**** Official New York Jets vs Pittsburgh Steelers Game Thread ****

war ensemble

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No. Strength of victories are still lower than San Diego so technically they're in it.

TO BREAK A TIE FOR THE WILD-CARD TEAM

If it is necessary to break ties to determine the two Wild-Card clubs from each conference, the following steps will be taken.

1. If the tied clubs are from the same division, apply division tie breaker.

2. If the tied clubs are from different divisions, apply the following steps.

Two Clubs

1. Head-to-head, if applicable.

2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.

3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.

4. Strength of victory.

5. Strength of schedule.

6. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.

7. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.

8. Best net points in conference games.

9. Best net points in all games.

10. Best net touchdowns in all games.

11. Coin toss.

Basically, we're up against San Diego and one of Colts/Jags. All 3 of them have to win out to have a shot at stealing a spot against us for the playoffs. Win and we're win.

That's pretty much it. We didn't clinch but we're in the driver's seat.

TO BREAK A TIE FOR THE WILD-CARD TEAM

If it is necessary to break ties to determine the two Wild-Card clubs from each conference, the following steps will be taken.

1. If the tied clubs are from the same division, apply division tie breaker.

2. If the tied clubs are from different divisions, apply the following steps.

Two Clubs

1. Head-to-head, if applicable.

2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.

3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.

4. Strength of victory.

5. Strength of schedule.

6. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.

7. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.

8. Best net points in conference games.

9. Best net points in all games.

10. Best net touchdowns in all games.

11. Coin toss.

Basically, we're up against San Diego and one of Colts/Jags. All 3 of them have to win out to have a shot at stealing a spot against us for the playoffs. Win and we're win.

That's pretty much it. We didn't clinch but we're in the driver's seat.

Ah, forgot about the 3rd one. I think we clinch next week. We're better on the road and Chicago is overrated.

You think we can beat the Bears out there RJF?

They're not that good at home. Sans New England we're awesome on the road. Even their wins were close calls out there. They have by far the worst offensive line in the league. Sanchez shouldn't be the deciding factor because Cutler's been as bad as he's been. Peppers is sick but watching the way that Callahan switched Brick around on the line today I don't think he'll be a huge problem considering Brick was awesome against him last season. I think we win big actually, first time since Buffalo.

They're not that good at home. Sans New England we're awesome on the road. Even their wins were close calls out there. They have by far the worst offensive line in the league. Sanchez shouldn't be the deciding factor because Cutler's been as bad as he's been. Peppers is sick but watching the way that Callahan switched Brick around on the line today I don't think he'll be a huge problem considering Brick was awesome against him last season. I think we win big actually, first time since Buffalo.

Hunter was outstanding today too. Did they have a sack? Very good performance by our oline...best of the year by far.

If we play like that today, we can beat Chicago.

What exactly consistitutes a technical taint licking? I'm wondering if it's worth paying extra for one.

technically, it invloves starting at one end and covering the entire taint. it can be done top to bottom or bottom to top. in europe it usually is done with a swirl at some point, which is entirely optional of course

oh, and here are some playoff standings info

Pitsburgh's last drive. He had Simmons (?) I think it was going deep and Lowery slowed him down. The arm was extended and it was pretty blatant when I saw it again. It should have been called but sh*t, we are due some good calls.

Haha that's hilarious. I think those refs weren't very interested in making too many calls yesterday. They did screw up early on in the game against the Jets too, so for once it balanced out. No wonder Steelers fans are always angry. The Steelers and Chargers for some reason don't really get calls. The Broncos, Pats and Colts get obvious preferential calls. I think the Jets are somewhere in-between honestly.

Archived