**** Official New York Jets vs Pittsburgh Steelers Game Thread ****

war ensemble

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was just about to say, at least he's being productive on the field. Got the Steelers in a tough spot right here, lets capitalize.

It actually makes me feel great about him long term. The knock on McKnight all along has been he's got all the talent, but it's the work and commitment that's the issue. The fact is, special teams is generally not about athleticism and typically is more about the guy who puts in the most effort and hard work on those plays. McKnight has clearly proven to this team he's willing to put that work in, which can only mean good things going forward. At the very least, even if at most he only ever contributes as he has on special teams, you do a lot worse for a 4th round pick.

Slaussen saved Sanchez from getting killed.

McKnight good on ST.

And nice crappy D.

Exactly. You can blame Slausen for not seeing the blitzer earlier, but I won't criticize him for holding the guy once it was too late. If he doesn't Sanchez gets killed and the Jets lose a damn plus the yards. That second down was just a give up after that.

It actually makes me feel great about him long term. The knock on McKnight all along has been he's got all the talent, but it's the work and commitment that's the issue. The fact is, special teams is generally not about athleticism and typically is more about the guy who puts in the most effort and hard work on those plays. McKnight has clearly proven to this team he's willing to put that work in, which can only mean good things going forward. At the very least, even if at most he only ever contributes as he has on special teams, you do a lot worse for a 4th round pick.

Concur. He's still just a rookie after all

Archived