ZELDA MAFIA : GAME ON

RuninOut

Seems like an interesting setup anyway. I wonder if the three gods are a 3rd party group, or just on their own. I'm not sure how much of what he said can be believed, but I assume he did have a separate win condition just based on the way he played it.

Agreed ... he basically rolled over and gave up. (Lame!) I can't really see him doing that if he's working on a team, unless he wins/gains something by dying.

• Replies 863
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well that was the slowest damn day in mafia I've seen in a while. And it got us pretty much nothing, because a townie decided to lie about his role and get caught (and lynched). Wonderful. We are all on the topic of the first half bomb thing, and he was lying. Lovely.

FYI - there are only two alignments given - innocent and not innocent.

I don't think he was quite a townie. He wasn't scum, but he had his own win condition. He wouldn't lie about that. Overall, not a bad lynch for D1.

I don't think he was quite a townie. He wasn't scum, but he had his own win condition. He wouldn't lie about that. Overall, not a bad lynch for D1.

I think the three goddesses potentially have their own win condition if one of them survives. With this, Nayru and Farore would also win with the town, making them innocent. Din would win with the mafia as well as their separate group. Maybe Farore/Din can still "protect" Link/Ganondorf like JVoR said he could with Zelda. In which case, we would need to take out Din to win...

Checking in....

Still waiting on night actions.

I will be imposing deadlines a lot faster in the future, FYI. Until Runin shows up, this is now my baby, imo. And to make things easier on me, I'm making an executive decision. Alignments will be given as mafia and not mafia from now on. JVoR was not mafia.

(Yes, I'm really looking for that spanking ;)) Seriously, it's hard enough to mod a game I didn't write....

Odds we actually finish this game?

Some of you will. *snicker*

We will get to day as soon as I get the last two night actions. Sorry things were so slow before. That has changed, believe me.

JiF was wandering along a forest path in Hyrule when he came upon a body. Oh, no! It was his beloved Muffin Top! JiF fell to his knees next to the body, hoping against hope that he was still breathing, but alas, it was not so. Nobody could lose that much blood and still be alive. As he sobbed over his lover’s body, Crusher’s beloved Bup-ze never felt the knife that entered his back and pierced his heart.

Lens_of_Truth.png

Crusher, the Man who can See the Truth, not mafia, is dead

HappyMaskSalesman.jpg

JiF, the Happy Mask Salesman, not mafia, is dead of a pierced and broken heart.

It is a sad day, indeed, for Hyrule. Nevertheless, you must continue to try to find those who want Hyrule’s destruction, or your beloved land is lost forever. It is Day Two. Get to lynching.

With 14 alive, you need 8 to lynch.

JiF was wandering along a forest path in Hyrule when he came upon a body. Oh, no! It was his beloved Muffin Top! JiF fell to his knees next to the body, hoping against hope that he was still breathing, but alas, it was not so. Nobody could lose that much blood and still be alive. As he sobbed over his lover’s body, Crusher’s beloved Bup-ze never felt the knife that entered his back and pierced his heart.

Lens_of_Truth.png

Crusher, the Man who can See the Truth, not mafia, is dead

HappyMaskSalesman.jpg

JiF, the Happy Mask Salesman, not mafia, is dead of a pierced and broken heart.

It is a sad day, indeed, for Hyrule. Nevertheless, you must continue to try to find those who want Hyrule’s destruction, or your beloved land is lost forever. It is Day Two. Get to lynching.

With 14 alive, you need 8 to lynch.

I knew I was getting killed. Should have posted my thoughts at night.

Go town.

Are you saying the deaths are related, like lovers or siblings? Or is this just flavor?

It's just flavor. I have to do something since I don't know the source material, so I played up their JN bromance.

It's just flavor. I have to do something since I don't know the source material, so I played up their JN bromance.

Thanks.

Not good news, but thanks. Means a separate team, vig, or SK got a shot in too last night. And neither Crush nor JiF looked like the kind of guy a vig would've gone after.

Thanks.

Not good news, but thanks. Means a separate team, vig, or SK got a shot in too last night. And neither Crush nor JiF looked like the kind of guy a vig would've gone after.

I had the same question about flavor or lovers.

Crusher and JIF being targeted on N1 basically makes if very obvious that the SK, Vig and Scum decisions at least on N1, were being made by very established players here... Pac, Vic, CTM, Slats come to mind first.

I've felt that Pac is playing like he's doing a bad impression of himself. I expected him to come out with a vote on CTM on D2, didn't think it would be as immediate as it was. CTM has been withdrawn, but sometimes does that on D1. I need to see more from him on D2.

At this point, I feel strongly that 1, if not both, of these 2 butt-darts is scum.

Vote Pac

Vote CTM

That freakshow always follows the unwritten rule about not voting off newbies on day 1 yet yesterday he was ready to break it. He and the ensemblebee are my 2 favorites at this point.

You pig. What you are leaving off is I was advocating him over Jvor who i was buying the zelda protection bit. I'm all for giving newbies time to play, when they're actually playing..

I do however agree about WE..

Thanks.

Not sure if I remember ever seeing a vig actually take a shot on the first night. I think War said earlier that an SK fits into the theme. Seems like a good bet, imo.

