unvote Gringo since he at least made a 3rd post (ZOMG SO HELPHULL). I'm with Verbal and I want to hear more from JVoR on the voting in the first half thing. That's really the main sticking point to me that has me ready to put my vote on him. I'd rather hear from him first before I drop the hammer.

Unvote Gringo.

I kind of wish jvor would post some more and explain. I'll be around to hammer, but i'm not sure JVOR is the best move. The problem is that I'm not sure there's any other choice.

I'm actually not compelled by Gringo's post and would rather he go then brett, jvor or WE (who is my favorite for scum, but atleast they are contributing)

unvote vote Gringo flagrant inactivity in an inactive game and deadline looming. I will switch to JVOR is need be..

I kind of wish jvor would post some more and explain. I'll be around to hammer, but i'm not sure JVOR is the best move. The problem is that I'm not sure there's any other choice.

I'm actually not compelled by Gringo's post and would rather he go then brett, jvor or WE (who is my favorite for scum, but atleast they are contributing)

unvote vote Gringo flagrant inactivity in an inactive game and deadline looming. I will switch to JVOR is need be..

I dont think anyone is, but I dont see JVOR posting before the deadline and is he really going to save himself from saying anything to stop the lynch?

No - but you take the high road with your bad self.

Brent's a great name for ripping freestyle. All the cool words I spit, Rhyme with Brent. Like Clark Kent and Coochie dent.

I'd love to have a free style battle with you. EPIC!!!

I dont think anyone is, but I dont see JVOR posting before the deadline and is he really going to save himself from saying anything to stop the lynch?

Im a little old for the rap battle thing it happen after my time. I just sip whiskey get nice and kick freestyle to get the ladies in the groove. I rap for the biitches and I don't pull switches.

And if it doesn't happen, I'll hammer him, so stfu. A few more hours of sleep after a week of a sleepy game isn't going to hurt

:gay:

Unvote Gringo.

Jeesh, i'm becoming way too predictable if you and JiF call me a 3rd party player and get it right. I'm not exactly 3rd party, I just could win even if the town loses. I could win with the town as well. My victory condition relies heavily on Zelda and I both surviving. I don't know if Zelda knows who I am or not though, but I do know who Zelda is. I just won't out it cause i'm not going to ruin someone else's game and be petty if i can help it.

If I was playing strictly for the town though my list of scum would be 1) Brett 2) CTM 3) Pac 4) Verbal in that order. Brett is deathly scared that i'm actually a bomb and his reaction to me was odd as hell. Even now he didn't want to risk voting me because his #1 concern is about his own survival. He's hyper defensive as town and I saw little of that early this game. BUT, he conveniently pops up on occasion at crucial moments for him.

CTM is doing a very similar thing where he's very interested in finding out every detail about the bombness, discredits my reveal as really fake but refuses to vote me. (i.e, imo, he's scared)

Pac has just been kind of off and not as aggressive. And also oddly nonconfrontational with me when I imagine that he'd be the first in my face.

Anyways, vote me and get it over with. I'm not going to take one of you down with me, i made that part up. What I could do was martyr myself if zelda ever got lynched but that's really not going to come into play soon. I play looser as 3rd party cause if i **** up royally i don't ruin anyone else's game too much since i'm playing mostly for myself. Guess I have to change that up. Game's dragging so proceed.

Jeesh, i'm becoming way too predictable if you and JiF call me a 3rd party player and get it right. I'm not exactly 3rd party, I just could win even if the town loses. I could win with the town as well. My victory condition relies heavily on Zelda and I both surviving. I don't know if Zelda knows who I am or not though, but I do know who Zelda is. I just won't out it cause i'm not going to ruin someone else's game and be petty if i can help it.

If I was playing strictly for the town though my list of scum would be 1) Brett 2) CTM 3) Pac 4) Verbal in that order. Brett is deathly scared that i'm actually a bomb and his reaction to me was odd as hell. Even now he didn't want to risk voting me because his #1 concern is about his own survival. He's hyper defensive as town and I saw little of that early this game. BUT, he conveniently pops up on occasion at crucial moments for him.

CTM is doing a very similar thing where he's very interested in finding out every detail about the bombness, discredits my reveal as really fake but refuses to vote me. (i.e, imo, he's scared)

Pac has just been kind of off and not as aggressive. And also oddly nonconfrontational with me when I imagine that he'd be the first in my face.

Anyways, vote me and get it over with. I'm not going to take one of you down with me, i made that part up. What I could do was martyr myself if zelda ever got lynched but that's really not going to come into play soon. I play looser as 3rd party cause if i **** up royally i don't ruin anyone else's game too much since i'm playing mostly for myself. Guess I have to change that up. Game's dragging so proceed.

unvote

This makes more sense. CTM and myself have got creative and fib-a-riffic with our town reveals before to throw scum off, so I get it man.

Truth is with deadline at 5 o'clock your probaby dead anyways, but I will try this and see if anyone else is interested.

vote brett

Seem to be the hot topic earlier and I think if you can be martyred for Zelda maybe your important enough to keep though you may die at night anyways. Plus I got to martyr myself for BZ in the reverse mafia game and it was my teh mafia career highlight.

If nothing happens by 3-4 I will vote JVOR instead of random.

So your first reveal was a lie, but this one's the truth? The whole truth?

Sounds a lot more to me like you've been outed as 3rd party, but want to make it sound like you're some sort of town-friendly third party. But if you have your own win condition, it makes it hard for me to believe that you and the town could both win. Now that you've outed yourself as someone who could martyr yourself if Zelda was to get lynched, that would pretty quickly identify Zelda to the bad guys if that were to happen, no? Makes that ability sorta useless.

