Giants on MNF Discussion

Jetsfan80

OK, so its a preseason Monday night game. But its still Jets football even if its only a taste, and God knows I'm looking forward to something other than Revis coverage 24/7. I'm looking forward to the Jets first-teamers beating the ever-loving sh** out of Eli and the Giants and bringing in the new stadium in style.

OK, so its a preseason Monday night game. But its still Jets football even if its only a taste, and God knows I'm looking forward to something other than Revis coverage 24/7. I'm looking forward to the Jets first-teamers beating the ever-loving sh** out of Eli and the Giants and bringing in the new stadium in style.

I hear ya. I'm going just to get the football fix.

But starters will probably only play a series or two, so most of the game will be seconds and thirds.

Still ... it's football, a new stadium, Ring of Honor, and the Jets so I'm looking forward to it.

I hear ya. I'm going just to get the football fix.

But starters will probably only play a series or two, so most of the game will be seconds and thirds.

Still ... it's football, a new stadium, Ring of Honor, and the Jets so I'm looking forward to it.

Don't you think the starters will play more than 1 or 2 series this early on in the offseason?

Don't you think the starters will play more than 1 or 2 series this early on in the offseason?

Some might, but they typically don't in the first preseason game.

I don't think Sanchez will play more than 2 series.

Same with LT, Holmes, Edwards, Greene.

Some of the linemen may play a bit more, but not much more if at all in the first game.

They'll play more in the second game ... maybe a quarter or more.

Maybe a half in the 3rd game.

And the least in the 4th game. Holmes might play more, only because he won't be playing in the first 4 games of the season and Rex may want to get him game reps.

Some might, but they typically don't in the first preseason game.

I don't think Sanchez will play more than 2 series.

Same with LT, Holmes, Edwards, Greene.

Some of the linemen may play a bit more, but not much more if at all in the first game.

They'll play more in the second game ... maybe a quarter or more.

Maybe a half in the 3rd game.

And the least in the 4th game. Holmes might play more, only because he won't be playing in the first 4 games of the season and Rex may want to get him game reps.

Not sure about Holmes. Last year Rex had Pace playing alot more. but i think that was in the later games.

Looking for Sanchez to stand strong in the pocket, stare down the pass rush and throw darts.

Also, hoping Clowney has a solid start in capturing his third straight preseason MVP award.

The Clown will definitely be the man of the hour. August has become "Showtime" for him.

I hope Eli tests our secondary early and often...would love for our guys to make a statement to the Revis camp.

I cant wait for the annoying interviews with the owners and the ball licking the monday night crew will do over the new stadium.

Is it really going to ruin your night?

Are you really going to miss Jaws breaking down some scrubs?

Giants want to "send a message" to the Jets

Posted by Mike Florio on August 12, 2010 11:57 PM ET

Lately, the Jets have tried to attract attention based less on their accomplishments and more on their words. And that doesn't sit well with the other New York team, which has accomplished very recently that which the Jets claim they'll do this year -- win a Super Bowl.

With the two teams squaring off Monday night in their mutual preseason opener at the new stadium they'll share, some Giants want to show that they still own New York.

"There's a lot going on right now with the Jets claiming New York and that it's their town," Giants cornerback Terrell Thomas said, according to Ralph Vacchiano of the New York Daily News. "We're not feeding into that. But at the same time we want to send a message to them that it's still our town. And it's going to be our stadium."

Not every member of the Giants feels that way. "t ain't about the supremacy of the Jets and the Giants," defensive end Justin Tuck said. "That doesn't matter. We could come out of this game and beat them 40-0, but if they go out and win the Super Bowl and we don't make the playoffs, then who cares?"

Tuck is right. But we've got a feeling that Jets coach Rex Ryan will be telling his guys that, before they can own the league, they need to own New York -- and that since the two teams don't face each other this year, the only way to do that is to kick the Giants' asses in the preseason.

And, yes, there will be an "F" word or two. Or two hundred.

Sounds like they're annoyed by us.

I want nothing more than a JETS/Giants superbowl.

Giants want to "send a message" to the Jets

Posted by Mike Florio on August 12, 2010 11:57 PM ET

Lately, the Jets have tried to attract attention based less on their accomplishments and more on their words. And that doesn't sit well with the other New York team, which has accomplished very recently that which the Jets claim they'll do this year -- win a Super Bowl.

With the two teams squaring off Monday night in their mutual preseason opener at the new stadium they'll share, some Giants want to show that they still own New York.

"There's a lot going on right now with the Jets claiming New York and that it's their town," Giants cornerback Terrell Thomas said, according to Ralph Vacchiano of the New York Daily News. "We're not feeding into that. But at the same time we want to send a message to them that it's still our town. And it's going to be our stadium."

Not every member of the Giants feels that way. "t ain't about the supremacy of the Jets and the Giants," defensive end Justin Tuck said. "That doesn't matter. We could come out of this game and beat them 40-0, but if they go out and win the Super Bowl and we don't make the playoffs, then who cares?"

