Patriots Love Fest Continues

hoping4ASuperBowl

The Patriots' offensive line walked away with the 2010 Madden Most Valuable Protectors Award this week.

The award is based on a combination of statistics, most notably fewest sacks allowed, rushing yards, and passing yards. The Pats averaged a league-high 32.4 points to go with the eighth-most yards (363.8) and the fourth-fewest total sacks (25). Dan Koppen, Sebastian Vollmer, and Matt Light were mainstays up front.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2011/02/04/patriots_awarded_for_their_proficient_line_play/?rss_id=Boston.com+--+New+England+Patriots+news

:sign0098::banana2:

Best OL in football up in NE. Yeah, you hear that all the time.

Really.

Wouldn't you think the "Most Valuable Protectors" award would go to the O-line that allowed the fewest sacks, in which case this year would be a tie between the Giants and Colts.

The press release even identifies the Pats as having given up the fourth fewest sacks. It's strange to give an award to a team for being the fourth best at the thing the award is for, ins't it?

I don't understand how an NFL award can be named so poorly, by people who supposedly watch football. If it's called the Most Valuable Protector award than it should go to the team that allows the fewest sacks or maybe fewest sacks per pass attempt. I don't see how you add in rushing yards and offensive points scored. Either change it to Most Outstanding Oline Award or start calling the guy with the 4th most sacks on the year the Most Outstanding sack artists.

:rl:

Now we are literally making up awards to give the Pats?

I admit that this one is undeserved. Well, I guess it depends - Brady was not sacked much in the regular season and the run game became relevant with BenJarvis Green-Ellis and a Garden Gnome named Danny Woodhead. However, the Jets killed and sacked Brady a lot in the postseason game, so that lingering image of the Jets beatdown colors what was a very good regular season by the 0-line.

However, and more important, is how much it kills Zippy to know that the Jets are the most hated franchise in the NFL....contrary to his numerous, self-affirmation-like pleadings to the contrary.

zippy_logo.gif

I admit that this one is undeserved. Well, I guess it depends - Brady was not sacked much in the regular season. He was killed by the Jets in the post season. So, that lingering sentiment colors what was a very good regular season by the 0-line.

However, and more important, is how much it kills Zippy to know that the Jets are the most hated franchise in the NFL....contrary to his numerous, self-affirmation-like pleadings to the contrary.

The Jets are the most hated team in the NFL? Good.

Whatever helps you deal with the sting of a home playoff loss to the Jets, Garb.

No sting here. The future is bright and I'm leaving for a five day vacation tomorrow morning. I'm very happy right now.

Plus, Zippy lost! Actually, he ADMITTED defeat. Ahhh.....sweet victory.

;)

Glad to see that you have finally decided to vacate the losing battle. I win! Victory is mine!!! Zippy loses! Woooohoooooo!!! ZIIIIIIIPPPPPYYYYYYY LOSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is both sad and pathetic.

Taking pride in beating Klacko aka Zippy, is like taking pride in beating a retard in chess.

Act like you've been there Garb. I'm embarrassed for you.

Taking pride in beating Klacko aka Zippy, is like taking pride in beating a retard in chess.

Oh my goodness! That cut like a knife, Spicoli.

LOL!

I think it's okay to brag when the retard thinks he's Einstein.

;)

agreed. it's like celebrating being picked second to last in gym class ..

I am going to beat you senseless.

You cant catch me.

Oh my goodness! That cut like a knife, Spicoli.

LOL!

I think it's okay to brag when the retard thinks he's Einstein.

;)

Its never o.k. to brag about beating a retard...the reason he is retard is because he thinks he Einstein.

agreed. it's like celebrating being picked second to last in gym class ..

Come'on, Klacko was always last.

let it go boss, noodle dance that memory into oblivion, "let it go, let it flow"

Slow and low that is the noodle tempo.

The Patriots' offensive line walked away with the 2010 Madden Most Valuable Protectors Award this week.

The award is based on a combination of statistics, most notably fewest sacks allowed, rushing yards, and passing yards. The Pats averaged a league-high 32.4 points to go with the eighth-most yards (363.8) and the fourth-fewest total sacks (25). Dan Koppen, Sebastian Vollmer, and Matt Light were mainstays up front.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2011/02/04/patriots_awarded_for_their_proficient_line_play/?rss_id=Boston.com+--+New+England+Patriots+news

:sign0098::banana2:

Break out the Duckboats

Archived