Who is this Rob Gronskowski character?

Matt39

Best TE in last year's draft....at staying off the field.

He's actually a pretty talented guy, but yeah...drafted by these f*ckin guys.

Gronkowski has the look of a guy that will give the rest of the division headaches for quite a while. He and Aaron Hernandez were drafted specifically to attack teams that double Welker and Moss (Jets and Fins) while singling their other 3 eligibles behind a 4 man rush. Brandon Tate looks pretty good too actually. If their defense didn't suck I'd be conceding the crown at this point.

Gronkowski has the look of a guy that will give the rest of the division headaches for quite a while. He and Aaron Hernandez were drafted specifically to attack teams that double Welker and Moss (Jets and Fins) while singling their other 3 eligibles behind a 4 man rush. Brandon Tate looks pretty good too actually. If their defense didn't suck I'd be conceding the crown at this point.

Defense is young and has been bit pretty hard by the injury bug, but I wouldn't say it sucks. Its not a bunch of household names for sure, but it has surprising speed that the Pats haven't had for many years. No where near the fearsome D that the Jets bring, but they may surprise you. As to Brady, he's never had so many quality weapons.

Brodney Pool is going to completely demolish Gronkowski come Sunday!

(Unfortunately I have a feeling Gronkowski will be a name us Jets fans hear for a long time)

Brodney Pool is one hard hit away from turning into a vegetable. <_<

Forgive me for not having any faith. Why do you guys continuously blow a safety that has yet to play a down for the JETS? We are yet to see if he's an upgrade or downgrade from Rhodes.

Defense is young and has been bit pretty hard by the injury bug, but I wouldn't say it sucks. Its not a bunch of household names for sure, but it has surprising speed that the Pats haven't had for many years. No where near the fearsome D that the Jets bring, but they may surprise you. As to Brady, he's never had so many quality weapons.

They remind me of the Colts/Saints D. Average units, but with the amount of points their offense can put up, they'll be more than good enough on most weeks.

Well, you guys won't have Moss or a running game for the most part on Sunday. And believe me Rex Ryan is not going to let Brady sit back there all day. Id look for the Jets to have single coverage with Revis and Cro on the outside and have Wilson, the safeties, and some LBs to cover and my guess is have some sort of zone over the middle to prevent Welker and Tate from catching quick screens over the middle. Id also say that Rex rotates some help over towards Welker. He's going to force Tate and Holt to win the game for you guys...

Gronkowski is the type of guy fans love - passion, having fun, loves football...blah, blah, blah....

However, I beleive that Hernandez will end up being THE man in NE. He has the skills to be an excellent pass catching TE.

Grontkowski will be huge inside the Red Zone.

But I agree with Garb, Hernandez will be the one that turns heads.

Grontkowski will be huge inside the Red Zone.

But I agree with Garb, Hernandez will be the one that turns heads.

Not for nothing, but the Pats killed last year's draft. I wasn't the biggest McCourty fan, but he's a solid talent. Gronkowski and Hernandez were the best TEs in the draft by a good margin...Cunningham and Spikes were two of the smarter, veteran players on a strong SEC D...Deaderick was a long time starting DE on the best college D...Mesko was the most talented of last year's punters....

Meanwhile, us Jets fans get cocky as if we've done something...Well...we were cocky until that one loss came and changed everything.

Archived