Clue Mafia - Game on!

Lily

Can I just say I have no idea wtf is going on...Is it standard procedure to vote for someone because they voted for you? Am I winning the game yet?

Day 1 is pretty tough for n00bz. Although you're like Vernon Gholston to 80's Mayo.

Lots of dick jokes, general retarded-ness. The other issue is you haven't played much and people tend to look at previous play to figure out if someone is "scum". Right now I'd say you have to take a seat and watch. If something seems weird, like someone is forcing something then maybe act on it. Ultimately this is a guessing game, especially the first day or 2.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 1 is pretty tough for n00bz. Although you're like Vernon Gholston to 80's Mayo.

Lots of dick jokes, general retarded-ness. The other issue is you haven't played much and people tend to look at previous play to figure out if someone is "scum". Right now I'd say you have to take a seat and watch. If something seems weird, like someone is forcing something then maybe act on it. Ultimately this is a guessing game, especially the first day or 2.

for noobs or if you're JiF apparently. :) He sucks. I said so apparently so it must be true.

Looks like some people have their PMS cycles aligned.....ouch. It's like living in a house with 10 chicks. Great fun for 3 weeks - want to dance in traffic for the 4th week.

holy crap, getting all emo'y already up in here..

I'm not sure about the case on i28, seems pretty brazen a scum move to take up the reins of a theory that was getting scrutinized as scummy already... I think verbal's point about him shooting theories all over the place to see who to latch on to it is decent, but again, that's really how this whole monkey fos thing started and has been his mo

Looks like some people have their PMS cycles aligned.....ouch. It's like living in a house with 10 chicks. Great fun for 3 weeks - want to dance in traffic for the 4th week.

Except that you can come and go as you please. You shouldn't be getting cabin fever in an interwebz message board mafia game. Curious post.

Is it hypocrisy if I did it intentionally to see who tried to make more of it than it is? Just wondering...

a4e76160-832a-493d-a220-8df3c6775a87.jpg

You are so wise, like a miniture buddah. Covered in fur.

All wisdom will ultimately be known when my true alignment is revealed.

Regarding the I28/Slats thing. lol.

I'm getting a kind of wizard of oz bomb vibe from I28. You remember, the time he tried to do something smart and it failed miserably...

Slats' "I wonder why the scum wanted to go to the kitchen so bad" comment does concern me a little since it turned out to apparently be the worst room we could have gone to.

That was my first post of the day phase, a joke/commentary/thinking-out-loud thing on the speed and overwhelmingness of the kitchen landslide - and nothing else.

Jeez...I wonder how Slats and Bret feel considering they are the ones that I do this to every game...not you. But sorry you feel that way. I'll make you a deal, I wont sign up for game you play in anymore because I dont want to ruin your experience. I dont mean to frustrate the Goddess of mafia.

My feelings are hurt deeply, each and every game.

And JVoR is very good, but I don't get a scummy vibe from him at this point in the game. I'd rather have him last and take advantage of his brilliance for a little while. His dead thread commentary was smarter than anything actually going on in the Transformers game.

Can I just say I have no idea wtf is going on...Is it standard procedure to vote for someone because they voted for you? Am I winning the game yet?

Did you follow the Transformers game at all? That would've helped. This game has an odd setup (for us), but we're getting down to the business of playing mafia the way we usually do now.

If you're scum, you might consider yourself winning - being that a townie is already dead. But it's still really too close to call.

And JVoR is very good, but I don't get a scummy vibe from him at this point in the game. I'd rather have him last and take advantage of his brilliance for a little while. His dead thread commentary was smarter than anything actually going on in the Transformers game.

Spoken like someone who wants to keep his fellow intelligent scum-mate alive as long as possible.

Pac is keeping his vote buried on a player he knows will not be lynched today... and keeping his typically arrogant self out of the mix otherwise.

gfy.

I followed the back and forth you had with Slats and didn't get much from it. From my vantage point you were getting slapped around a bit and Slats' answers to your akkuzations made sense.