Tuck is right. But we've got a feeling that Jets coach Rex Ryan will be telling his guys that, before they can own the league, they need to own New York -- and that since the two teams don't face each other this year, the only way to do that is to kick the Giants' asses in the preseason.

And, yes, there will be an "F" word or two. Or two hundred.

Sounds like they're annoyed by us.

I want nothing more than a JETS/Giants superbowl.

Rex wants to win that game...everyone knows it.

However, there is no way that a preseason game is going to indicate who's town it is...which clearly its still the Giants. We havent even won the division but once in a decade...the Jets need to prove something before they can claim NY over the Giants.

I'm all about the confidence, but claiming it is a different story.

Usually Jets-jints has a little more juice as the 3rd preseason game - the one where starters actually play a little more than a half. I'm sure there'll be a little extra motivation on both sides with the New Giants Stadium hype and all, but that'll fizzle out when the starters walk off the field. Be nice to see the team come out sharp, though. Be interesting to see who opens at LG.

In the preseason, I enjoy watching the bubble guys. I wanna see this TE Cumberland play. He's been getting a lot of positive press from camp. Sometimes it's harder to make the catch when the defenders are live, though. Seen that before. Wanna see McKnight play. Rex seems to talk him up, but a lot of it sounds like he's just trying to build the man's confidence. Donovan Warren's been making some plays in camp. Larry Taylor's battling for a spot almost exclusively as a returner. Really want to see some young people step up on the DL.

the giants haven't had enough healthy bodies to even practice the last 2 days

I bet coughlin pulls his starters after 2 -3 series tops

this is going to be like the 4th preseason game with the eagles, don't blink or you'll miss the starters

oh, and I think rex really wants to rip the giants, wouldn't surpise me if the jets win by 3 scores and there is some whining by the vaginas afterwards

Jets starters will play beyond first quarter vs. Giants, Ryan says

* Associated Press

* Published: Aug. 14, 2010 at 03:10 p.m.

* Updated: Aug. 14, 2010 at 05:56 p.m.

CORTLAND, N.Y. -- Mark Sanchez and the rest of the New York Jets' starters will have some extra time to shake off their offseason rust.

Coach Rex Ryan said Saturday that his starters on offense and defense will play a little past the first quarter in the Jets' preseason opener against the New York Giants on Monday night in the opening game at New Meadowlands Stadium.

Unlock HQ Video HQ video delivered by Akamai

"Because we've had such a long time off, that's probably what we'll do," Ryan said.

Sanchez is looking forward to the game, his first since he had the patella-stabilizing ligament in his left knee repaired in February. He said he hasn't had any problems with it during training camp and is eager to test his knee in a game situation.

"I want to hopefully get hit, not blindsided or anything," Sanchez said. "Take a little shot here or there after a play. It's good. It will be fine."

The game also will feature the Jets debuts for several new players, including running back LaDainian Tomlinson, defensive end/linebacker Jason Taylor, wide receiver Santonio Holmes and cornerback Antonio Cromartie.

"The dog days of camp start to set in, you're ready to move on and play a different uniform," Sanchez said. "We're excited to see the fans in our home stadium that first night. It'll be good for all of us."

Holdout cornerback Darrelle Revis likely won't be there after missing his 14th day of camp. The All-Pro is holding out in a contract dispute with the team, and he wants to become the league's highest-paid cornerback. Revis is scheduled to make $1 million in the fourth year of his six-year rookie deal.

NFL Preseason Live

Don't miss any of the action with NFL Preseason Live, which showcases preseason games in high-definition. Find out more here.

Ryan ruled out linebackers Josh Mauga (concussion) and Brashton Satele (ankle) for the game. Mauga was injured after taking a hard hit in practice from fullback John Conner, who's nicknamed "The Terminator."

Conner is among the young players Ryan wants to see in a game setting, as are running back Joe McKnight, fullback Jason Davis, linebackers Kenwin Cummings and Lance Laury, and cornerback Brian Jackson.

Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press

Looks like a full quarter + Can't wait!!!

"I want to hopefully get hit, not blindsided or anything," Sanchez said. "Take a little shot here or there after a play. It's good. It will be fine."

Say what you will about Sanchez, but he says ALL the right things. Seriously, how many QB's say they want to take some shots (albeit to test an injury)?

Say what you will about Sanchez, but he says ALL the right things. Seriously, how many QB's say they want to take some shots (albeit to test an injury)?

Perry Fewell is going to have that front seven amped and rushing hardcore. I'm sure Justin Tuck and Osi Umenyiora will be ready to make a statement by whacking the golden boy QB around. Could be a dangerous game for the Jets here.

Perry Fewell is going to have that front seven amped and rushing hardcore. I'm sure Justin Tuck and Osi Umenyiora will be ready to make a statement by whacking the golden boy QB around. Could be a dangerous game for the Jets here.

They'll have to get through Ferguson and company for that to happen. I like our chances.

Archived