Cromartie Tackling - WTF??

Green DNA

As happy as I am to have Cromartie instead of Lito Shepard as the #2 corner, I can't believe how horrible his tackling skills are. I watched the replay of the Fins game on the NFL network last night and saw him waving at his man time and again, and standing back while others made the tackle. On one play where he had Brown cornered on the sideline, he looked like a little girl trying to push him out of bounds. How the hell can a pro corner be so terrible at tackling? I have a feeling that we will be calling for his head at some point after he does the old matador move and gives up the winning TD.

Lets be honest, Cro really isnt very good. But, he's a major upgrade from what we had last season, but that aint saying much. He's really a big pusswah. Dont know how you make it this far as a Football player that afraid of contact. He makes Kerry Rhodes look like John Lynch.

Lets just hope we dont pay for it. Its going to happen this season for sure, just hopefully not in a crucial moment ala the Shonn Greene pusswah move he pulled in the playoffs.

Lets be honest, Cro really isnt very good. But, he's a major upgrade from what we had last season, but that aint saying much. He's really a big pusswah. Dont know how you make it this far as a Football player that afraid of contact. He makes Kerry Rhodes look like John Lynch.

Lets just hope we dont pay for it. Its going to happen this season for sure, just hopefully not in a crucial moment ala the Shonn Greene pusswah move he pulled in the playoffs.

Kerry Rhodes got kicked out of NY for not hitting, so he starting hitting the refs in Arizona.

I thought we all knew this when we signed him atleast I did and its something we are going to have to deal with, and he is not as good in man coverage as advertised unfortunatly so I really hope this is his last year in green and white, I can deal with the non tackling if you are covering but its tough to deal with both.

We saw it last year in the San Diego play-off game, a tiger can't change his stripes. I was comcerned about this very thing and all our fears seem to be coming true...

Hopefully we will see his worth as a #2 from a coverage standpoint when Revis is back at full strength, but let's just hope there is a safety nearby to make the tackle when his man catches a pass.

I thought we all knew this when we signed him atleast I did and its something we are going to have to deal with, and he is not as good in man coverage as advertised unfortunatly so I really hope this is his last year in green and white, I can deal with the non tackling if you are covering but its tough to deal with both.

No, he's not. There are clearly receivers that will eat him up. I expect him to do better as a #2, but then his lack of tackling skills becomes a problem. Kyle Wilson has some growing up to do, but at least he looks physical out there. Cro will almost always need a safety around him.

It's early, and the reviews are mixed. He did well on Moss, and will do well on other long striders. That could be a plus for the Jets. They could move Revis around in those games. But his performance against Marshall was just poor. It's too early to say I don't want him around next year, but it's not too early to say I hope Wilson matures quickly.

Know what this is?----> . <-------

a period. Try using one, makes reading comprehension much easier

Kerry Rhodes got kicked out of NY for not hitting, so he starting hitting the refs in Arizona.

Cro will get a pass because he's a corner. Corners are notorious for not hitting. However Safeties are supposed to bring the heat and he just b*tches up every time.

Cro will get a pass. His tackling is very bad. However he's done a decent job in coverage. When Revis returns and Cro can cover some 2's and 3's it will even out.

Cromartie is a good corner, he's just not a great one. There aren't that many great corners out there.

If we weren't spoiled by 2009 version of Revis we wouldn't be having this discussion. But since we have the I don't feel like going to camp lazy version of Revis, we get to talk about aweseom things like this.

So yes, its Revis' fault Cromartie sucks at tackling.

Cromartie is a good corner, he's just not a great one. There aren't that many great corners out there.

If we weren't spoiled by 2009 version of Revis we wouldn't be having this discussion. But since we have the I don't feel like going to camp lazy version of Revis, we get to talk about aweseom things like this.

So yes, its Revis' fault Cromartie sucks at tackling.

But Revis at 75% is better than most starting CB's. :blink:

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/index.php?/topic/91676-dennis-thurman/

I think it's clear that what we really want is for Kyle Wilson to develop into that great tandem to Revis on the other side, and for Cro to be more of a depth/nickel corner. You don't need Pro Bowlers at every spot on the team, in fact you won't be able to afford that, what you need is guys that can step up when needed and can make plays sometimes. Cro fits that bill, and as long as the price is right, he's not bad to have. You know any time Revis or Wilson go down Cro can step in, and while he won't be nearly as good as we know one is and hope the other to become, he can still keep you competitive.

