This Is NOT On Sanchez

Smashmouth

Yes a few big plays cost us as well. The santonio drop and the drops at the end of the game but on the Santonio drop its not like we drove 90 yards we were in position to score and he dropped the ball thats totally on the player. BUT when your offense only gets in that position to score because the defense made a play how much do you give props to the OC ?? Like I said this team does much better when in the hurry up because defenses cant sit back and read Shottys CRAP offense they Must react and react quickly and Sanchez is usually right on target NOW WHY IS THAT ? Why does he becomes deadly accurate at that point but in the conventional Shooty offense hes a disaster ? Someone tell me when this offense has moved the ball in the first half of a game or even in the first 3 quarters of a game in our conventional offense ? WHEN ? Buffalo ? Sanchez at USC could hav put up points vs Buffalo

I completely agreed. Just to bash Schitty even further, I loved looking at the stat of how many points the Jets produced off of the other teams turnovers, 0! Schitty couldn't capitalize on a momentum change if his life depended on it. Can't capitalize on a team's weakness either (ie NE's 32nd ranked pass D).

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why does it have to be one or the other?

Exactly.

Schitty is inherently awful. Until the final drive he called only 3 1st down passes.

Sanchez sucks, but we hope that he is just young and will improve.

What's maddening is (1) Sanchez will throw a WTF pass and then throw an absolutely perfect pass at another time, and (2) Sanchez gets minimal help from his WRs. They never come back for the ball and they drop too many good ones.

Exactly.

Schitty is inherently awful. Until the final drive he called only 3 1st down passes.

What's maddening is (1) Sanchez will throw a WTF pass and then throw an absolutely perfect pass at another time, and (2) Sanchez gets minimal help from his WRs. They never come back for the ball and they drop too many good ones.

One thing I've noticed this year is that while Holmes gets d-rided...for good reason...when he's on he's on...no one seems to bring up the fact that the guy has dropped at least 12 passes in the 8-9 games he's played this year. He's supposed to be the sure hands guy.

Exactly.

And as an offensive coordinator should you not see lazy recievers and rip them to shreads therefore fixing the problem by week 14 ? SMC please explain why Sanchez seems so deadly accurate in the 200 offense and terrible in the conventional one ? Do you think it could have something to do with passing lanes and tightly covered recievers ? predictable offense with DB's jumping timing routes ?

One thing I've noticed this year is that while Holmes gets d-rided...for good reason...when he's on he's on...no one seems to bring up the fact that the guy has dropped at least 12 passes in the 8-9 games he's played this year. He's supposed to be the sure hands guy.

He also seems to run a bad route here and there as well. Could be more to Pitt wanting him out than we think. The worst thing a WR can do is run a lazy route its killer and Ive seen a few from Santonio this year including one today. Randy Moss was the King of bad routes where is he now ? Where is Tom Brady now :)

Exactly.

Agree with ur observations...it looks like the entire O is going through the motions...like they know the gameplan sucks so they just anticipate bad things happening...yet we see just a little glimmer from Sanchez and maybe.

Lead, follow or get out of the way...I think we have reached our apex with Schitty at the offensive helm.

Yes a few big plays cost us as well. The santonio drop and the drops at the end of the game but on the Santonio drop its not like we drove 90 yards we were in position to score and he dropped the ball thats totally on the player. BUT when your offense only gets in that position to score because the defense made a play how much do you give props to the OC ?? Like I said this team does much better when in the hurry up because defenses cant sit back and read Shottys CRAP offense they Must react and react quickly and Sanchez is usually right on target NOW WHY IS THAT ? Why does he becomes deadly accurate at that point but in the conventional Shooty offense hes a disaster ? Someone tell me when this offense has moved the ball in the first half of a game or even in the first 3 quarters of a game in our conventional offense ? WHEN ? Buffalo ? Sanchez at USC could hav put up points vs Buffalo

Scary thing-the Jets are probably going to have to do that to get in the playoffs vs. the Bills at home on 1/2.

