Derek Anderson starting next game...

hoping4ASuperBowl

per Rotoworld.com:

Derek Anderson, not Matt Leinart, will start the Cardinals' third exhibition game on Saturday.

Wow. We knew Leinart was losing the confidence of his teammates after playing tentatively in the preseason, but Anderson hasn't exactly been Joe Montana. Coach Ken Whisenhunt says Anderson isn't his permanent starter yet, but he'll play most of the first half and would likely lock up the job with a decent performance. Anderson has some QB2 appeal thanks to all the Cardinals' weapons. His cannon arm wouldn't hurt the fantasy prospects of Larry Fitzgerald.

lol. I remember when many Jet fans wanted this dude.

I used to have a sig that said D'Brick is D'Pick for months leading up to the draft... Lots of people wanted Leinert badly back then. I know of one person who still thinks Leinert should have been the pick...

per Rotoworld.com:

Derek Anderson, not Matt Leinart, will start the Cardinals' third exhibition game on Saturday.

Wow. We knew Leinart was losing the confidence of his teammates after playing tentatively in the preseason, but Anderson hasn't exactly been Joe Montana. Coach Ken Whisenhunt says Anderson isn't his permanent starter yet, but he'll play most of the first half and would likely lock up the job with a decent performance. Anderson has some QB2 appeal thanks to all the Cardinals' weapons. His cannon arm wouldn't hurt the fantasy prospects of Larry Fitzgerald.

https://twitter.com/...tus/22201680354

Living out here in Arizona, and seeing all their games on local TV, I knew that this was only a matter of time. It just hasn't clicked for Matt so far. It may never click as far as I can tell. The local Cards fans are basically vilifying him 24-7.

I hope Clemens gets traded to Arizona.

Edit: So I heard Whisenhunt talk about the move on ESPN and he gave nothing away. The way he put it made it sound alot less damning than the internet makes it sound.

You know your offense is screwed when your best option at QB is Derek Anderson. I'm guessing the Cards didn't watch enough Browns games.

Archived