3 Cone Drill

- -

20 Yard Shuttle

- -

60 Yard Shuttle

- -

OverviewAnalysisWatchDiscuss

STRENGTHS

Ellis is blessed with NFL-ideal height and weight at defensive tackle. Holds up really well at the point of attack and can take on the double team and eat up space inside. Does a very good job pushing the pocket with his bull rush and uses a few hand moves to get off blocks. Excellent burst for a big man.

WEAKNESSES

Has character flags after being suspended and later dismissed by South Carolina. Needs to do a better job of watching his pad level at times. Can be fooled by crisp ball-handling and ball-fakes. Can be neutralized by trap blocks he fails to recognize. There are some concerns about his conditioning level.

GRADE

26 reps? Not very strong for his size.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watched a couple of pre-draft interviews with him. At no point does he acknowledge getting thrown out of South Carolina and in one is actually asked about his "recruitment experience" and how he "chose" Hampton. Shady. Sounds like it was repeated weed violations.

Just watched a couple of pre-draft interviews with him. At no point does he acknowledge getting thrown out of South Carolina and in one is actually asked about his "recruitment experience" and how he "chose" Hampton. Shady. Sounds like it was repeated weed violations.

Kid is a pot smoker who seemed to grow up a bit during his senior year and became a dominant player. If he matures as a person, he could be a special player.

Kid is a pot smoker who seemed to grow up a bit during his senior year and became a dominant player. If he matures as a person, he could be a special player.

He's a nose tackle. He can be a serial rapist for all I care. Let him smoke all the herb he wants as long as he's drawing a double team.

Naw but you just got an overweight slob NT that played low level talent on the college level and has no strength for his size.

Shows what you know, he was recruited and played at South Carolina. left after drug issues. And I'd love to see you bench 26 reps, plus strength can be built.

Now clean yourself up, you got some of my sh** on ya face

He's a nose tackle. He can be a serial rapist for all I care. Let him smoke all the herb he wants as long as he's drawing a double team.

As a ganja smoker I will say that has no credence on how he's 'sposed to perform

As a ganja smoker I will say that has no credence on how he's 'sposed to perform

There's a big difference between trying to sack Ben Roethlisberger while you're high versus trying to seduce the possibly bi-curious bartender girl at Applebee's while you're high. Or so I've heard.

There's a big difference between trying to sack Ben Roethlisberger while you're high versus trying to seduce the possibly bi-curious bartender girl at Applebee's while you're high. Or so I've heard.

Sacking Ben Rapist wasnt that hard, all I had to do was scream "party in my bra" and he folded like a cheap suit. <_<

Now that I think about it, it's very weird that 4 of our last 5 draft picks stretching back to last year were spent on small school guys. That didn't work out for the 2 we took last year, so hopefully we can hit gold with these two.

Temple University has 27000+ students. That's not a small school.

Temple University has 27000+ students. That's not a small school.

LOL, you coming to the defense of Temple of course. But you know what I mean? Who do they play against?

So I'm surprised at how this draft is shaping up because I didn't expect 2 dlinemen, given all the guys we're going to lose in free agency, you could see 1 guy as replacement for Ellis and then them going with Pouha-DeVito. Then you could have added a safety to play for Pool (he's up, isn't he?) or a WR as insurance, or a CB as insurance.

Instead, it's looking like maybe:

Let go:

Ellis

B. Smith

E. Smith (?)

Cromartie (Wilson steps in)

Re-sign

Harris

Holmes

Edwards

Is that possible? Could we possibly re-sign all of those 3?

Archived