I was inclined to vote you during the exchange but I knew it was only a matter of time before you pulled the rug out from under us and said "juuust kidding guys. I wanted to see how peoples would react"... you crazy monkey you. :rolleyes:

Right now I'm not found of the Vic vote on Slats or the JVoR smackdown of the JiF. Want to see how the day continues to develop because there are still a lot of people out there not talking very much.

I have to have some caffeine reread all those words again, but I have to agree that this is my perception and I don't like it. Incidently, when i was making the posts about the kitchen, I knew I was going to get heat and one of the things I was wondering if you or song would do the same as i28 seems to be doing, back off and leave me on an island. Song addrressed it head on by asking why wwwombat didn't vote her, so I actually feel pretty good about her right now. (why would scum put herself in the cross hairs in that spot).. You seemed to avoid it all together until the ape started flinging poop around again..

I thought we had a little discussion about how it's not worthy of too much discussion this early in the game (but maybe worth filing away for later) - that's why I dropped it until I was attacked by a thundercat and had monkey poo flung in my eye.

Song and I are coming from two different angles here. She's an attractive, young, female newbie in these parts, and I'm a old Trey look-alike who gets placed in the cross hairs on a regular basis. She has a natural advantage against predators that I can't match.

for noobs or if you're JiF apparently. :) He sucks. I said so apparently so it must be true.

This. I'm the suckiest mafia player ever. I'm probably going to take a break after this and just follow you around for a couple games to see how to become the Goddess of mafia. In all honesty, its probably for the better of my self conscious because you make me feel so inferior when I play games with you in it...hence why I'm voting you right now. I'll feel like my typical sucky stoopid self with out you around

His dead thread commentary was smarter than anything actually going on in the Transformers game.

You mean to tell me he's brilliant even when he knows exactly what is going on? Holy sh*t. It's official. JVOR is the Athena of Mafia. Not only is he the greatest ever in game player, but he's also the greatest non-participation ever too.

Lets all bow before him.

@ LilyMod - can you find a replacement for me? I'd like to just observe JVOR with knowledge of the game so I can study his every move and then come back to Mafia with a vengeance. As of right now, I just dont feel like I'm worthy of playing in the same game as him. Thanks,

gfy.

I followed the back and forth you had with Slats and didn't get much from it. From my vantage point you were getting slapped around a bit and Slats' answers to your akkuzations made sense.

I was inclined to vote you during the exchange but I knew it was only a matter of time before you pulled the rug out from under us and said "juuust kidding guys. I wanted to see how peoples would react"... you crazy monkey you. :rolleyes:

Right now I'm not found of the Vic vote on Slats or the JVoR smackdown of the JiF. Want to see how the day continues to develop because there are still a lot of people out there not talking very much.

I am to you what JVoR is to JiF. I can't recall any game where you ever felt good about me.

This. I'm the suckiest mafia player ever. I'm probably going to take a break after this and just follow you around for a couple games to see how to become the Goddess of mafia. In all honesty, its probably for the better of my self conscious because you make me feel so inferior when I play games with you in it...hence why I'm voting you right now. I'll feel like my typical sucky stoopid self with out you around

You mean to tell me he's brilliant even when he knows exactly what is going on? Holy sh*t. It's official. JVOR is the Athena of Mafia. Not only is he the greatest ever in game player, but he's also the greatest non-participation ever too.

Lets all bow before him.

@ LilyMod - can you find a replacement for me? I'd like to just observe JVOR with knowledge of the game so I can study his every move and then come back to Mafia with a vengeance. As of right now, I just dont feel like I'm worthy of playing in the same game as him. Thanks,

wow. just wow. Get over yourself and play. You have no idea if i'm even goading you into voting me on purpose or trying to gauge your reaction from needling you. Just relax a little.

I never asked you to stopped playing did I? That was ALL you. You're the one saying you feel uncomfortable playing with me so I can step out if you really feel that uncomfortable about it. I'm 100% fine playing with you.

Lets all bow before him.

Seems to me you're trying too hard JiF.

Lets all bow before him.

Dane Cook everyone!!!

wow. just wow. Get over yourself and play. You have no idea if i'm even goading you into voting me on purpose or trying to gauge your reaction from needling you. Just relax a little.