Blame is not mutually exclusive here.

Sanchez is slumping, yet again. He has to turn into a man eventually, he is far too emo when he effs up. Too often he looks confused by the things he is being asked to do. Is it the scheme? Maybe. Is it the player? Maybe. At this point, somethings got to give, and it is far more sensible to give Mark a shot under different tutelage, than it is to start the QB search all over.

Our receivers drop everything - EVERYTHING. It is no longer a flukey thing, it is a pattern. Our offensive line and running game has suddenly become pedestrian. Concentration seems to be an issue for these guys, and commitment, and attention to details.

Bottom line? Schotty has never shown evidence of being even marginally good at his job. Tannenbaum went out and assemble what should be a killer offense on paper... and yet, here we are again watching the offense squander yet another 9 win season for the second time in 3 years. Hmmm...

If we aren't going to win this year, then we at the very least need to improve Sanchez - and I fear at this point, Schotty is more damaging to the development of our franchise QB than he is an asset to that development. All the finger pointing is moot. Teams, for good reason, do not dump top QB draft picks after 2 years in favor of coordinators that don't produce. The Jets have given Schotty 5 years, and 4 QBs. I rest my case on this guy...

Finally there is Rex. Well, he just keeps letting this all digress... while he carries on like a jackass about the SuperBowl. He was fun, when he was the "master motivator" and the guy recharging the fanbase in the aftermath of the lifelss Mangini... but ultimately, I knew we wouldn't know anything about Rex until we saw him get smacked down with some adversity. Bill gave him a mouth full of adversity last week, and Rex spit it out and kept running his mouth... only to show up this week with an even more pathetic product on the field.

Words cannot express how disappointed I am in Rex right now.

See.... plenty of blame to go 'round.

Blame is not mutually exclusive here.

Sanchez is slumping, yet again. He has to turn into a man eventually, he is far too emo when he effs up. Too often he looks confused by the things he is being asked to do. Is it the scheme? Maybe. Is it the player? Maybe. At this point, somethings got to give, and it is far more sensible to give Mark a shot under different tutelage, than it is to start the QB search all over.

Our receivers drop everything - EVERYTHING. It is no longer a flukey thing, it is a pattern. Our offensive line and running game has suddenly become pedestrian. Concentration seems to be an issue for these guys, and commitment, and attention to details.

Bottom line? Schotty has never shown evidence of being even marginally good at his job. Tannenbaum went out and assemble what should be a killer offense on paper... and yet, here we are again watching the offense squander yet another 9 win season for the second time in 3 years. Hmmm...

If we aren't going to win this year, then we at the very least need to improve Sanchez - and I fear at this point, Schotty is more damaging to the development of our franchise QB than he is an asset to that development. All the finger pointing is moot. Teams, for good reason, do not dump top QB draft picks after 2 years in favor of coordinators that don't produce. The Jets have given Schotty 5 years, and 4 QBs. I rest my case on this guy...

Finally there is Rex. Well, he just keeps letting this all digress... while he carries on like a jackass about the SuperBowl. He was fun, when he was the "master motivator" and the guy recharging the fanbase in the aftermath of the lifelss Mangini... but ultimately, I knew we wouldn't know anything about Rex until we saw him get smacked down with some adversity. Bill gave him a mouth full of adversity last week, and Rex spit it out and kept running his mouth... only to show up this week with an even more pathetic product on the field.

Words cannot express how disappointed I am in Rex right now.

See.... plenty of blame to go 'round.

I28 Im right with ya when it comes to Rex and the players as well. There are alot of problems starting to creep up and make themselves known BUT the writing has been on the wall all season. When you can't even get substitutions in the game in week 14 something is wrong on a lot of levels its not just sh*tty but he is one of the biggest problems we face because someone in this organization likes this imbecile. One thing Sanchez has done is shown a ton of promise in games where he had to take the team on his back, something he never did last year but has done 3 or 4 times this year. He probably would have done it again yesterday if the WR"s would have caught the football. The problem with those type things (4th quarter comebacks) is you almost have to be perfect as a team to pull them off and so in that case you wont be successful every time. Good solid football teams dont put themselves in the position of having to come back every week in poorly played games.

