Favre to play cheats with broken ankle?

THE ILK

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought it was about if Wonder Women was a good mother or something.

And I always thought Lynda Carter was the paragon of virtue. She was a goddess to a generation of boys born in the late 1960s/early 1970s.

Guest Oxoboxo

True, and it's so out of the blue. Just imagine if I had kept the below pick as my avatar. What would Oxo think of me then?

LyndaSanchez002A.jpg

Now, that's what I'm talking about SMC!

I was just kiddin' with you about the sig. I think I saw that on another board somewhere.

Time to talk some football...

There's gotta be a line between being a tough guy and knowing when you're just hurting your team by playing. I'd actually be impressed if Childress has the balls to bench Favre and break the streak.

Favre was hobbling badly last night, he shouldnt play next week. **** a streak.

They have bigger problems than Favre though, like Randy Moss alligator arming it on the prospective game winning drive. That was pitiful effort.

The kid is adorable, don't get me wrong.

And, I'm glad that you're bringing him up a Jets fan.

Just sayin' that the sig is kind of incongruent with the whole "caring father - family guy" thing.

Cause he's got a pic of Linda Carter up on his sig.

Here is a mat for you. You "jump" to conclusions on it. Totally awesome!

Cause he's got a pic of Linda Carter up on his sig.

Here is a mat for you. You "jump" to conclusions on it. Totally awesome!

You have a violent avatar, no way you're a good dad!!!!!!!

You sir are a sub par parent!

Between Mangina and Childress could the handling of Favre be any more stupid ?

Head coaching in this league is at an all time low. I dont give a sh*t these guys are involved in Professional sports and that they are "supposed" to know more about a freakin game then the regular guy. Its a game and these Idiots still cant make a solid decision on how to win this goes well beyond X's and O's. One Idiot plays Favre with a torn Bicep in his throwing arm and this current Idiot is contemplating playing him with a broken ankle. :blink:

The timing of this story is really peculiar...I did not watch all of last nights game, did Farve re-aggravate his ankle on a specific play or is this injury caused by the NFCCG last year + cumulative wear and tear? If he did not specifically injure his ankle last night...then I believe that the Vikings and Farve believe that a suspension could seriously be looming; which is how Farve can save face in regards to his consecutive games played streak...b/c he can now miss a game due to a legit injury instead of an embarrassing suspension.

The timing of this story is really peculiar...I did not watch all of last nights game, did Farve re-aggravate his ankle on a specific play or is this injury caused by the NFCCG last year + cumulative wear and tear? If he did not specifically injure his ankle last night...then I believe that the Vikings and Farve believe that a suspension could seriously be looming; which is how Farve can save face in regards to his consecutive games played streak...b/c he can now miss a game due to a legit injury instead of an embarrassing suspension.

he was sacked and threw a pick, the defender fell on his left (chronically injured) ankle, and farvuh limped badly after that

pretty sure that's how is was fractured

Think you mean the 2007 Jets against the NFCE.

That was brutal.

That was definitely brutal. I think I was combining what the Jets did against the NFCW & AFCW in 2008.

The Jets had 8 games against those 2 divisions and was 3-5 against them with 3 of the loses coming against sub .500 teams (Niners, Seahawks & Raiders) and the 4th loss was against the 8-8 Broncos. That was brutal and was what really did the Jets in that season.

Vikings aren't winning anything. Half hope Favre plays and continues to tarnish what ever legacy he once had. This is worse than Namath with the Rams or Unitas with the Chargers; a total trainwreck, and at least those guys had enough sense to get off the field. Whether Jackson or Favre starts doesn't matter; Cindy and the White Guy Offense win this game, so the Jets have to take care of business.

Vikings aren't winning anything. Half hope Favre plays and continues to tarnish what ever legacy he once had. This is worse than Namath with the Rams or Unitas with the Chargers; a total trainwreck, and at least those guys had enough sense to get off the field. Whether Jackson or Favre starts doesn't matter; Cindy and the White Guy Offense win this game, so the Jets have to take care of business.

Pretty funny.

Favre not ruling himself out vs. cheats

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. (AP)

Brett Favre is not ruling himself out of Sunday's game at New England despite two fractures in his left ankle.

The 41-year-old Favre wore a large, gray walking boot on his left leg to the podium for his regular news conference on Wednesday, and he said he doesn't anticipate participating in a full practice at all this week.

The Minnesota quarterback said he's always had a knack for healing quickly, which gives him hope he'll be back when the Vikings (2-4) play the Patriots (5-1).

Favre was hurt in Sunday's loss to Green Bay, and an MRI revealed a stress fracture in the ankle as well as an ''avulsion'' fracture in the heel bone, where a fragment has been torn away by a tendon or ligament. He doesn't need surgery, and he said after consulting with doctors he's confident he can't make the injury worse by playing.

Since taking over as the starter for the Packers in 1992, Favre has played through all kinds of pain — including a broken thumb — and not once has he sat out. His NFL-record streak is at 291 consecutive games started, 315 including the playoffs.

Favre, though, insisted he won't put his pride in the record over the sake of the team.

''I'm very proud of the streak, but it probably should have ended a long time ago,'' Favre said, adding: ''Whether it ends this week or it ends at the end of the year, it ends, and I will always be proud of it.''

Favre is also the subject of an NFL investigation into allegations that he sent lewd photographs and suggestive messages to a female New York Jets employee in 2008, a development that first put his streak in danger with the possibility of a suspension under the league's personal conduct policy.

Favre said the injury hasn't made him consider retiring now and that he's fully committed to finishing the season.

''There's still a lot of football left. We've dug ourselves a hole here. We all know that, for whatever reason,'' Favre said, adding: ''This could easily be an injury where I could where I could say, 'I'm going to slip under the radar. See you later. Easy out.' And people may think that. I want to play, and I want to help this team win. I owe that to the guys. I owe that to myself.''

Archived