Darren McFadden

Bergen Jet

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always get depressed when a player I like gets drafted by the Raiders because I know they'll disappear into a sea of awfulness.

That draft sucked for me. McFadden was one of my all time favorite college players and the Raiders and some of the other teams in front of us already had a lot of running backs. I really thought we were going to get McFadden and instead we get GHOLSTON.

That draft sucked for me. McFadden was one of my all time favorite college players and the Raiders and some of the other teams in front of us already had a lot of running backs. I really thought we were going to get McFadden and instead we get GHOLSTON.

I was praying that Parcells would draft Gholston with the first overall pick, simply because he loves big OLB's so much. Instead, he took Jake Long who is not Anthony Munoz. In retrospect, I guess that was a huge red flag on Gholston. I was hoping for DMC, too.

• 4 weeks later...

I was praying that Parcells would draft Gholston with the first overall pick, simply because he loves big OLB's so much. Instead, he took Jake Long who is not Anthony Munoz. In retrospect, I guess that was a huge red flag on Gholston. I was hoping for DMC, too.

I was praying Gholston would be drafted in front of us too. Because he was really the only other considered top flight pic and you couldnt really blame the Jets, but man I knew he was going to be teh suck.

DMC is ******* beast when healthy. I remembered those debates before the draft, he cant run through the tackles, goes down on first contact, dont like his body structure yadayada. Those folks never saw him play. There were actually posters that have names around not drafting him. Stupid. Instead you got Gholston.

Kids a beast. I've always said get him out of that situation and he'd be a stud. He's looking outstanding this season.

Yep. I STILL hate that meaningless game we played at the end of the season that made us fall those 2 or 3 draft slots. Dumbasses kept arguing that you play every game to win it even if you're eliminated from the playoffs. But that difference netted us Gholston.

Are you guys telling me McFadden is finally running hard ? heh. Pussy legs is just a notch above McKnight. Not sure Ive ever seen either one of them pick up a tough yard in their freakin lives. Its easy to run wild in College when your a talented athlete but its a different story in the NFL unless you play for a team that consistently opens holes the size of a mack truck. Lets not mistake McFadden for even a top 15 back in the NFL.

Are you guys telling me McFadden is finally running hard ? heh. Pussy legs is just a notch above McKnight. Not sure Ive ever seen either one of them pick up a tough yard in their freakin lives. Its easy to run wild in College when your a talented athlete but its a different story in the NFL unless you play for a team that consistently opens holes the size of a mack truck. Lets not mistake McFadden for even a top 15 back in the NFL.

He's easily a top 15 back when healthy. Kids an absolute beast.

You've had some good ones in your days, but "a notch above McKnight" is by far your finest hour.

Dude is a monster when he's not injured. People forget that AP was always injured too his first couple of years, that's why AP slid down a bit in the draft. Now nobody considers AP injury prone.

All Run DMC has to do is get a season or two injury free under his belt and he'll be in the argument for best back in the league.

I have him in fantasy, only started him in 1 and benched him in 2 others. I'm going to start him over Ray Rice and Rashard Mendenhall going forward. A healthy McFadden's ceiling is just too high to ignore.

He's easily a top 15 back when healthy. Kids an absolute beast.

You've had some good ones in your days, but "a notch above McKnight" is by far your finest hour.

Yes it is my finest hour. Does it trump my "Vernone Goldston" is the worst player in NFL history ?

Hes playing decent this year and had a few big games but in tough games Im not looking for McFadden to get much done. Hes a back that could possibly turn it around but he just does not run hard and thats a pretty well known fact. Numbers dont Impress me and they never will. Winning and stepping up in the 4th quarter impress me. Fragile RB's who go down like small trees are not impressive. Lets see how he does for the season. Lets see how he does in big games when the team really needs him, games other than blow outs.

Yes it is my finest hour. Does it trump my "Vernone Goldston" is the worst player in NFL history ?

Hes playing decent this year and had a few big games but in tough games Im not looking for McFadden to get much done. Hes a back that could possibly turn it around but he just does not run hard and thats a pretty well known fact. Numbers dont Impress me and they never will. Winning and stepping up in the 4th quarter impress me. Fragile RB's who go down like small trees are not impressive. Lets see how he does for the season. Lets see how he does in big games when the team really needs him, games other than blow outs.

I've never heard in my life that McFadden doesnt run hard.

You are asking him to be a winner on Oakland when his QB's have been Jamarcus Russell, Bruce Gradkowski, Charlie Fry, Andrew Walter, and Jason Campbell which is just one of their problems.

When healthy he's impressive.

I've never heard in my life that McFadden doesnt run hard.

You are asking him to be a winner on Oakland when his QB's have been Jamarcus Russell, Bruce Gradkowski, Charlie Fry, Andrew Walter, and Jason Campbell which is just one of their problems.

When healthy he's impressive.

Ill give you that JIF he has not had much in the way of QB support But we didnt last year either and we led the league in rushing and our rookie running back tore up the playoffs. Thats interesting/ Not trying to compare our Oline with Oaklands, that would be silly, but no matter how good your oline is its hard to run vs 7 and 8 man fronts but TJ and Shonn did it pretty regularly.

DMC averaged 4.4 ypc as a rookie (which is great) and 3.4 last year in an injury-ravaged season (not so great). I can't blame the dude for struggling while in Oakland. Jamarcus Russell couldn't even be considered a quarterback, much less an NFL quarterback and that essentially ruined DMC's first two years. The knock on him (as I remember it) was that he wasn't a back who would make something out of nothing because he wasn't going to power through tackles and he wasn't as good going laterally. Hopefully, with a little stability at the QB position, he'll get to show that he can be a special player. Give him a crease and he's gone. I would have loved to see him as a Jet, running behind this O-Line.

DMC averaged 4.4 ypc as a rookie (which is great) and 3.4 last year in an injury-ravaged season (not so great). I can't blame the dude for struggling while in Oakland. Jamarcus Russell couldn't even be considered a quarterback, much less an NFL quarterback and that essentially ruined DMC's first two years. The knock on him (as I remember it) was that he wasn't a back who would make something out of nothing because he wasn't going to power through tackles and he wasn't as good going laterally. Hopefully, with a little stability at the QB position, he'll get to show that he can be a special player. Give him a crease and he's gone. I would have loved to see him as a Jet, running behind this O-Line.

Yep. When he's in he's impressive, especially considering his situation.

He'd be going ballistic in this offense.

Yep. When he's in he's impressive, especially considering his situation.

He'd be going ballistic in this offense.

Definitely. The one thing this team is missing is that guy out of the backfield that can go 80 yards. Leon was that guy for a minute. DMC would be scary, both running and receiving here.

Definitely. The one thing this team is missing is that guy out of the backfield that can go 80 yards. Leon was that guy for a minute. DMC would be scary, both running and receiving here.

Shonn Greene has some burst as well as power. Hes had some very impressive long runs where he left defenders in the dust. 50 + yard runs are very rare even for the burners.

I dont think McFadden lacks talent or speed I think he lacks heart and toughness. On a day when you rus for 10.3 yards per carry something has gone drasticly wrong on alot of levels for the Broncos.

Constantly prefacing every post with "when healthy" doesn't help his case. Most of the people complaining about him said he couldn't run hard and hold up. That he would be more of a change of pace back and would have to share carries. That would be fine, but you usually want more from the #4 overall. McFadden is having a nice season so far, but he's already missed a couple of games. All of you guys blaming the Raiders for DMC not doing anything until now should look at Michael Bush. He has been around the same amount of time and has put up similar if slightly better numbers. Is Michael Bush "an absolute BEAST"?

Archived