If some serious dicipline is not installed soon this team will spiral out of control (if we havent already) and lose the remainder of its games. Does anyone here see this offense scoring on the Bears or the Steelers without some freakish big play or the defense making something happen ? One Positive I saw yesterday was our Defense started playing Physical again and Taylor played like a madman and should probably get more snaps the remainder of the season.

Exactly.

Completely agree. Sanchez did look like sh*t yesterday but wtf is going on with the O-Line and the WR's. Yes some passes were a little off but catch the ****in ball for ****s sake!! Its still hitting their hands! ANd can the O-Line get a body on someone?! Correct me if I'm wrong, because I honestly dont know, isnt it the O-Lines responsibility when a ball gets batted down at the line? Shouldnt they have a body on these guys and be pushing them back making sure they dont get off the ground or get their hands up? And if Sanchez wasnt scared for his life back there every other play I'm sure his passes would be way more accurate. Thats where Schotty comes in, when you run for 2-3 yds on 1st and 2nd down THEY KNOW YOU ARE THROWING ON 3RD so they send everyone at Sanchez and then everyone wonders why Sanchez looks like crap and cant find anyone opened. Anyone saying Sanchez doesnt have the ability doesnt make any sense. Did you see those 2 throws to Cotchery at the end of the game? (1 of course wasnt caught) They were PERFECT. THe TD pass to Holmes? PERFECT. He has zero confidence right now because he can see that his OC and Head Coach have ZERO confidence in him and he cant trust his O-Line OR his WR's to do their jobs.

This is a huge hug of suck:

439x.jpg

They're embracing each others suck, and sharing it.

So... since Sanchez's body language is of such concern to the coaching staff... lets read into the body language in this photo.

Schotty: "We rule! I callz teh playz that winz teh gamez!!!! Yibbiddy-doooo!!!! Give me some snuggle time Mark - I needz it. Holy crap, I can't believe I called teh plays that won the game!!!!"

Sanchez: "This mother****er..."

Sanchez has a better arm.

Jesus ******* christ.

O/U on "number of OCs that get blamed for Sanchez being a pile of cold vomit": 2.5

Jets OCs only? Line should probably be 1.5. You have to remember that no matter how bad Sanchez is under the next guy it will continue to be blamed on Schottenheimer for at least a year, by which point you'd hope the team will have wised up and drafted another quarterback.

Jesus ******* christ.

Jets OCs only? Line should probably be 1.5. You have to remember that no matter how bad Sanchez is under the next guy it will continue to be blamed on Schottenheimer for at least a year, by which point you'd hope the team will have wised up and drafted another quarterback.

I wanna see what this kid can do when being coach by somebody who isn't totally incompetent. If he still can't get it done, I'll turn on him.

Until then I need to deal with the reality that Sanchez ain't going anywhere for at least two more years and the Jets need to do whatever they can to make this kid a player. And the first step is to hire someone who doesn't call pass plays on third and seven in which only one receiver runs a route by design.

i see alot of "blame" threads on the board

blame Schotty

blame the OL

blame Rex

blame Sal Alosi

blame Santonio Holmes

etc.

