Who needs to step us his game the most?

Jetsfan80

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who needs to step up his game the most for the Jets to be successful in 2010?

• Brian Schottenheimer
    • Mark Sanchez
    • Matt Slauson
    • Antonio Cromartie
    • Dustin Keller
    • Vernon Gholston
    • OTHER

I voted for Sanchez. I can't remember a time where the entire focus of Jets Nation was so intently focused on one guy, like Sanchez is holding the entire season hostage. Rex is all in with him, too, seeing as how Brunell and Clemens aren't legitimate mid-season alternatives should Sanchez have a breakdown.

As for Schottenheimer, I'd vote for him if the question was about who needs to take a step back, not up. Callahan should be calling the plays, IMO.

I voted for Sanchez. I can't remember a time where the entire focus of Jets Nation was so intently focused on one guy, like Sanchez is holding the entire season hostage. Rex is all in with him, too, seeing as how Brunell and Clemens aren't legitimate mid-season alternatives should Sanchez have a breakdown.

As for Schottenheimer, I'd vote for him if the question was about who needs to take a step back, not up. Callahan should be calling the plays, IMO.

Come on man, lets post a poll with some real choices. How about Schotty, Revis, Greene, Sanchez, Keller, Cro, Scott, Edwards, and Holmes? Sanchez is still the obvious choice, but lets at least entice them to pick something else to get some validity to this poll....geez, lol.

Matt Slauson.

He's on the blindside. If he doesnt step up and cement that Guard position it wont matter how better or average Sanchez is, he's going to see the canvas alot...possibly the injury list as well.

A close second has to be Sanchez. If Slauson does a solid job then its Sanchez job to get the ball to the receivers.

A distant third is Shotty. I think he gets too much of the crap for players mistakes. Sanchez "pick 6's". Penningtons 4th qtr INT's blowing football games, Kellen Clemens being "Kellen Clemens". Shotting has his short comings, however, he's a very good coordinator, we just need a QB to execute the plays.

I voted for Schotty thinking he is here for the year but Sanchez can get benched. If for some reason Sanchez is unbenchable I would have voted for him.

This preseason is the worst I have seen Sanchez play outside of that bizarre Buffalo game. And it was the best preseason I have seen Kellen Clemons have and even Brunell, the worst player on the roster, had a good game at the end of preseason. So if Sanchez's problems aren't his fault why are the other QBs doing well by their own standards? And since Sanchez had that ballyhooed private passing camp in "cali" he should be doing even better than a QB normally does in preseason. But he was awful.

this is a very good football post, tainted only by lost credibility due to the author's gay tendancies. Schotty should be up in the booth so he may learn how to observe what is actually happening on the football field. Letting Callahan call the plays is an excellent idea.

:lol: Awesome!

haha thought you'd get a kick.......... There is no question Sanchez will make or break us this season. It will take some solid games from him to convince me the jets can be playoff contenders this year. Even this game 3 preseason pick is forever implanted in my brain as to what he is about. Until I see 3 solid games in a row from a game management perspective, I will remain guarded.

I can handle a special teams & defensive mistake every now & then, but the collective efforts of Sanchez & Schotty will never leave not hopeful until they prove otherwise.

Archived