Rather than run up a late train, I think it's safer at this point to

vote: JVoR

So your first reveal was a lie, but this one's the truth? The whole truth?

Sounds a lot more to me like you've been outed as 3rd party, but want to make it sound like you're some sort of town-friendly third party. But if you have your own win condition, it makes it hard for me to believe that you and the town could both win. Now that you've outed yourself as someone who could martyr yourself if Zelda was to get lynched, that would pretty quickly identify Zelda to the bad guys if that were to happen, no? Makes that ability sorta useless.

Rather than run up a late train, I think it's safer at this point to

vote: JVoR

Your probably right. But I know Ive been caught lying about my town role before and still think if he can take a bullet for Zelda that it might be good to have him around. I'll swithc my vote back at 3 if nothing else gets going.

so now Zelda dies if your lynched, supposedly? Your entire reveal has been a lie.

Hey, I could be wrong about you like I was about Vicious that one game, but I really don't think I am. I'm about 80-20 on you being scum.

The initial vote was just probing mostly but it got me a lot of backlash so I ran with it. The bomb ploy was really to get pressure on you and imo, you and CTM reacted how I expect Scum to react.

Reason being, since a scum team would know i'm not scum, they have to take my bluff seriously. Even if they suspect me as 3rd party, few would have the balls to go gung ho and challenge my claim like a few people did here. So what's the easy solution? Unvote while casting doubts on me. Quite frankly, you didn't get offended ENOUGH that i goaded you.

Wong again daniel-son.. I don't think your scum, and I kind of believe the zelda thing, which is why I wasn't voting you earlier and don't intend to now either unless forced to. And I said you reveal was fake sounding if not being a DM modded game..

I still think the best course is to get rid of dead weight since the game is dragging..

Wong again daniel-son.. I don't think your scum, and I kind of believe the zelda thing, which is why I wasn't voting you earlier and don't intend to now either unless forced to. And I said you reveal was fake sounding if not being a DM modded game..

I still think the best course is to get rid of dead weight since the game is dragging..

I call BS. Town CTM would have me lynched as it's the right play for the town to make. You of all people don't subscribe to the lynch dead weight theory...the "take the easy lynch" theory.

You were scared of you or a teammate dying on day one and now you're trying to push an alternative.

And if it doesn't happen, I'll hammer him, so stfu. A few more hours of sleep after a week of a sleepy game isn't going to hurt

:gay:

I'm going to go ahead and get this out of the way...I'm really good at mafia and completely underrated.

I'm all for Bret. I'd be willing to go there...and its not because of the outstanding case Pac put together...it was his reactions to JVOR.

If we can get a train going on Bret, I'm there. Otherwise, I think we a delaying the inevitable by not just hammering you. I just dont any drastic votes changes taking place with the game moving this slow.

I call BS. Town CTM would have me lynched as it's the right play for the town to make. You of all people don't subscribe to the lynch dead weight theory...the "take the easy lynch" theory.

You were scared of you or a teammate dying on day one and now you're trying to push an alternative.

Town CTM does take the easy lynch theory when up against a deadline, I hammered JetsCode just last game even though I spent all day arguing against it. And lol that i'd stick my neck out for bret.

Town CTM does take the easy lynch theory when up against a deadline, I hammered JetsCode just last game even though I spent all day arguing against it. And lol that i'd stick my neck out for bret.

We were far from a deadline earlier. Right around the time you and Brett both unvoted me yesterday...and stayed off. If you want to cite prior games, you were all for taking one for the team when I28 was an explosive character. Why not this game? Oh right, cause you're butt buddies with Brett in all probability.

Tell me this much, what is your opinion of Brett's alignment this game?

We were far from a deadline earlier. Right around the time you and Brett both unvoted me yesterday...and stayed off. If you want to cite prior games, you were all for taking one for the team when I28 was an explosive character. Why not this game? Oh right, cause you're butt buddies with Brett in all probability.

Hey numbnuts.. a) i thought i28 was scum that game and don't think you are this one ... and B) i've said several times i will hammer you if need be. Shall i quote them?

This is absurd, you've alluded to having more information and a protective role, but you think town CTM would just blindly hammer you? complete BS.

Tell me this much, what is your opinion of Brett's alignment this game?

Same as I always do early, scummy. It's no longer a tell. I'll hammer him also, but he hasn't been within range in awhile and the intial train seemed to be joke based. And again, I prefer to kill off an inactive up until the last hour or so, this game as been a snooze...

Hey numbnuts.. a) i thought i28 was scum that game and don't think you are this one ... and B) i've said several times i will hammer you if need be. Shall i quote them?

This is absurd, you've alluded to having more information and a protective role, but you think town CTM would just blindly hammer you? complete BS.

Same as I always do early, scummy. It's no longer a tell. I'll hammer him also, but he hasn't been within range in awhile and the intial train seemed to be joke based. And again, I prefer to kill off an inactive up until the last hour or so, this game as been a snooze...

meh. You're always a tough read for me. I thought you were scum last game when you were town. I think you're scum this game. Who knows. Not like my opinion is likely going to matter too much in a few hours. lol.

What I gleaned from this:

1. JVoR can win without the town, which immediately makes him hostile to the town, even if he claims to be able to win with the town.

2. You claim that you can die in Zelda's place, but that seems a rather useless power. They would just kill Zelda again the next day! Unless it goes something like: mafia kills Zelda-player, your character gets killed instead of Zelda, you now take on Zelda's powers?

3. You admit to lying about your past role...I get the sneaking suspicion you may still be lying.

We have an hour and a half until the deadline--JVoR has admitted to lying and being a third party role that can win without the town. Why haven't we hammered him?

Archived