Ellis gets Sued over snowball throwing incident

thejetsaddict

Best part is the Heisman poses this guys does with the snow chunk after he has entered the "pain and anguish" stage of his recovery.

NY Jets Star Sued for Attacking Fan ... with Snowball

12/20/2010 6:30 AM PST by TMZ Staff

NY Jets defensive superstar Shaun Ellis must have one hell of an arm -- because dude was just sued for firing a snowball at a Seattle Seahawks fan who claims the icy attack caused him physical and emotional pain.

The infamous snowball incident (see video below) went down in 2008 -- after the Jets lost to the Seahawks ... and were subsequently eliminated from the playoffs.

According to the lawsuit, Ellis was bitter about the defeat ... and as he walked off the field, he "stopped, picked up a large block or chunk or packed snow ... and threw it into the crowd" ... striking a man named Robert Larsen.

In the suit, Larsen -- a Seahawks season ticket holder -- claims he had been waving a pro-Seahawks sign ... which made him a perfect snowball target.

Larsen claims Ellis said the snowball toss was "all in fun" -- but Larsen says he was seriously messed up in the incident ... and has suffered physical injury, humiliation, mental distress, pain and wage loss.

No word on how much cash Larsen is looking to rake in.

Best part is the Heisman poses this guys does with the snow chunk after he has entered the "pain and anguish" stage of his recovery.

NY Jets defensive superstar Shaun Ellis must have one hell of an arm -- because dude was just sued for firing a snowball at a Seattle Seahawks fan who claims the icy attack caused him physical and emotional pain.

The infamous snowball incident (see video below) went down in 2008 -- after the Jets lost to the Seahawks ... and were subsequently eliminated from the playoffs.

According to the lawsuit, Ellis was bitter about the defeat ... and as he walked off the field, he "stopped, picked up a large block or chunk or packed snow ... and threw it into the crowd" ... striking a man named Robert Larsen.

In the suit, Larsen -- a Seahawks season ticket holder -- claims he had been waving a pro-Seahawks sign ... which made him a perfect snowball target.

Larsen claims Ellis said the snowball toss was "all in fun" -- but Larsen says he was seriously messed up in the incident ... and has suffered physical injury, humiliation, mental distress, pain and wage loss.

he lost money because of this?

I hope the judge lectures him and makes him cry while throwing this nonsensensically frivilous suit in the trash.

Not yet but lets see what the court says. I cant see him winning much after the show and dance he put on with the snowball in his hands after he got hit. It sure didnt look like he was hurt in any way.

no, it said this guy suffered wage loss...how did he lose money because of this? unless they meant weight loss, which is also comical

Hopefully the judge takes one look at this video and throws the case right out, right after making Robert Larsen pay Ellis' legal fees.

Unfortunately, I doubt he can. Damages are a jury question. Judge can only boot a case if there is no set of facts under which Plaintiff is able to recover under the law. The video shows that a snowball hit the guy and that Ellis threw it. No way Ellis can win summary judgment. The standard for SJ is extraordinarily high.

Unfortunately, I doubt he can. Damages are a jury question. Judge can only boot a case if there is no set of facts under which Plaintiff is able to recover under the law. The video shows that a snowball hit the guy and that Ellis threw it. No way Ellis can win summary judgment. The standard for SJ is extraordinarily high.

You think he's going to meet the threshold? I don't know about Seattle, but in NY he'd have to prove a serious/permanent injury. Seems hard to believe that if he's the guy in the corner with the #1 jersey that he can show serious injury. I guess the guy could have an MRI that says anything, but seems unlikely anything serious came from this.

Hopefully the judge takes one look at this video and throws the case right out, right after making Robert Larsen pay Ellis' legal fees.

and then investigating him for insurane fraud, you know he's gone after workers compe recently and was denied....

You think he's going to meet the threshold? I don't know about Seattle, but in NY he'd have to prove a serious/permanent injury. Seems hard to believe that if he's the guy in the corner with the #1 jersey that he can show serious injury. I guess the guy could have an MRI that says anything, but seems unlikely anything serious came from this.

Not totally sure what the claim is or anything about Washington law. The lost wages claim can probably survive - I'm sure he missed a day or two or work due to a hangover after the game!

i hope this goes to trial.i hope the jury finds in the plaintiffs favor.then i hope the jury orders ellis to never throw a snowball again and awards the plaintiff $1 for his damaged seahawk sign

Seattle was hurling snowballs at the Jets as they were leaving the field. I thought what Ellis did was hilarious.

Seattle sucks and so does everyone that live there.

Highest rate of suicide in the country. They really do suck and are all miserable and depressed.

Highest rate of suicide in the country. They really do suck and are all miserable and depressed.

I lived there for a year. It was awful. Pretty city, very eclectic and eccentric but sh*t weather all year round and everyone there is a ******* weirdo.

The only thing that was cool is there are tons of Asians there...and I love Asians. Too bad I followed some crazy bitch out there and couldnt take advantage of it.

I lived there for a year. It was awful. Pretty city, very eclectic and eccentric but sh*t weather all year round and everyone there is a ******* weirdo.

The only thing that was cool is there are tons of Asians there...and I love Asians. Too bad I followed some crazy bitch out there and couldnt take advantage of it.

But you're not bitter or anything. I like Seattle. Great looking women, outstanding restaurants, especially if you like seafood. Cool place.

Archived