Also sounds like Crusher might have been a lie detector. If so, I hope he wasn't our only investigative role.

Sorry about that Brett.

We need a replacement for AVM. He can't play. Anybody have any suggestions?

Vote Count:

CTM (1) – Pac

Pac (1) – I28

With 14 players you need 8 to lynch. No deadline yet.

Sorry about that Brett.

We need a replacement for AVM. He can't play. Anybody have any suggestions?

Vote Count:

CTM (1) – Pac

Pac (1) – I28

With 14 players you need 8 to lynch. No deadline yet.

DPR is watching. Wheres Nae?

And the Gay Marriage/Prop 8 battle in Cali just ended, so Doggin should be done with his trial now :D

Definitely sucks about JiF and Crusher. Two good players who I know I was getting any particular scum read on. Of course, that probably also has a little something to do with why they're dead. As many have already pointed out, this makes it very likely we're looking at a SK in this game. I kind of agree with some of the thoughts on WE, but I honestly haven't seen him play in so long I really can't remember if this is just the way he is or not. Plus, my only other hesitation as the one guy who seems to know the source material, some of his information is kind of handy, but that's obviously not enough reason not to lynch him if he seems scummiest today.

Not seeing CTM as overly scummy just yet, but I'm sure that'll change before the game's end. I think it was I28 who pointed out Pac was playing a little off, and I kind of see his point that, definitely bears watching.

In terms of need a replacement player, Lily, if you can't find anyone else interested in doing it, as long as neither has information that would have an impact on the game, I might recommend allowing JiF or Crusher to take over the role. It's not ideal, but we've done it in games on here before and as long as they don't know anything that will skew the game, it shouldn't really matter too much. At the very least you know they've been following the game and will contribute. Just something to think about in case you can't find anyone.

Definitely sucks about JiF and Crusher. Two good players who I know I was getting any particular scum read on. Of course, that probably also has a little something to do with why they're dead. As many have already pointed out, this makes it very likely we're looking at a SK in this game. I kind of agree with some of the thoughts on WE, but I honestly haven't seen him play in so long I really can't remember if this is just the way he is or not. Plus, my only other hesitation as the one guy who seems to know the source material, some of his information is kind of handy, but that's obviously not enough reason not to lynch him if he seems scummiest today.

Not seeing CTM as overly scummy just yet, but I'm sure that'll change before the game's end. I think it was I28 who pointed out Pac was playing a little off, and I kind of see his point that, definitely bears watching.

In terms of need a replacement player, Lily, if you can't find anyone else interested in doing it, as long as neither has information that would have an impact on the game, I might recommend allowing JiF or Crusher to take over the role. It's not ideal, but we've done it in games on here before and as long as they don't know anything that will skew the game, it shouldn't really matter too much. At the very least you know they've been following the game and will contribute. Just something to think about in case you can't find anyone.

You seem to be feeling much sympathy for the fallen town members.

This is going around in my head as well. Could be a great help, there's a risk however that he could manipulate us, but at this point I think the pro's outweight the cons..

In terms of the NK's, I pretty much agree, unless we have a vig who has to shoot, it's probably a SK..

Well, that night absolutely sucked. There's gotta be a SK somewhere, not a vig-type because there's no reason to blow his load day one. So we're down three innocents early--not good.

Some thoughts: I find this CTM/Pac as guilty thing interesting. Pac is voting CTM early, while they are both drawing attention from different players. However, they are both agreeing on me. I don't know what to make of it.

JiF died along a forest path in Hyrule. Why is this interesting? Skull kids reside in forests. Putting myself in the game mod's feet, I would probably naturally post the mafia kill before the SK kill. Thus, the mafia targeted Crusher and skull kid got JiF. Skull kid knocks the happy mask salesman unconscious to start Majora's Mask--one of those masks could have easily given him some sort of power a la Majora's Mask. Maybe he can't control who he kills--Skull kid couldn't.

Crusher probably had some investigative role, but I really hope he isn't the only one with such powers...that would suck tremendously.

Well, that night absolutely sucked. There's gotta be a SK somewhere, not a vig-type because there's no reason to blow his load day one. So we're down three innocents early--not good.

Some thoughts: I find this CTM/Pac as guilty thing interesting. Pac is voting CTM early, while they are both drawing attention from different players. However, they are both agreeing on me. I don't know what to make of it.

JiF died along a forest path in Hyrule. Why is this interesting? Skull kids reside in forests. Putting myself in the game mod's feet, I would probably naturally post the mafia kill before the SK kill. Thus, the mafia targeted Crusher and skull kid got JiF. Skull kid knocks the happy mask salesman unconscious to start Majora's Mask--one of those masks could have easily given him some sort of power a la Majora's Mask. Maybe he can't control who he kills--Skull kid couldn't.

Crusher probably had some investigative role, but I really hope he isn't the only one with such powers...that would suck tremendously.

While I agree that a SK -or third party of some kind- is most like the culprit in one of the kills, I wouldn't put too much credence in JiF dying along a forest path when our lovely mod has told us that she doesn't know the source material. I'm guessing that's flavor, too.

I am interested in your thoughts on what their roles might've been, though, being that I don't know the source material, either.

Archived