Marshall Back to His Old Ways in Miami

Bleedin Green

Well this certainly didn't take long.

Brandon Marshall hasn't played an official down for the Miami Dolphins yet, but it sounds like he might have hit some sort of breaking point already.

Marshall dropped the only two passes thrown to him in Saturday night's preseason opener. He struggled again at Monday's practice.

Here's how Palm Beach Post reporter Ben Volin saw it:

Monday, his frustrations finally played out on the practice field. Toward the end of practice, after Marshall dropped a short pass in the end zone, he picked up the ball and punted it over the fence. He then spent the rest of the practice standing by himself on the sideline, though it is not clear if he was ordered to do so, or was just brooding by himself. Marshall also had two passes swatted away by Vontae Davis during one-on-one drills earlier in practice.

Maybe it's that No. 19 jersey.

Ken LaVicka of ESPN 760 in West Palm Beach interviewed veteran quarterback Chad Pennington after practice to get his perspective on how the team should help Marshall deal with his frustrations.

"Encourage him off the field and just let him work through it," Pennington said. "A lot of things going through his mind, and really probably the biggest thing is he's trying too hard. He wants to do so well. He's just trying too hard.

"So let him work his way through it, be there to pick him up when he needs it, but other than the drops, man, he's playing really good fundamental football. He's blocking well. He's taking the right steps. It'll come."

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/16404/frustration-building-for-brandon-marshall

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A good many of you (you know who you are) wanted this guy in Green and White.

He can still straighten up, but his track record isn't good, at least as far as fitting in to the TEAM concept. But, then again, he was playing against the Bucs. Maybe he just wasn't concentrating.

Start praying now.

The Brandon Marshall trainwreck is just beginning.

This is hilarious. The Jets get the sh*t kicked out of them by their big brother, in their new home, and in order for the fans to make themselves feel better, they start a thread proclaiming Miami's WR is falling apart, based on 2 passes in 1 pre season game.

Whatever makes you guys feel better about last nights a$$ whipping, I guess.

This is hilarious. The Jets get the sh*t kicked out of them by their big brother, in their new home, and in order for the fans to make themselves feel better, they start a thread proclaiming Miami's WR is falling apart, based on 2 passes in 1 pre season game.

What an idiot post. But then again, this is par for you. This is all you need to know about last nights game...

Statistically, the Jets dominated the first half in time of possession (19:08 to 10:52), first downs (10 to 4) and rushing yards (43 to 12). The Giants’ 12 rushing yards in the first half came on 10 carries (1.2 average) and the Jets’ defense held the Giants to 97 first-half yards, 51 of which came on Ahmad Bradshaw’s scamper on a broken-play shuffle pass from Manning. Manning and Jim Sorgi were held to 6 completions on 17 attempts in the half.

How did your first teamers look against a garbage Tampa Bay team the other night?

Yes, it truly hurts us Jets fans to watch our 2nd and 3rd string defense get smoked. I'm so upset right now I could cry.

that game meant nothing-Our starters outplayed their starters and there were no injuries-that is what is important not whether a nobody WR scored 3 TD's on players he would never be going against had this been a real game

Oh wow, this post just reeks of desperation. Sounds like somebody knows the truth and can't handle it. Such a poor attempt at deflection.

You're really trying to come off like a tough guy over a game where the Jets starters outplayed the Giants starters, but the guys the Giants are going to cut outplayed the guys the Jets are going to get? Yeah, ok... I'm real worried. About the only concern about anyone who actually will play any real time for the Jets that came out of that is how much Dwight Lowery sucks, but most of us already knew that.

Bottom line, your overrated "star" WR is a headcase crybaby.

This is about as dumb a troll statement as I have seen from anybody...

What an idiot post. But then again, this is par for you. This is all you need to know about last nights game...

Statistically, the Jets dominated the first half in time of possession (19:08 to 10:52), first downs (10 to 4) and rushing yards (43 to 12). The Giants’ 12 rushing yards in the first half came on 10 carries (1.2 average) and the Jets’ defense held the Giants to 97 first-half yards, 51 of which came on Ahmad Bradshaw’s scamper on a broken-play shuffle pass from Manning. Manning and Jim Sorgi were held to 6 completions on 17 attempts in the half.

How did your first teamers look against a garbage Tampa Bay team the other night?

Yes, it truly hurts us Jets fans to watch our 2nd and 3rd string defense get smoked. I'm so upset right now I could cry.

that game meant nothing-Our starters outplayed their starters and there were no injuries-that is what is important not whether a nobody WR scored 3 TD's on players he would never be going against had this been a real game

Oh wow, this post just reeks of desperation. Sounds like somebody knows the truth and can't handle it. Such a poor attempt at deflection.

You're really trying to come off like a tough guy over a game where the Jets starters outplayed the Giants starters, but the guys the Giants are going to cut outplayed the guys the Jets are going to get? Yeah, ok... I'm real worried. About the only concern about anyone who actually will play any real time for the Jets that came out of that is how much Dwight Lowery sucks, but most of us already knew that.

Bottom line, your overrated "star" WR is a headcase crybaby.

This is about as dumb a troll statement as I have seen from anybody...

What was the final score last night? So the Jets did lose, right? Ok, just checking.

What was the final score last night? So the Jets did lose, right? Ok, just checking.

Chad Henne 5-for-11 for 19 yards and a 52.5 passer rating but I am sure that you are fine with the fact that he stunk against one of the worst defenses in the league because the Dolphins won their preseason game 10-7. :rolleyes:

Chad Henne 5-for-11 for 19 yards and a 52.5 passer rating but I am sure that you are fine with the fact that he stunk against one of the worst defenses in the league because the Dolphins won their preseason game 10-7. :rolleyes:

LMAO!!! Dont forget their prize possession from the offseason dropping the only 2 balls thrown to him.

I'm actually still crying over our loss last night. Cant believe it. Dont know what to do or where to go to feel better about the embarrassing preseason loss.

Is that what he did? Wow that sucks but I will say the same thing-it doesn't matter-it was only a stupid pre-season game and means nothing-even the 2 Marshall drops I was told he made do not matter.

i fully expected to see some kind of trash like this on the board after last night's thrashing, so predictable.

Wait, you're really pounding your chest over a PRESEASON score, when your starting offense was godawful???

Seriously?

LOL.

Hey brah, only thing halarious was last nights final score lol

In a preseason game.

The 16-0 Patriots went 0-4 in the preseason that year.

The 0-16 Lions went 4-0 in the preseason that year.

Boy, are you stupid. Yeah, preseason scores have meaning. LOL.

when the grammar police come out thats when you know you got nothing left.

I'm really concerned about how the Jets are going to react to the drubbing. I really hope they dont come out and lay another egg in preseason game 2.

If we start off 0-2 in the preseason, I dont even think we should field a team.

2nd,3rd and 4th stringers getting pwned. OH-NO, WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO?

Our starters shut Eli down.

Oh the Colts hardly ever win preseason games. I guess they suck too.

You are a f*ckin numbskull.

Archived