Can't blame Sanchez

Boozer76

When it comes down to it, Cotchery drops two passes, Greene fumbles and drops a pass, Woody and D'Brick had their head in the clouds just like preseason with dumb penalties, Braylon lines up incorrectly (SHotty trying to be cute) and costs us 1st and goal at the 4, a gazillion defensive penalties, and wtf was Keller thinking going out of bounds before the marker??? Sanchez, LT, Magold, and Moore were the only guys on offense that had their heads in the game at all. This game was just pure sloppiness, and as much as I love the guy it rests squarely on Rex's shoulders.

When it comes down to it, Cotchery drops two passes, Greene fumbles and drops a pass, Woody and D'Brick had their head in the clouds just like preseason with dumb penalties, Braylon lines up incorrectly (SHotty trying to be cute) and costs us 1st and goal at the 4, a gazillion defensive penalties, and wtf was Keller thinking going out of bounds before the marker??? Sanchez, LT, Magold, and Moore were the only guys on offense that had their heads in the game at all. This game was just pure sloppiness, and as much as I love the guy it rests squarely on Rex's shoulders.

It almost entirely rests on Schottenheimer. Poor preparation leads to poor execution, NO offensive flow, and dumb penalties. Cotchery probably dropped that pass because he wasn't expecting it! How else can you explain our most sure-handed receiver having a bad drop other than the fact that we spent an entire night checking down?

I can blame him.

I can and I do.

The motion penalty is on Edwards or it's on Sanchez. You can't blame Schottenheimer for getting cute without blaming Sanchez who seems to be calling stuff off at the line 4 times before every snap. I want them to just line up and smash. They'd better do that against the Pats.

He has to do that because the offense our jackass OC designed is unecessarily complicated.

It almost entirely rests on Schottenheimer. Poor preparation leads to poor execution, NO offensive flow, and dumb penalties. Cotchery probably dropped that pass because he wasn't expecting it! How else can you explain our most sure-handed receiver having a bad drop other than the fact that we spent an entire night checking down?

Throughout the broadcast, even Jaws and Gruden pointed at Schotty... with comments from Gruden like, "I don't think I've ever seen an offense with this many pre-snap motions." Said in just enough of a snickering tone to convey how ridiculous he thinks the offense is. I'd love to see Gruden take the reigns of our offense, or his buddy Callahan.

Can Sanchez move around in the pocket, he was a f-cking statue last night. he just took those sacks without even trying to move.

He's atrocious

Play calling sucked -- Sanchez played scared - dumb dumb penalties.

game over -- we will bounce back next week -- NE defence not as scary and we can shut down their O -- I know it

Can Sanchez move around in the pocket, he was a f-cking statue last night. he just took those sacks without even trying to move.

He's atrocious

What are you talking about? He ran multiple naked bootlegs, and rolled-out regularly. The problem is, as usual, NO Jets WRs get separation because the playcalling doesn't ever exploit mismatches. We had the same problem when Favre was the QB.

Sanchez is doing exactly what I would expect ANY 2nd year QB to do in an offense like this.

The final drive of the game said it all to me.

Schotty wasn't getting plays in to the huddle - Sanchez was frustrated and struggling to execute them - and the rest of the offense was so disoriented that they were making mental mistakes like Woody's false start, Greene's dropped pass and Keller stepping out of bounds short of the first down.

He has to do that because the offense our jackass OC designed is unecessarily complicated.

Bullsh*t. He changed the play at the line. That complication is on the boy wonder. Schottenheimer calls the play, may provide options, but he's not in pretty boy's ear telling him to change it, no wait: change it again! Sanchez is trying to outsmart the defense too.

Sanchez was outright awful, he looked like a kid playing a mans game. All that said if Greene doesn't fumble and disapear, if Edwards or Sanchez don't blow it at the LOS, if Cotch and Green hold on to a simple short pass, this team may well have won that game.

Flacco wasn't great but he was a man out there. Under pressure he stood tall waited for his recievers to get down field and made throws. Sanchez under pressure bailed out over and over again. The kid has to grow up and stand in.

The Jets want to be a tough football team, but we need a tough QB to lead that ground and pound mentality and be able to go over the top when we have to. We couldn't exploit the secondary matchup because Sanchez didn't man up or Shotty and Rex wouldn't let him.

Sanchez has to understand that more than just understanding you have to be tough as nails to be an NFL QB.

He's atrocious

Sanchez was sacked only 2 times, the same number Flacco was sacked.

Perception and reality are oil and water for Jet fans.

If Edwards doesn't commit a stupid penalty and Cotch and Greene hang on to easily catchable balls, Sanchez goes 15 for 22 for about 150 yards. Certainly he isn't lighting it up, but we win the game with those numbers. People seem to expect Sanchez to turn the corner and be a stud right now. That's just not reasonable. QB's don't turn the corner in year 2, they do it in years 3-5. If the offense had their head in the game Sanchez has a decent game and we win. Period.

You know what, as down as I am on Sanchez, this is a really good post/point.

Archived