I never asked you to stopped playing did I? That was ALL you. You're the one saying you feel uncomfortable playing with me so I can step out if you really feel that uncomfortable about it. I'm 100% fine playing with you.

I'm wasting your time. Its like playing Basketball with Michael Jordan...I'm not worthy. You need opponents at your level. And you are like Mt. Everest, and I'm below sea level.

Seems to me you're trying too hard JiF.

Sorry. I just dont want to hold the game back because I suck so bad. Its not right to everyone else.

I'm wasting your time. Its like playing Basketball with Michael Jordan...I'm not worthy. You need opponents at your level. And you are like Mt. Everest, and I'm below sea level.

Sorry. I just dont want to hold the game back because I suck so bad. Its not right to everyone else.

What's with the meltdown? Self destruct on someone else's dime Sally.

What's with the meltdown? Self destruct on someone else's dime Sally.

Agreed. Even a noob can see Day 1 is too early for shenanigans like these. And they were completely unprompted. JiF, you have drawn the Eye of Sauron towards you.

Eye_of_sauron.jpg

Again, my offer still stands. I'd like to keep playing with you. But if you feel like you can't play with me i'll get replaced instead of you. To be honest, you're mostly psyching yourself out. I was just playing the game trying to get a reaction out of you but i'm sorry if I struck some nerve with you/crossed the line.

100% Honesty, I do NOT think you suck. I would like for you to keep playing.

To be honest, it's a little disappointing that she added that Doggin could or could not be added to the game. Obviously indicates he's not straight scum since the game would've been theoretically somewhat balanced without him.

Let me address this so y'all can stop worrying about it. If Doggin had come up scum when I assigned roles, and he declined to play, I would simply have grabbed one of the roleless townies and told them they were now scum. The town doesn't know if I did that or not. I included Doggin when I assigned roles and it was totally random.

They had the board game clue on one of the shows I watch last night (How I Met Your Mother). Thought it was kinda ironic.

UNVOTE

Anyways, couple of interesting battles going on as has been stated. JiF v JVoR strikes me as a more experienced, funnier version of Me and Brett last night on Day 1, or 2, or whenever it was. But...I have a really hard time sorting scum from town on Day 1, always have.

@slats. The flip side of JVoR being really good (which I agree with), is that as scum, he's extremely dangerous. I don't get a really scummy vibe from him right now, but I don't feel GREAT about much anyone, whereas Pac and CTM really stuck out as town early to me. I'm not really down with offing JVoR right yet, but the back and forth between him and JiF definitely is interesting. I guess my point is I agree with your idea, but disagree that it's a reason to want to keep him deep into the game for sure. He's dangerous if scum, extremely helpful if town. However, scum know that too and would definitely jump on an opportunity to get rid of him early, IMO (as scum has generally done with you, lol)

One thing that sticks out to me from last night was really Jetscode. He's awfully quiet, gets a vote, then shows up. Didn't really say anything seriously incriminating (though scum rarely do on D1), but it just sort of sticks out to me. Dan's also quiet, but she generally has been the past few games (she was also scum a lot at the end of last season, thoughI seem to remember her being busy with RL as well -- so that could be nothing).

Again, my offer still stands. I'd like to keep playing with you. But if you feel like you can't play with me i'll get replaced instead of you. To be honest, you're mostly psyching yourself out. I was just playing the game trying to get a reaction out of you but i'm sorry if I struck some nerve with you/crossed the line.

100% Honesty, I do NOT think you suck. I would like for you to keep playing.

Sigh...I almost hope you guys are trying some risky play early on.

Let me address this so y'all can stop worrying about it. If Doggin had come up scum when I assigned roles, and he declined to play, I would simply have grabbed one of the roleless townies and told them they were now scum. The town doesn't know if I did that or not. I included Doggin when I assigned roles and it was totally random.

You've got all these things figured out eh? See if it was me, I'd probably try to start the game over :P

fair enough..

can someone get this to jif and jvor asap

44726.jpg

Lets all bow before him.

Is this a serious question, JiF? I'd hate to lose you, babe.

Archived