I see 1 thread with Sanchez name in the title and it's a plea to NOT blame the kid?

the truth is Mark Sanchez hasn't been an accurate QB all year. Statistically he's Derek Anderson and Jason Campbell level of suck. He's had a couple game winning drives but overall he's leaving way too many plays on the field.

the playcalling could be better but answer me this, how many plays are drawn up to end with a QB fumble or badly thrown interception? Schotty isn't telling Mark to play like crap. the reason why they run on 1st down? to give the D a breather at least get the clock moving cause 3 ints and out is no way to run a football team.

look at the Jets as a team, they have strengths. a top 5 d. a top 10 OL. players up and down the roster. What they don't have is a Qb playing well and that's the problem. schotty and some others will probably lose their jobs but it's all deck chairs on the titanic, unless Sanchez wakes the F up and lives up to potential.

i see alot of "blame" threads on the board

blame Schotty

blame the OL

blame Rex

blame Sal Alosi

blame Santonio Holmes

etc.

I see 1 thread with Sanchez name in the title and it's a plea to NOT blame the kid?

the truth is Mark Sanchez hasn't been an accurate QB all year. Statistically he's Derek Anderson and Jason Campbell level of suck. He's had a couple game winning drives but overall he's leaving way too many plays on the field.

the playcalling could be better but answer me this, how many plays are drawn up to end with a QB fumble or badly thrown interception? Schotty isn't telling Mark to play like crap. the reason why they run on 1st down? to give the D a breather at least get the clock moving cause 3 ints and out is no way to run a football team.

look at the Jets as a team, they have strengths. a top 5 d. a top 10 OL. players up and down the roster. What they don't have is a Qb playing well and that's the problem. schotty and some others will probably lose their jobs but it's all deck chairs on the titanic, unless Sanchez wakes the F up and lives up to potential.

You're not wrong.

But, I don't see how you can say anything positive about the offensive line. They've been a huge disappointment.

But, I don't see how you can say anything positive about the offensive line. They've been a huge disappointment.

the OL looks worse than it is cause the fanbase is panicking along with the QB. the truth is you get 3 seconds in this league, 1, 2, and throw. Mark stands around all day and gets killed.

yes the running game would be better with Faneca but the pass pro is more or less the same, maybe a little better (according to footballoutsiders the Jets OL are 3rd in run blocking and 11th in pass pro). Meanwhile the QB is 26th.

people think the Pats have a great OL. They don't Mankins and Vollmer are the only 2 players above average. What they have is a QB who makes the most of the time he gets. Give Brady one second he will do something with that one second.

the OL looks worse than it is cause the fanbase is panicking along with the QB. the truth is you get 3 seconds in this league, 1, 2, and throw. Mark stands around all day and gets killed.

yes the running game would be better with Faneca but the pass pro is more or less the same, maybe a little better (according to footballoutsiders the Jets OL are 3rd in run blocking and 11th in pass pro). Meanwhile the QB is 26th.

people think the Pats have a great OL. They don't Mankins and Vollmer are the only 2 players above average. What they have is a QB who makes the most of the time he gets. Give Brady one second he will do something with that one second.

The OL looks bad because of the fanbase?

No the OL looks bad because they've been playing like sh*t for four weeks.

I know Sanchez holds onto the ball to long. That's also because it seems our OC is afraid of intermediary routes. Still, to me, and sure this is anecdotal, but to me, it sure looks like he has less time than he's had in the past recently.

I'm aware Brady makes his Oline look better than it is, but I still feel like Sanchez isn't getting a ton of help.

That said, when Sanchez does have time, he still does incompetent things, so who cares, really?

That said, when Sanchez does have time, he still does incompetent things, so who cares, really?

LOL it's true... but if any1 wants to be a glutton for punishment... go to the tape of yesterday's game (heck the Pats game too) and put a stopwatch on the pass plays. I'd bet money Mark is getting more than 3 seconds of protection. like you say, he's actually making some his worst plays after 5 seconds of protection.

LOL it's true... but if any1 wants to be a glutton for punishment... go to the tape of yesterday's game (heck the Pats game too) and put a stopwatch on the pass plays. I'd bet money Mark is getting more than 3 seconds of protection. like you say, he's actually making some his worst plays after 5 seconds of protection.

Well, my whole argument has been that he's not very good, but he's not getting much help. So, I'm not sure where that leaves us?

