Q: Do you want Shotty back with this team?

madmikeisback

How does this surprise everyone?

This douche is, for some reason, viewed in league circles as an elite coordinator, as evidenced by his yearly head coaching interviews.

And you expected him to get sh*t-canned after "leading" the team to another AFC Championship appearance?

Zero chance.

Comment right before that:

"I believe we have a lot of coaches that will be in demand. I hope they are all back with us, but we'll see... "

Or something to that effect.

Basically, nothing is happening until something happens.

I know we are all dissatisfied with SChotty's playcalling yesterday and throughout the past two seasons, but as much as I would love to bring in a better OC, a move like that might set us back on offense. Sanchez has spent two years getting comfortable with this system and just when he is beginning to develop into a good QB we pull the rug out from underneath him and start over again, I can't help but thinking that move would prove to be disastrous. Good quarterback play can make even the most incompetent of OC's look genius...heres to hoping Sanchez can make schotty look like a genius.

Comment right before that:

"I believe we have a lot of coaches that will be in demand. I hope they are all back with us, but we'll see... "

Or something to that effect.

Basically, nothing is happening until something happens.

Translation: Hope our coaches get interviewed for HC jobs. I hope they get a job with someone else and prevent us from firing them!

Translation: Hope our coaches get interviewed for HC jobs. I hope they get a job with someone else and prevent us from firing them!

Exactly, Rex doesn't throw his guys under the bus. Period.

Strategically, it makes less sense to say we love our guys.... make them more appealing to other teams, and you gotta remember, we want people to want to be here... Rex gives us that, but if he starts throwing guys under the bus... that goes away.

I will give credit where it is due, shotty isnt a complete moron he has some good schemes that have worked in the 2nd half of the games however his game plans leave alot to be desired. Sanchez is getting better and the worst thing that can happen would be to install a new offense just as he is getting comfortable with this one. We dont want him to take a step back.

Rex is crazy!

I think the reason Schotty will be back is because Rex doesn't want anything to do with the offense. During the Jets last possession there was a TV timeout and after CBS came back from commercials they showed Schotty talking to Sanchez while Rex stood 10 yards away. Did anyone else see that?

I will give credit where it is due, shotty isnt a complete moron he has some good schemes that have worked in the 2nd half of the games however his game plans leave alot to be desired. Sanchez is getting better and the worst thing that can happen would be to install a new offense just as he is getting comfortable with this one. We dont want him to take a step back.

I'd sacrifice a small step back; it's highly unlikely the Jets will make 3 straight AFCC appearances anyway.

I know we are all dissatisfied with SChotty's playcalling yesterday and throughout the past two seasons, but as much as I would love to bring in a better OC, a move like that might set us back on offense. Sanchez has spent two years getting comfortable with this system and just when he is beginning to develop into a good QB we pull the rug out from underneath him and start over again, I can't help but thinking that move would prove to be disastrous. Good quarterback play can make even the most incompetent of OC's look genius...heres to hoping Sanchez can make schotty look like a genius.

Agreed. I'm obviously as upset as anyone with what happened yesterday, but I think Sanchez is finally getting comfortable in this system. I am all for bringing him back and beginning year 3

Predictably foolish, overly and needlessly complex, playcall in 2011 is one of the only things that would keep us from playing in a 3rd consecutive AFC championship game. I pray this dildo gets hired away. It would be against my beliefs to wish ill circumstance on him - but I'm close to it.

Exactly, Rex doesn't throw his guys under the bus. Period.

Strategically, it makes less sense to say we love our guys.... make them more appealing to other teams, and you gotta remember, we want people to want to be here... Rex gives us that, but if he starts throwing guys under the bus... that goes away.

That's the elegant way to go about it.

Heck even if he is fired the HC won't say he was Schitty coach! It would be something along the line of we wanted to go a different direction and wish him and his family the very best!

Archived