Guess, Come On Just GUESS Who Vegas Is Picking In The AFC

SoFlaJets

***DING***

price_is_right.jpg

The reason the Pats are the favorites is to encourage betting on other teams because Pats fans try and lay big money every year because they think the Pats are going to win every year even though they haven't done so in close to a decade.

You know what they say about a fool and his money?

The reason the Pats are the favorites is to encourage betting on other teams because Pats fans try and lay big money every year because they think the Pats are going to win every year even though they haven't done so in close to a decade.

You know what they say about a fool and his money?

No. Pats are a big name with the coach of the year and the league MVP. They just won 14 games and have a crap load of draft picks. THAT is why they are the early favorites. If Vegas was so confident that the Pats wouldn't have a chance they would give them a higher payout to encourage more sucker bets on the hapless Pats.

By the time the season starts I bet Pitt, the Pats, the Jets and possibly the Ravens and SD all spend a little time in the top spot.

No. Pats are a big name with the coach of the year and the league MVP. They just won 14 games and have a crap load of draft picks. THAT is why they are the early favorites. If Vegas was so confident that the Pats wouldn't have a chance they would give them a higher payout to encourage more sucker bets on the hapless Pats.

By the time the season starts I bet Pitt, the Pats, the Jets and possibly the Ravens and SD all spend a little time in the top spot.

This.

The Jets opened 8/1 on one book I saw, which I believe put them at or tied for second or third place on the Vegas favorites list. Jets used to be 300/1 on a regular basis. Be happy with what you have.

This.

The Jets opened 8/1 on one book I saw, which I believe put them at or tied for second or third place on the Vegas favorites list. Jets used to be 300/1 on a regular basis. Be happy with what you have.

With the uncertainty of having multiple key free agents to resign or replace I am impressed the Jets are that close to the top of the list. The Jets are starting to get respect as an organization... Rarified air right there.

I can't wait for the time when morons start bringing up the good value picks. Ooooh, a value pick! You mean like the Chiefs were supposed to be before the playoffs started? Way to waste your money on a team that has zero chance.

Let's face it, there's really only a handful of teams capable of winning a title in a given year. Generally speaking, its not as wide open as we think. There are a lot of precocious teams out there who could find themselves in the playoffs and win a game or 2, but its not likely.

Youre wasting your time. He will never understand the way Vegas operates.

And because they knew a bunch of degenerates from Southie couldn't wait to lay coin on the Pats for next year the second the Jets knocked their asses out of the playoffs.

Like you do? You actually think the lines are based totally on the relative quality of the team and not on encouraging/discouraging betting.

Why would NE fans put all this imaginary money down when its questionable if there will be a 2011 season?

The line on NE will go down because nobody is betting on them right now. The draft and FA haven't even taken place yet, but youve figured out that NEs are already flocking to Vegas. :lol:

Please dont ever change.

Why would NE fans put all this imaginary money down when its questionable if there will be a 2011 season?

The line on NE will go down because nobody is betting on them right now. The draft and FA haven't even taken place yet, but youve figured out that NEs are already flocking to Vegas. :lol:

Please dont ever change.

:fish:

Man you're easy.

vegas took an absolute beating in this year's Super Bowl... green bay and the over was a nightmare scenario for them. they really don't know what's gonna happen, they are just a bunch of geezers in track suits that act like they do.

The buildings keep getting taller in Vegas for a reason Bit. Of course they don't know what's going to happen. But because of their inside knowledge of betting trends more often than not they come out golden.

It would be even more fun to see the Pats miss the playoffs because we swept them in the regular season.

unfortunately they almost always beat the teams they are supposed to beat. that is why they finish first. the jets usually blow a game or two that they shouldn't. next year that can't happen. got to get home field and the bye.

unfortunately they almost always beat the teams they are supposed to beat. that is why they finish first. the jets usually blow a game or two that they shouldn't. next year that can't happen. got to get home field and the bye.

I hope the Jets do.

I'll be there when the Pats take the Jets out.

Why would Vegas have better odds for the Jets over the Pats? The Jets took care of the Pats in the playoffs but the Pats own the AFCE.

Rex said it best when he spoke of how we have been able to beat NE but nobody else in the league has figured out how to yet

The buildings keep getting taller in Vegas for a reason Bit. Of course they don't know what's going to happen. But because of their inside knowledge of betting trends more often than not they come out golden.

they come out golden cause of the built in house advantage, at the book, it's called a vig..

and i heard vegas cleared 1M this year, last year 7M..

Archived