Gholston sucks. Take that.

Why does it have to be one or the other?

I'm not sure. I've watched both together for 2 years now, and the both of them are really bad at what they do.

Sanchez flat out stinks. Its not hard to see. I mean just look at the kid. He looks completely defeated. I've never in my life seen a QB look like such a little bitch on the sidelines. He's such a pussy its not even funny.

The bottom line is that no matter if Sanchez is the "big problem" the Jets have so much invested in him that they won't address the QB issue until 2012 at the earliest.

Sanchez is not a POS off the field like Young or Russell, so the Jets will let him work as hard as he can to get better. If Sanchez was a dick then they would be quicker to address the issue.

With that, it will be the coaches to take the fall.

Rex has to start acting like a HC and not a DC. Sean Peyton was stripped TWICE of his playcalling duties as OC, once by Fassell and once by Parcells and it ended up helping their respective teams in both situations. That didn't stop Peyton from becoming a good HC. So you Schitty lovers take heart, even if it's the end of Schitty running the offense it won't be the end of him in the NFL.

I really don't understand how you guys can watch these games and see sanchez throwing behind or out right missing one receiver after the next and come to the conclusion that it's all schotty's fault. And when the kid actually throws a decent pass half the time our sh*tty brain dead receivers drop it.. And when the pocket breaks down, those same brain dead receivers don't work back to the kid..

Of course Schotty is to blame for some of this.. but our QB has proven to be inaccurate when the weather/temp isn't good. Our receivers are overrated and several of these games our vaunted "ground and pound" offense has be inept.

The QB isn't as good as you guys thought he was, that's really the biggest issue here. But you just overrated him, he's only a second year guy for cripes sake

I'm no sanchez fanboy but I can't see how you're willing to give up on him already, he's a second year player and compares favorably to most second year qb's in every stat besides completion %.. (and eli was basically right where Sanchez is at). There's certainly issues to resolve, but I can't see how he hasn't earned another season before even thinking about cutting ties..

I really don't understand how you guys can watch these games and see sanchez throwing behind or out right missing one receiver after the next and come to the conclusion that it's all schotty's fault. And when the kid actually throws a decent pass half the time our sh*tty brain dead receivers drop it.. And when the pocket breaks down, those same brain dead receivers don't work back to the kid..

Of course Schotty is to blame for some of this.. but our QB has proven to be inaccurate when the weather/temp isn't good. Our receivers are overrated and several of these games our vaunted "ground and pound" offense has be inept.

The QB isn't as good as you guys thought he was, that's really the biggest issue here. But you just overrated him, he's only a second year guy for cripes sake

Oh, I agree.

But, unfortunately, message board discussions devolve into 2 dimensional thinking.

Schitty AND Sanchez could suck. One's suckage does not absolve the other's.

Sanchez' inconsistent accuracy drives me nuts. He throws a perfect pass on one down and then misses a wide open WR by 5 yds on the next. It's bizzare.

The WRs not coming back for the ball is coaching. You have to play design for that. Sanchez scrambles and the nearest WR is 25 yds down the field. They are taught where to go on those plays. That's Schitty. The fact that the majority of pass plays are outs and nothing short and they have to beg to have slants called is on Schitty.

Finally, on 23 first downs yesterday before the final drive, Schitty called 20 runs and 19 of them were up the middle. That's inexcusable.

I'm no sanchez fanboy but I can't see how you're willing to give up on him already, he's a second year player and compares favorably to most second year qb's in every stat besides completion %.. (and eli was basically right where Sanchez is at). There's certainly issues to resolve, but I can't see how he hasn't earned another season before even thinking about cutting ties..

Aten is not giving up on Sanchez, he's hated him since USC.

OF COURSE when Sanchez plays like crap Aten is going to advocate for the Jets to dump him. When Sanchez is playing well Aten is scarce because he knows he'll look foolish advocating for the Jets to get rid of him.

Archived