Also I'm not even that sure how bad we were last season for our 2 and 3 CBs, Austin Collie is absolute abusing everyone this year anyway. I think it's just Peyton and the Colts are always great at passing the ball no matter who they plug in. Collie might actually be surpassing Reggie Wayne right now.

You can see Wilson has potential....Jets fans need to be patient with him, the skill set is there.

Cromartie just isn't a very good corner.

I can see Wilson being a shutdown corner. He has the speed and skill set. Needs more experience playing in the NFL.

And if you are still in doubt just look at how Revis played in his first season!

I remember reading that Rex had to teach Cro how to play cornerback from scratch. Rex said that Cro has gotten by purely on physical abilities alone and he needed to learn technique. I think you can see that when the ball is snapped Cro waits for his man to take off and then just chases him down. As long as he does this, he is susceptable to the back shoulder throw. As far as hitting a RB, I think he is doing more this year than last year(see playoff game against us), just not as much as we are used to seeing from our CB.

Rhodes hit when he wanted to, in other words before he received his new contract. I like Poole ALOT but then again I was just happy to see "big news" Rhodes hit the road.

Know what this is?----> . <-------

a period. Try using one, makes reading comprehension much easier

If you don't like the way I post don't read my sh*t use the ignore poster function instead of being a douche!

You know what this is ----------->PHUCK YOU<------------------

Just about all the CBs in the league can`t,or just are afraid to tackle. Last week against Miami I`ve seen Wilson just throw a shoulder at the ball carrier,and flopped to the floor. He didn`t even try.I`ve seen many corners do this. It`s actually very sickning to see this.

Just about all the CBs in the league can`t,or just are afraid to tackle.

A lot of them are actually very good. It's understandable when it's a 250lb back running with speed, but most good CB's can take down a WR in space.

Getting run over by Adrian Peterson or Steven Jackson isn't really something to be ashamed of.

Just about all the CBs in the league can`t,or just are afraid to tackle. Last week against Miami I`ve seen Wilson just throw a shoulder at the ball carrier,and flopped to the floor. He didn`t even try.I`ve seen many corners do this. It`s actually very sickning to see this.

damn straight Bear! You play defense in the NFL? Tackle a mo'fu*cker! Period. Where is Mickens?-- a Midget who'd take on Earl Campbell if he had to. So tired of seeing these corners whiff on purpose. Tackle dammit! Tackle! You've been taught since pop-warner. A little guy who strikes the hips can take down a monster with the right technique.

What collapse are you talking about?

Oh is this your first year with the Jets? I'll catch you up.

Each year Jets fans gather with excitement and anticipation for the upcoming season. At some point, whether it be in the offseason or maybe after a winning streak the word 'Superbowl' gets thrown around. Jets fans, even the most negative ones start to believe(whether they show it or not). And just when you think its going to happen, something inexplicable occurs.

But its for the better, because Jets fans don't really want to win the Superbowl. We live for the chase. It wouldn't be nearly as fun if we actually did win a Superbowl.

Oh is this your first year with the Jets? I'll catch you up.

Each year Jets fans gather with excitement and anticipation for the upcoming season. At some point, whether it be in the offseason or maybe after a winning streak the word 'Superbowl' gets thrown around. Jets fans, even the most negative ones start to believe(whether they show it or not). And just when you think its going to happen, something inexplicable occurs.

But its for the better, because Jets fans don't really want to win the Superbowl. We live for the chase. It wouldn't be nearly as fun if we actually did win a Superbowl.

This is hardly my first year with the Jets. But I refuse to think negatively this year. We have a good team and there isn't any reason why the team should not set its sights high. With respect to the bolded language above you are kidding....right?

This is hardly my first year with the Jets. But I refuse to think negatively this year. We have a good team and there isn't any reason why the team should not set its sights high. With respect to the bolded language above you are kidding....right?

I'm kind of kidding.

Archived